Mafia [Mafia] The Book of Names ~ GAME OVER (MAFIA WINS)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Schizophrenic Votal
    • Risky Biznu - 1 (Mish)
    • Zelda - 1 (Calxiyn)
    • Calxiyn - 1 (Zelda)
    With 8 left alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day ends in 23.75 hours.

2. al215 Kingdom Keeper

To be honest, I feel a bit freaking stupid because I just can't figure out anything. I legitimately have no idea about who might be anything at this point. All my ideas died with Key and Cat~ and anything I can get is just grasping at straws right now. With no ideas of my own, I'm forced to look at the idea I have the most faith in. Based on the players making them mostly, and whose reasoning I like the most. In that case, I've got to agree with Mish's case above everyone else's. Those three points he made about Tummer's more than weird actions are probably the only thing I can see even resembling a lead like that, but the problem is that for me, that means that as a Mafia play it is so ridiculous that doing so is well, stupid. I mean, why would anyone suspect Cat~ or Midnight? i don't see the case there.

##Vote: Risky Biznu(tummer)

I would also like to apologise for my recent inactivity. I've been tired and a bit stressed as of late, not to mention stuck so I've had a really demotivated period where I didn't really feel like posting anywhere.

Also, does anyone think this is the opposite of the other game? In Mr E's the Mafia were systematically hunted out efficiently and brutally, in this one they're hiding and we're on the brink of losing apparently.[DOUBLEPOST=1417711475][/DOUBLEPOST]And for the record, Cal's case makes a decent alternative.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  3. Mish smiley day!

4. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Sorry for being quiet!!! Life kinda took over and I'm literally on for about a minute before I have to go again. I'm really sorry.

I'll consolidate on Tummer if that might help, I'm not completely sure he's Mafia but right now I don't know who else to vote for and I want to help.

##Vote: Risky Biznu

5. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Well, my vote would have to come down to Zelda. Yes, I've been thinking about Midnight a lot this round, but as I've said numerous times before, she's not even my main suspect. I guess it's better to not just think out loud for now on. As for my current vote, I've said in the previous round that Zelda seemed like someone who seemed to let everything play out and keep as little suspicion on her as possible.

##Vote: Zelda

6. Zelda What will happen next?

D:

##Unvote

i'm so sorryyyyyyyyy /cries again

7. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Just-got-out-of-the-shower Votal
    • Risky Biznu - 4 (Mish, al215, Midnight Star, Zelda)
    • Zelda - 2 (Calxiyn, Tummer)
    With 8 left alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day ends in approximately 5 hours.

8. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

// Sigh // I was using the time to read the thread but now there isn't much left. I feel like the last couple of days went by pretty quickly somehow and yet barely anything was said. I wanted to hold off on voting quite yet because there really wasn't a lot of solid evidence brought against Tummer, just one post by Mish, but now it's too late. There are two votes left to be placed -- myself included -- and everyone just seems frazzled. Honestly, at this point it would probably be better to have a No Lynch because it would give us one more day to try and guess a Mafia member rather than being done today, but since there hasn't been any discussion on that topic, I'm not going to swoop in at the last moment and fuck with the game that everyone else has been playing for some time now.

With that, I'll go with the consensus, though I don't know how good it will be.

9. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

HAMMER - ALL VOTES LOCKED IN

Stop posting.

10. Mish smiley day!

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

THE SUSPENSE MUST BE KILLING YOU

BUT NOT AS BAD AS YOU'RE KILLING TUMMERRRR

...I'm really sorry everybody

HAMMER
    • Risky Biznu - 5 (Mish, al215, Midnight Star, Zelda)
    • Zelda - 2 (Calxiyn, Tummer)
    . . .

"...What?"

The accused looks incredulous, as though the thought of being suspected never entered into his mind. As the gravity of it hits him, his expression shifts from shocked to terrified. He takes a few steps away from the others, who begin closing in quickly.

"No... No, this isn't right... You can't!"

He backs into a dresser drawer, sending a vase to the floor with a loud clatter. This seems to awaken his senses, as he suddenly bolts down the hall. The group gives chase, but for a while he appears impossible to catch—Every time they get close, they round a corner or open a door only to find that it leads to somewhere it hadn't moments before, and he escapes down a passage behind them, or can be heard tromping through a different floor of the house. The wind swirls and groans around them, and the eerie blue lights flicker and sputter as the chase carries them further and further into a maze with no end.

Just as the party is about to give up the hunt, a new sound is heard from several rooms ahead: a chilling howl followed by a loud, cascading crash. Muffled shouting takes up the silence; apparently the hunted has come to a stop. The group move carefully towards the source of the noise, wary of the persistent howl, and the man's words become clearer as they approach.

