Mafia [Mafia] Miami Haze ~ GAME OVER (MAFIA WINS)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Mish smiley day!

Hey why wasn't I added to the deadchat? ;c

2. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

You should have been sent a link in your PM.

3. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

You would have only been there for like 3 days.

4. Mish smiley day!

I received no such thing.
    What? was in there!

5. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Take it up with Nova.

6. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

I just read the entirety of the spectator chat and laughed really, really, really fucking hard. I'm sorry guys. I was prepared to die weeks ago so the fact that I made it to the end even though everyone was suspicious of me and all the dead people were screaming, makes me laugh. Ahaaaa

[​IMG]

7. Mish smiley day!

LOL same. Reading of their agony filled me with glee.

8. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I still can't believe you guys risked letting me live that night. I would have killed hyuge given the chance.

9. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

It was a tough decision that ended well on our part.

10. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

What was it? 12.5% chance? I wouldn't have taken that risk if I were in your shoes.

11. jafar custom title

second mafia win. good job guys.

12. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

We would have just killed you the next night. We had been planning to kill you for awhile, but wanted to wait until you were no longer a viable shield to do so. You outed yourself as the Watcher and were pointing fingers at us. We couldn't hide behind you anymore. I had been prepared to die. If we didn't get lucky with the Vigilante, you would have been the obvious person we went after next. It was more important to us to find out the identity of the Vigilante when we knew for sure he would strike, than it was to eliminate you.[DOUBLEPOST=1411756040][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, @Ars Wumbo, this was my favorite part in the entire Spectator Chat. Looooool

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Note to self: always follow my hunches in the late game without question because 2/3 times I am right about these things.

Then again, this was fake!Miami mafia vs real!Miami me. I KNOW MY CITY.

14. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

You could have killed me and taken the same risk with Marushi. While Marushi was right more often than me, she wasn't as able to sway people. I was the bigger threat. That's without counting my Watcher ability.

15. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Whatevs. We still guessed right and won anyway.

[​IMG]

16. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Luck was definitely on your side.

17. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I think the reason they did what they did was because they knew your alignment, but they thought that there was a big chance the vig was either me or Haya, and they thought it was more important to neutralize the vig.

Like, if I had been the vig, then yeah, Mish would have died and you would have lived, but the Vig would be out of the game and they would have killed you the next day without having to even worry about the Vig at all. With the way it was, they were extremely lucky to have outed the Vig and killed us both while keeping Mish around another day.

However, if they had killed you straight out and pitted Haya and me against each other, they would have been far less likely to definitively out the Vig. If they had redirected me to Haya, nothing would have happened.

So while it's true that aside from your role, you were a bigger threat, it was the role they were truly trying to determine. Pretty much, finding the Vig was more important than killing the Watcher, and that was why I think they risked it.

And then there's also the aspect that yeah, while we were both alive, you were the bigger threat, your death would have elevated me to the most active poster. And since I was right more often, your ability to sway people would be neutralized and my correct guesses would have been listened to more often.

So there was a lot of luck on their side, but it also had a lot of strategy to it. At least, that's how I interpreted their actions.

18. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Precautionary measure. Anyone with access to both Quicktopics could potentially carry information from one to the other. Not that I didn't trust you, 's just that I was having enough trouble keeping the game together as it was :v

And for those wondering, yes I am working on those critiques, but I've been quite busy lately. We'll see if I get to them this weekend; if not, early next week.

19. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

That makes a lot of sense. They were making use of the Monty Hall problem.[DOUBLEPOST=1411760948][/DOUBLEPOST]Although, with the way they talked about it, it seemed less logical than all that.

20. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

ayyy mafia pulling in the win

good job y'all