Mafia [MAFIA] [GAME OVER, TOWN VICTORY] The Classic Setup: Game 1

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Makaze, Jun 27, 2016.

1. ShibuyaGato Transformation

No matter what, I feel like today's votes should go for cstar, and if anything tomorrow should be Ghost. Even if we're wrong about Mixt and Mish's alignments, I'd rather give Mixt time to potentially come back and defend himself.

Plus at least we'll probably take out 2/3 of the maf, which would be QUITE the comeback.

2. Mish smiley day!

Unfortunate for you because you were the hardest mafia member to find dirt on between you, Mixt and Ghost. You shot yourself in the foot.

To maybe convince Marushi of Mixt's scumminess, I'll refer to my earlier wall-of-quotes post. I strongly believe that there are plenty of hints that Mixt and Ghost are on the same team. Notice that Mixt votes for then quickly unvotes for AND later suggests he will vote for Ghost but never does. Note that both times, Ghost was in no danger whatsoever. He creates distance when it is safe to do so. "I'm going to Unvote: Ghost. Since that was just a pressure vote. (Not that he was likely to be in trouble anyway)." He even says himself that Ghost wasn't in trouble, his vote was meaningless. So why vote anyway? To add pressure, he said. I'd wager it was only there for us to see, for Midny to add to her vote log and for us to look back at it and think they weren't on the same team. Later on, and only a couple of hours before the deadline, Mixt suggests he will vote for Ghost. He even draws Marushi and Cat into the conversation, seeking permission to vote for Ghost, who were already set on Midnight by that point. Of course, they weren't going to say 'yup, go for it' when they wanted Midny to be lynched. So why even say it? It would have been good if someone had told him to put his money where his mouth is, though with a vote already on Ghost by Midnight Star at that point, it is easy to see why he didn't just vote for her in the first place - because it would have brought Ghost to a tie with Midny.

3. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I completely agree. Today we should vote for Cstar, but we should wait on the Mixt/Mish vote until more evidence piles up to support it. I still haven't had the chance to go back and look through the first 30 or so pages of thread, but just based on the points you and Cal brought up recently, you guys are starting to convince me about Mixt. XD
    Excellent points, Mish, thank you. I will say, you have been very helpful in this whole thing. You guys are all of you starting to really convince me. XD[DOUBLEPOST=1468380787][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, first off, I know I said earlier that I was building a log of everything, but seriously, that was way too much work, and I had to give it up. I still went through the thread carefully, however, and compiled evidence under the new knowledge that Cstar has been confirmed Mafia. And you guys now do have me pretty sure that Mish is probably town, leaving Mixt and Ghost as Cstar's teammates. I will note that if we're all right and Mixt is Mafia, he played a pretty good game and there are still things that he does that seem out of place to me, but on the whole, there's just too much evidence against him.

This is Day-1 prodding at Mish. Not a tell by itself, until you look at his very next post:

And also, if you look at the posts between these two posts by Mixt, there's not much substance there, and Mish doesn't state her reasoning in between these posts; she had done it earlier in the thread. So Mixt already knew why she placed the vote, and still said it was suspicious. Possibly trying to drop subtle hints to townies to start an early case against another Townie.

First off, just a note, he lets us know that he's quite trusting. Heavy implications that he's town and is having a hard time finding suspects because he's just naturally more accustomed to trusting all of us. He then makes sure to let us all know that he probably would have voted for Cat with us if she didn't already have 3 votes.

Some people have already brought this up, so I don't have to go into much detail. But yes, this is evidence against Ghost, as Mixt not only lets us know that he doesn't think Ghost is suspicious and is only voting for her because she's quiet, he even goes further and tells her to post more to get out of the quietish place we all think Mafia are likely to be in. He's coaching her on how to appear less Mafia-ish. Not a hard tell, but something worthy of note, and stacked up with everything else, more evidence against Ghost.

And here we have the infamous switch, that had me set on Cat and Judge, and had others set on me and Mixt, and still others on variations thereof, with a bit of Cal thrown in for good measure. Mixt's lack of conviction for either party is another tell; he didn't care which of them was lynched, since they were both town, and so it was a win for him either way. By voting for Tale, he placed me in the position of tie-breaker, which cast a fair amount of suspicion onto me as well, as it was theorized he and I could have been working together to save potentially-Mafia Cat. By doing this, yes, he was considered suspicious, but he probably thought he could get away with it for at least one day while people focused on the high-profile cases of me, Cat, and Cal.

Now while there's a lot here, and there are a few suspicious things that have already been pointed out (i.e., when Judge allegedly lied about his scumminess and so Mixt knew he was 'Mafia,' he scrapped his case against Judge and disappeared) the comment I want to focus on has been highlighted. This has the same subtle stance in it that Cstar's 'hypothetical' did. If Mixt was town, he would know that Judge was lying, and would likely have come to the conclusion that Judge was probably Mafia. So to admit that Judge might be telling the truth like he does in that sentence is a tell. He says that if Judge is telling the truth, the Mafia will kill him. That's not much of a hypothetical.

And those are the biggest things I was able to find against Mixt this game. Now onto the things Cstar has said that could help us be sure in our other reads, now that Cstar has been confirmed Mafia.