"...me down, put me-aagh... Obey me! You... You're supposed to obey! Why is this... uhhg..."

Finally the group stands before an open door, and just over its threshold the accused hangs in mid-air, gasping and flailing as though held by the throat. Across from him is a sight that drains the color from everyone who lays eyes on it: a billowing, smoky silhouette in the shape of a man, featureless, "arm" outstretched towards the accused.

"You can't... do this... I... agh... I was supposed to be blessed by our lord! I was... I WAS TO BE A GOD!"

These words spark a change in the figure. A single feature appears on its face: Jagged snow-white lines slowly spreading towards its cheeks. A truly wicked grin, all malice and no humor.

In the man's last moments, his words lose coherence and become a series of gibbering screams, steadily rising in pitch. His struggles become quicker and more constrained, kicking his legs and clawing at his throat, until...

In an instant, so fast you could miss it for a blink, the man and the silhouette are gone. On one side, the faintest trace of dispersed smoke; on the other, walls drenched in blood.

Risky Biznu has been lynched. He was Hobbe Watkins, the Mafia Godfather.​

Silence floods the hall. The scene is too much to take in; the party remains frozen and numb. All their rage, their grim determination, has faded. Only the fear remains. Fear, now so grand and terrible, so wide as to swallow them whole. Then the wind comes again, cutting through the silence. The lights burst into life once more, only now instead of blue they have become dark and scarlet. The moon outside, suspended in time, follows suit and turns to a deep crimson. One word rings in the party's ears, loud enough to deafen.

F E A S T

They run. Not knowing why, not knowing where—carried by animal impulse, in a mad flight from a danger they cannot truly escape. The wind and ringing follow behind, lapping at their heels, crossing their path through intersections and side rooms, assaulting their senses. A few among them, presumably the possessed, begin laughing, but no one has enough presence of mind to turn and identify them. They scramble for exits, throw their weight against doors, into windows, but nothing gives way. They are trapped, trapped as they ever were, though the trapper is dead and gone.

Inevitably, they come to a dead end, trapped in a room with no exits, save the door they entered through. A nameless, formless something gathers behind them. Billowing smoke; an inhuman laughter, like a resounding thunderclap; and streaks of red that slither across the walls.

The force tries to cross through the doorway, then suddenly stops. It seems to twist and convulse in its efforts, but cannot enter the room. The more it struggles, the more it is met with sudden flashes of pure, white light. And in this light, an object is illuminated, lying unassumingly upon the doorknob: the father's rosary.

Acting quickly, one of the assembled rushes forward and slams the door shut. A brief wave of light spreads across the walls, then dissipates. The sound from outside gradually fades to a low rumble. The lights in the room return to a warm, friendly yellow. The group collectively lets go of their breath.

Only moments ago they thought themselves doomed, and now it seems providence has seen their plight. The group feels a mix of great affection and crushing guilt and grief as they think of the rosary; the father's last gift, given even once they had gone astray, to lead them back home. They say a prayer in his memory, and having regained themselves somewhat they discuss what to do next.

The possessed are likely still among them, and if anything will release them from this nightmare, it's finding and exorcising the foul spirits. They must carry on the father's will. And so it seems that, for everything that's changed, nothing has: The group settle once more into sleep shifts, and resolve to bring an end to this once they wake.

N I G H T • T H R E E

Night ends on Sunday, December 7th, at 7:00 ᴘ.ᴍ. (EST). AND I'M SETTING MYSELF REMINDERS THIS TIME SO I DON'T FORGET IT. Again, terribly sorry about the wait; hope it was at least somewhat worth it.

12. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Silence reigns throughout the "night"—It is difficult to tell when the day breaks and fades, with the ever-present moon outside—but unlike most nights, the silence is true and pure, not filled with fear and paranoid murmurs in the dark. It is clear that whatever awaits them beyond the rosary door has not left their side, but it appears also that it cannot breach the walls, so long as the father's protection remains. And so the nightly shifts continue without incident...

...until very near the next "morning," when one of the remaining villagers is unable to be roused from sleep. On closer inspection, the reason becomes evident: The possessed have seized on this person's life as they slept, taking it swiftly and without notice. Another is lost to them.

Mish has been murdered. She was Jerolyn Knight, an ordinary Townie.​

Though the loss hangs heavy on them, their resolve is not shaken. Father Trebón's gift must not be squandered; they must purify the spirits in their midst. It is the only way forward.

