Literate Beans

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by Chevalier, May 28, 2012.

1. Sumi suicidé

hey lovelies! i have a new poetry project up on tumblr and i was wondering if you all would check it out and give me some feedback? :3 it's my first time doing anything similar so it's exciting!
    http://breakingdowndawn.tumblr.com/

2. Misty gimme kiss

I always want to comment on your poetry because I enjoy it so, but I'm afraid I'm not terribly educated in the poetry department and have pretty much nothing helpful to say about it. Other than, of course, that I really like it! And you actually made me consider opening Breaking Dawn, which is an impressive feat.

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

Agreed with Misty! o: I haven't dabbled in poetry in...months lmao, but I'll try my best to comment as you update along. <:

4. Sumi suicidé

only the latest of replies

BUT thanks so much oh my gosh. c: <3
    Some more exciting news from my little poetry bubble back home: the group of poets I read with every month is going to be featured on our local Fox channel! Yes, it's Fox, but hey it is some recogntition. :3 If possible I'll try and tape it and put it online? It's really a great thing that we're getting to be better known. I've been reading with the group since February and it's really one of the best experiences I've had.
    Depending on how that goes, here may be some more exciting news but I'm hesitant to say anything before it's official. SO I'll just say that we read for the Youth Arts Council, and some people in high places were ~very~ impressed.

So, question: do you all have writing groups around? If so, what are they like and what tips do you have for those without writing groups to get a group started?
    I find that having a group of poets always keeps me on my toes and is encouraging and inspiring when writing a new piece!

EDIT because more great writing news:

Libba Bray is coming and reading at my school! Author of Beauty Queens, Going Bovine, and six other books is coming to read from her new novel The Diviners. I'm really excited about this, as she's an absolutely amazing author.
    Also: I've gotten the extremely awesome/special/brilliant chance to beta-read for Derek Nikitas, author of Pyres. I believe about ten others from my class will also be reading the first draft of his new novel and having a class with him (and possibly off-campus lunch) to discuss his work.

5. Plums Wakanda Forever

I do not unfortunately. :'c The only "group" of sorts I had were people in my creative writing class, and even then we were kind of...bad at keeping focus and critiquing properly haha. We usually gave better critique and advice later, just not in class usually.

And it really does keep you on your toes! There have been a few instances where we would all get inspired to write something else when we heard a line or two from somebody else, and it was very useful to getting a more wide range of ideas for what you could say.

And now you guys are my new group. <3 /shot

6. Plums Wakanda Forever

Budumpa bump

I haven't written much in a while, in fact, I'm currently struggling through the new update to Cascadia. ;-; However, I'd like to get some feedback on this little piece right here. It isn't much, but I do want to improve that one and I feel it may give some inspiration to finish up the Cascadia update.

7. Plums Wakanda Forever

*CPRs*

Wow, sorry about this guys. :c I'm going to try to set up a new thread soon, though I'm curious: does anyone want to skip into the more topic focused discussions (i.e. how to make good characters, etc.) or have one last general discussion thread?

ALSO, I am doing something somewhat different for the next Cascadia chapter, and wondering if people would be willing to beta test it when I'm done, just for critique and all that jazz before I post the final version (ideally should be up next week-ish, but I'm getting done with things faster than I thought so lol).

8. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

I would actually prefer more topic focused things. So far, the Cafe Sessions have been about more personal topics instead of actual writing and while those aren't bad, they don't really help us improve on our writing. I think more topic focused discussions would spark more activity since it would allow people to actually share their opinions on certain topics instead of just talking about themselves. I personally haven't participated in either of the Cafe Sessions so far because I didn't feel like I had anything to say. I'm a fairly new writer.

I'd be glad to beta test the story. Just send it my way when you're done. c: I'm also making a KHV story like Cascadia's and I'm going to ask for the same favor as Plums's. Would anybody like to read over it and give it a little critique before I release the first chapter? It isn't finished yet but I should have something in a week.

And I also posted some time ago a new chapter for a story that What? and I have been writing together. It's going at a slow pace at the moment but I think we'll be picking the pace soon. All critique is welcome. I really want to improve.

9. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I would have absolutely no problem with this. Any excuse for you to update quicker is alright with me.

10. Plums Wakanda Forever

I was thinkig along the same lines. xD Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Topic Focus: 2
    General Discussion: 0

Taking up the early sneak peek and I will read the Disconnect chapter soon. c:

Thanks y'all ;-;

11. Plums Wakanda Forever

BOOM beta

As it's a beta, there's still some incompleteness (namely images) here and there, as well as spelling errors. Also, there's another thing I'm going to add, but that's for the stable, finished update.

It's a .ZIP file, so you should download WinRAR if you don't have it.

Also, recommend you go Jayn > Fork > Claw > Enzy > Sabby > Me for chronology.

12. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Downloading now. OMG, I'm so excited.
    You've never been so quick to update ever.

Ugh, it's a windows file. ; ;
    Any chance you could convert it to a Mac file for me?

13. Plums Wakanda Forever

Here you go.

also the download(s) are like 1GB in size lmao
    woops ;-;

14. ShibuyaGato Transformation

OMGOMGOMG
    Thank you. ;~;

That's fine. For something as amazing as this, I'm willing to download a GB of awesome. <3

15. Plums Wakanda Forever

Alright, so wanted to get some final confirmation on a topic based discussion. I know 2 people were for it, but just wanted to make sure.

Nonetheless, the thread will be up either later tonight or early morning.

16. Plums Wakanda Forever

I lied.

It went up today. :B

17. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

...It's been too long since I checked in here... o///o

Well, I return with stuff! I wrote a Doctor Who oneshot the other day that I'd like feedback on; you can find it here on KHV or on Fanfiction.net. (WARNING: It DOES contain some Series 7 spoilers, so proceed with caution.)

Also, I've been working on a KH/Doctor Who crossover oneshot that I'd like feedback or ideas for thus far (it's still a work in progress and it's only a oneshot for now; I haven't decided if it'll go any farther). If you wanna help, PM me your e-mail address so I can send it to you. :3

18. Plums Wakanda Forever

Just quoting to let you know I'm planning on reading this shortly!
    Also GS, almost caught up with Disconnect, just have a chapter or two more to go (and also reading Styx's story).

Will try to have comments posted by the end of tomorrow (bug me if I don't).

Also

if you haven't replied to the Cafe Session, please make sure to do so! (Gonna post there again by the end of tonight, again, bug me if I don't). :v

19. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Major late reply. But hello guyz!

I've read Cat's story. But I never got around to talking to her about it. Does anyone want me to check their stories out?

I'm really liking the current Cafe Session. Go and reply you lozers >:L

20. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Bump. :B