People have already noted that Cstar didn't want us to go with the modkill on Mixt. But she also tags him and wants him to post because it bothers her that he kind of gave up. With us planning at that time to leave Mixt to be modkilled and try to find a different suspect, and with us also having brought up Ghost and Cstar herself a few times as likely suspects, she would have every right to be frustrated with Mixt and try to get him to post. Aside from this, though, and this is key: If Mixt were town, and he were modkilled, and the Mafia got in the nightkill, the town would be down by two townies no matter who else we lynched. And if that happened, we would either end up with two against four, or we would have been overrun. Because if we had managed to find a Mafioso, and then we lost two town, we'd be at the MyLo, two Mafia to four townies. But if Mixt were town, and the Mafia got a townie, and we lynched a Townie on top of that, we'd have been down, because the Mafia would equal our numbers and we would be overrun by them. The fact that Cstar wanted to stop the modkill plan instead of trying to capitalize on the opportunity there can be attributed to her just not wanting to take the risk... But also could easily be her trying to protect the Mafia because Mixt was the one up for the modkill.

Cstar trying to get people on Mish and send Mish down with Calxiyn back on day 2 when I was pushing Cal?

She includes Mixt in her Mafia reads, 'because she wants 3 reads,' but gives weak evidence. She could be trying to distance herself from Mixt without actually giving anything big away, and she could be hoping that we'll all either hop on the Cal or Cat wagons and Mixt won't be in relative danger. Also, if she goes out of her way to add Mixt because she 'wants three reads,' why does she only give two town reads?

And so it appear that Cstar is likely on the same team as Mixt.

Now then, onto Ghost. Ghost has been quiet enough that there really aren't as many things worthy of noting as 'big' suspicious things. I really only have two big reasons as to why I'm in agreement with Ghost as Mafia, aside from her being too quiet throughout the whole game and then rather erratic during the past few pages of Mafia hunting.

The first is that at one point, I asked Ghost for her thoughts on Cstar, and when she came back, she focused on other things and never mentioned Cstar like I asked. Things were rather busy at that time and I'd forgotten it, but as she was quoted in the post, she had to have seen it. She also had a different quote of mine in her post, where she agrees with me about a suspicion on Cal, so it's telling that she ignored my direct question about Cstar.

Another thing that I have against Ghost is This conversation, wherein Ghost is caught in a lie. Read the three posts following it as well. Ghost seems to have given up. For someone who is claiming to be town, she doesn't even take the time to correctly remember things she said six hours earlier, let alone make cases against the other three. I think she's most likely Mafia.

So there you have it.

Cstar
    Mixt
    Ghost

Please oh please let me be right THIS time. XD

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Okay so we have about a day left to discuss, and for the most part it seems we have our game plan.

Is there anything that we'd like to add to discussion or just note about the remainder of the game? Because unless things suddenly take a turn I think we've reached a point where we know what we're doing and there's no going back.

5. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I will say that it's unfortunate Mixt had to leave when he did. But, irl stuff is more important- (which reminds me of a phone call I have to make, lol) So really, there's not much more I have to say on things.

I also feel like the Mafia, or at least Ghost, appears to have given up. She might believe that the game is pretty much over at this point. There's not really anything important about that observation, but still.

I think there's not point in putting things off any longer. So...

##Vote: Cstar

6. ShibuyaGato Transformation

@Mish @Calxiyn

If we're all agreed then it's time to get down to business.

7. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I might be mistaken, but I believe there was another vote for Cstar earlier in the gameday, bringing us to three... I'll have to find the last votal and read on from there to be sure, so I'll go look.[DOUBLEPOST=1468436278][/DOUBLEPOST]Yeah, Calxiyn voted for Cstar after Cstar let slip about her alignment. So Cstar is sitting at three votes.

8. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Yeah, just found the post here.

Looks like we're all set for today.

9. Mish smiley day!

Looks liike Mixt may be mod-killed, so by tomorrow it should only be Ghost left. We're nearly at the finish line.

10. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Actually, if we hammer within the next approximate 3 hours, perhaps a little less than that just to be safe, Mixt will fall into the safety threshold provided by Makaze earlier in the thread, and will not be modkilled. Especially considering he provided a real, genuine reason for his absence.

Since all three of the confirmed Townies are on the current votal, it's now up to the suspects, or mainly, you, Mish, since you're the only one online atm, to decide whether the day should be drawn out and Mixt should be modkilled or not.

If you could please just give a touch of explanation as to why you believe Mixt should be left to the modkilling instead of hammering Cstar, that would be helpful.

11. Mish smiley day!

Well... the only benefit really is that we'll win faster if Mixt is modkilled lol. As far as I can tell? 2 scum with one stone.

12. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Fair enough.[DOUBLEPOST=1468457994][/DOUBLEPOST]@Mish whenever you get back, you can hammer Cstar now and end the day.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  13. Mish smiley day!

14. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

In hindsight I guess we didn't even need to hit hard lynch since Makaze said he works till eleven, so we won't be able to know our results till then anyway. XD

15. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

HAMMER. DO NOT POST.

16. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

HUENGHMR

17. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

DAY 4 FINAL VOTE COUNT:

cstar (4) - Calxiyn, Cat~, Marushi, Mish

Not voting (1) - cstar, Mixt, Ghost

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to hammer.

DAY 4 HAS ENDED.

cstar has been lynched. She was Mafia Goon.

Night 4 has begun. Night 4 ends at 11 PM EST/EDT on July 14. There are approximately 24 hours and 15 minutes until phase end.

18. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

If you want to end the Night early, PM me with the time. Three PMs will result in early phase end.

I'm alright with anything after 5 PM EST.

19. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

boopadoopadoop this is all i do now

20. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Day 5 has begun.

NIGHT 4 RESULTS:

Cat~ has been killed. She was Vanilla Town.
    Mixt has been modkilled. He was Mafia Goon.

You may post.

With 4 players alive, it takes 3 votes to hammer.

Day 5 ends at 11 PM EST/EDT on July 17. There are approximately 73 hours until phase end.