Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Music' started by no-reality_allowed, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Enigmatic Boy Twilight Town Denizen

OMG I absolutely love Linkin Park! I get practically yelled at and sworn at for liking them, but I still love them like hell! I like literally listen to all their songs. I love all their albums except Collision Course (except for Numb/Encore-it was alright).

Favourite song from them and of all time is of course Numb xDD

2. SplitOverload Chaser

Linkin park is great. I used to love their old style. Now it's a bit more hardcore tbh. Not saying that's bad though.

For some reason Bleed it Out was death in my ears. I disliked it so much. What I've Done though was epic.

3. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Linkin Park got overplayed way too fast for my liking. All the AMV's on youtube put to LP songs THAT DON'T FIT.

I liked them at first, then it just got to be the same thing. Wasn't ti Xaldin who posted that all the songs sounded alike? ee; They do and once you figure out the pattern, it just gets dull.

4. SplitOverload Chaser

True that. Linkin park nowadays is whored alot.

I really ignore when it's a pattern but when it's obvious, I start getting frustrated lawl.

5. Spitfire I'm a little high, and a little drunk.

First off way to overplayed and stretched out, kinda over them it is the same thing every song IMO. But I will say that Hybrid Theory was an awesome CD, now don't get me wrong I still listen to them every now and then but anything new is just blah to me. I can't get into it now. Collision Course is by far one of the coolest things I have ever heard, I personally love Jay-Z, and their stuff with The X-Ecutioners was really good to.

As for now, I follow alot of stuff that Mike Shinoda does he is an amazing artist I think. Every thing from Fort Minor to Styles of Beyond, I have found to be amazing. But over all, Linkin Park kinda lost it for me awhile back, they are just eh....to overplayed.

6. Phantomas Merlin's Housekeeper

I like only few of the songs they play. Breaking The Habit is cool, but I ain't in love with it, and from the newer album, "What I've Done" is worth listening. They play it on radio too much nowadays. Every third of the songs that they play, is Linkin Park or something. They use too much the freaking songs in the radio-stations, it pisses me off. That's why I don't really use radio anymore of these days.

Like Mish (I don't wanna write the full nick :P) already said, that band is kinda overrated.

7. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

I personally like Linkin Park though I dislike how they get overplayed (if you haven't searched on Youtube for a LP AMV, go do so now. You may be surprised at the results). There are various songs like 'Breaking the Habit', 'Faint' or 'Papercut' that are worth listening to now and then but for the love of Ra, don't play them 24/7!

I mean, seriously! I once recorded how many times my radio station played 'What I've Done'...and the number exceeded 10.
    (I had some time to kill. >.>)

8. Nobody's Shadow Kingdom Keeper

In a room where it's nine in the afternoon.
    It's pretty much impossible for me to listen to one of Linkin Park's songs and not love it to death right away.

9. T3F Chaser

Thoughts on the band in general?

I used to love the band, and really I still do, just rock fans around me don't seem to think so. They have some good music, but 'A thousand Suns' was completely different. At first, I hated it. I was like' OMG, they've gone techno!' but I grew to like it, and I like the band, but I think their old stuff is better. They like trying new things, which is well respected. Why so many haters? What do you think about them?

10. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    You want to know why people hate them? Well, there's two reasons I can think of. First, its popular to hate them. Hipsters jump on bandwagons to pretend that they're unique, when, in reality, they only do it to try and impress people. Second, for a real reason for people to hate them: Linkin Park is an unoriginal piece of crap of a band.

Even when they try to do something new, they fail. HARD. For example, "The Catalyst" is one of the worst songs I've ever heard. However, when they're not trying to do anything new, they're riding the bandwagon of what's popular. They started as a less metal Korn derivative. They were basically pop-nu-metal. And it worked. They got tons of success from it.

Of course, as nu-metal was very much a fad, at least for the mainstream, they risked fading into obscurity once nu-metal stopped being mainstream. So they decided to switch to alternative rock once that got popular. And it STILL worked. And since emo and alt rock has stopped being as popular as it was a few years ago, they switched styles again. For the life of me, however, I cannot figure out what in the **** they were thinking this time.