D A Y • F O U R

With 6 left alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Soft lynch has been abolished. Deadline is Wednesday, December 10th, at 7:00 ᴘ.ᴍ. (EST). Note also that the Town remains at risk of losing the game if they lynch one of their own.

13. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

[​IMG]

14. Mish smiley day!

I had a feeling I was going. Townies, it should not be too difficult to root out the remaining mafia. Good luck from beyond the grave!

15. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I wasn't expecting Mish to die but she was quite a helpful townie so I suppose it makes sense. Note, now the Godfather has been killed al215 is confirmed town. This leaves us with:
    1. Calxiyn
    2. Zelda
    3. Midnight Star
    4. Spike Luna (hyuge)
    5. Trigger
    (This was taken from the OP, all dead and al215 removed.)

16. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I'm surprised the Mafia got a kill last night. Excluding the number of Mafia left, that leaves three/four town. Now, assuming that the Mafia aren't able to have it, someone still has the Bullet Proof Vest, correct? Now we could have lynched the person with it but I'd think Nova would have told us. If we lynch a Mafia today, and then they try to kill the person with they vest Town is basically golden, as long as we can figure out who the last Mafia is. But that's really only if we get lucky. Just something to keep in mind.

As far as suspicions go, I'm not going to leave anyone out, so I'm going to do all of my reads. This isn't in any order at all, I'm just getting my thoughts down:

Midnight Star: 99% Town. Not really anything to say, other then she's been a big help.

Hyuge: I have mixed feelings about Hyuge. I don't think a Mafia would Hammer their Godfather, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised, it's happened in Mafia Games before. If she didn't vote at all I think it would have been semi-suspicious, but I also don't think it would have been a big deal since she just kind of got thrown into the chaos.

Trigger: Nothing has really been striking me with Trigger. He seems like the Average Mafia Game Player, no offense meant. There isn't anything really that stands out to me. He was a little bit quiet last game day, but I was too so I can't really judge.

Zelda: I've already said what I think about Zelda. She hasn't posted much content to actually help the town. It's like the posts are being posted for the sake of it, and that worries me. Even though she voted for Tummer, she didn't exactly have anywhere else to put her vote. If she didn't vote at all that would have looked suspicious. There's also the fact that Tummer threw her under the bus. Now if Tummer knew that he was done for it was a good idea. I mean, why would a Mafia member just throw another one into the crossfire. But based on how little people actually agreed with Zelda as a lynchy, it made a lot of sense. If Tummer was doomed anyway, he might as well try to proof the innocence of someone else. I doubt maybe people would be thinking about this fact, that maybe it was an act to make Zelda look like town. There's also this:

After being so sure of Tummer's innocence, Zelda voted him without any reason other then a "D:". At that point only Mish and Al were on the "Tummer Train" as she says. Another thing that strikes me weird was before she thought Tummer was town, she was suspicious of him.

Adding all of this together, to me it makes prefect sense that Zelda is probably one of the Mafia. I want to know what you guys think though, am I crazy? Like, am I the only one seeing this?

17. al215 Kingdom Keeper

This played out rather as expected honestly. I had a feeling it was going to be either Mish or Midnight and it turned out to be the former. It's quite irritating really. Ah well RIP mate let's see if we can avenge you XD

Now, to business.

First point of order, @Trigger where have you been? You've been a little quiet as of late and I'm feeling a little off about that. In fact, you've been of little addition in general as far as I can tell. Also you failed to take part in the lynch on Tummer which leads me to have further suspicions about you.

Moving on, we have the question of Zelda. Cal has a case on him that I will be reviewing in due course, but there are two points that I'd be interesting in making. Both Trigger and Tummer expressed suspicion and the latter voted for him in what I assume is an attempt to divert attention.

With this in mind, we have to look at the case on Zelda.

So, what we have here from what she has said is someone who is ambiguous and well, I'm of a mind to agree. Zelda is an iffy case and could be either based on what they've posted. However, I'd like to look at Zelda in a slightly different light in the case of comments made about him and looking at what our recently deceased Godfather had to say.

The Godfather throws Zelda out there as another candidate. What significance there is to that it's hard to determine, however I think we can assume that the Mafia wouldn't try and throw one of their own under the bus. The playing field is narrowing, so it may not be the best idea to start taking risks like that. Tummer could see that the lynch was heading towards a bad result, so one has to wonder: Why the distraction? Surely you wouldn't endanger another Mafia for the sake of yourself because at the end of the day, if the lynch turns then that still makes only two. By the same reasoning of course, we may well have ignored Tummer as a result, but I think there was too much of a case to be had there so it may well have come to two Mafia dying as a result of the day's actions. I'm inclined to think therefore that Zelda is a townie on virtue of this. Furthermore, if we assume that my suspicions I mentioned about Trigger earlier, then there's even less reason to suspect Zelda because if Trigger IS our other Mafia, then it seems silly. Trigger's post on Zelda doesn't make any strong suggestion, but the fact that it was even mentioned says something to me, although I'm not altogether sure what to make of it in truth.