11. Glen Returned from the dead

Linkin Park? Ah, the legendary band that is played frequently nearby me, the band that i have made a few music videos to, the band i spend my free time listening to, among many other artists. Linkin Park is definitely one of my more favourite bands, and i doubt that's going to change anytime soon.

12. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

Wrong... People dislike them not because its "cool" but because the old so-called fans turned on them when they changed their music a little bit. They said they went mainstream, which people disagree over.

And I actually disagree about the Catalyst, it wasn't exactly up my alley, but I hadn't heard something like that in a while, and I sort of liked it.

They have changed genres a couple of times, but Linkin Park has always been Linkin Park, the vocals are very recognizable and really good.

But hey, everyone have their own taste.

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

A Thousand Suns had some awesome tracks that I grew to love over time.

I loved the band after watching a few AMVs on Youtube. I've been in love ever since and to this day they still take up the mpst total space on my comp in terms of songs i've dowloaded...
    XD

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I really enjoy them, but it's been a while since I've heard any new songs from them. I don't really buy that many CDs, so I listen on youtube, but I haven't really gone looking for new songs on there either. I've got Hybrid Theory and Meteora and that's good for me

15. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    I haven't listened to much of the new Linkin Park music; I'll admit that it's partly from what I've seen said through the grapevine by people whose taste is comparable to my own, and their opinions that LP isn't as great as they used to be. I pretty much lost interest in them after Meteora, though some of their new stuff I found after the fact. They'll always maintain the status in my life as being one of the first groups I ever really listened to with any serious thought and interest though (them and System of a Down share that, though the latter has since grown defunct). I doubt I'll get much into their newer stuff, mostly because of my newer, and ever-broadening window musical taste is pretty driving me to find things that maybe aren't as mainstream, and possibly even totally unheard of by most people. Besides, I thrive on listening to LP's earlier works, since it's that material that got me really listening to music in the first place.

16. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

To be honest, I prefer their newer songs. At first I was a little taken back and unsure about how people would take it, the first song I heard was Catalyst which I immediately fell in love with. Anyway, I heard their old songs a lot, they were all over the place, infact I probably over heard them, they would always be a popular choice for music in AMV's and I started to feel like all the songs were too similar. I do still listen to their original stuff that made them so popular in the first place but I much prefer their new album.

I think people don't like the newer songs because it was an unexpected change to what they would usually come out with, all their fans were expecting similar stuff so of course anything they heard that differed from the norm would be disliked. They turned on Linkin Park because they feared the change they took in music style. Well, that's the majority anyway.

17. Roxas&Sora4E Traverse Town Homebody

Linkin Park? I love them! I first started listning to them when my mom was playing "Leave out all the rest," Ive loved them ever since! <3

18. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I love Linkin Park, and so many people don't because so many people do. I've been listening to them since I was about yei-hai. About seven or eight that is.

Yeah, they're pretty awesome.

19. Spike H E R O

I've been an LP fan ever since I heard In The End play on the radio in my school bus on the way to elementary school. When I was in High School, I started off as the kid with his Minidisc player glued to his ears, and you know what was in there? Hybrid Theory and Reanimation tracks set on repeat. They were one of the first bands I ever really got attached to as a kid, and even though their musical direction has shifted quite a bit over the years, I hold my tongue and forgive them for this, because I know how rough the music industry can be to work in, but the fact that they've done whatever they could to stay who they are and still find a way to better themselves as artists and as a band, well, I'll gladly say that they are my favorite band out there, and coming from me, this is a big deal.

20. Iskandar King of Conquerors

you heard In the End on the radio? Huh, I found it by chance on youtube. I just looked up some songs and found Breaking the habit and got addicted. Oddly enough, my brother had some CDs of Linkin Park. Not that he let me listen to them. But with that I knew some of the CDs I wanted to buy