Zelda is a confusing character. Primarily because a lot of the posts are jokes and there's not always something to be found in them. Also there's this weird hidden text thing here (hidden bolded):
    I like the word weird. And I probably am XD weiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirdddddd
    You didn't answer the question. i almost put a but here

Doesn't say much, still seems weird though.

And now for looking at Hyuge:

So the question is this when it comes down to our latest addition: Authoritative, or attempting to mislead? I don't like the "How unfortunate" and the claim about not going to mess with the game that we've been playing. There'd be almost a benefit to an outside opinion. Also I have to address this:

"Honestly, at this point it would probably be better to have a No Lynch"

No Lynches are not acceptable in general. it means that the Mafia can make progress while we can't. We'd have been one townie down with the Mafia active on all three. It'd be harder to come back because three people can join an incorrect case and swing the votes so that they can win. Bear in mind the smaller voting pool that would be available. We simply could not afford a No Lynch at that point.

I do not however know if this is something to be suspect of as of yet. It's not a great first impression. Maybe I just have issues with Hyuge's playstyle considering last game I was suspect of her and she turned out to be townie, so there could be a little personal bias there. What do you guys make of it?

On the case of Midnight:

Every inch the useful townie. I'd be surprised and very impressed if she were Mafia. She seems very much town to me.

And now for Calxiyn

I'm inclined to say Town. She's been useful, pointing out Mafia tells early in the game and has tried to come up with her own cases. She's stuck firmly by her Zelda case which further leads me to believe that she is town, because Mafia members don't A: Need to build cases and B: Don't need to stick to them. This does not mean to suggest people who make cases but don't stick to them are Mafia per say, but rather that she is more likely to be Town because she does as it seems to be a more inherent Town action. Mafia can with a bit of care drift in between and lynch townies where they can.

And she just posted a whole other thing above. Ugh. Not going to deal with that now, if necessary I'll look at it later.

I expect responses from all active players, either to myself or to Cal. This stage is crucial and we cannot afford to have a quiet day like yesterday given the current environment.

18. Zelda What will happen next?

I can't do pretty, well thought out posts like ya'll can, so please, suffer with me.

The four possible mafia candidates are Calxiyn, Zelda, hyuge, and Trigger, right? One of them is either hyuge or Trigger. I doubt it's both of them, since Trigger had Spike as one of his reads. He also voted for him after Spike's post about being voted.

Trigger: also votes a person for a jokey reason. forgets tummer in his list of people. puts spike past soft lynch. lists reasons for judges death. lists mafia and town reads. didn't post at all day 3

spike/hyuge: spike has the flu. hyuge thinks everyone's thoughts are ridiculous and gives a number. mentions wanting a no lynch, but votes anyway.

I'm more inclined to believe it's Trigger than hyuge, since I've got more to go off with him than with her. also, why would you vote past soft? if it's "to get him to respond", if he hadn't said anything when he got up to soft lynch, then I don't think he'd say anything when he's past it.

:o This is amazing. i like the work you put into it

tummer train:
    it felt like everyone was suddenly suspicious of tummer, even without voting. Since the last times we suddenly jumped on a person, they were all town, it seemed like he would probably be town, too. Looking back, Mish was the only person going for him at the time. :/ I thought I had seen someone say something in agreement.

"
    before she thought tummer was town, she was suspicious of him":
    Do you mean Day 1? If so, he was my top read because i didn't see anyone else as mafia. He was the closest thing to a read i had, my problem being he didn't unvote her after she was getting popular even though his reason for voting her wasn't serious. Which now that I think about it, is a very good reason to be suspicious.

19. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Thoughts on the points made in my post @Zelda?[DOUBLEPOST=1418074100][/DOUBLEPOST]Everyone, in addition to reacting to mine and Calxiyn's posts, I also want to see your Two most likely Mafia candidates. Thank you very much.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  20. Zelda What will happen next?

I had the same thoughts about Trigger's disappearance 'yesterday'. All I can think of for your case on me is "he noticed!!" and that you do a better job of defending me than I do. I agree with the hyuge section. I do not, however, agree that Cal is town, but my case against her is basically "she clung to her case about Cat and now it's down to either her or me being the other mafia," so I don't actually have any showable evidence against her.[DOUBLEPOST=1418074362][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh hi, mine are Cal and Trigger