Mafia [Mafia] The Book of Names ~ GAME OVER (MAFIA WINS)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Oct 16, 2014.

1. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Why Cal?[DOUBLEPOST=1418074969][/DOUBLEPOST]That's not really enough to make much of a case from.

We do however agree on Trigger.

2. Zelda NORT-h american eclipse

Because I don't think it's both Trigger and hyuge, so the only ones left are me or Cal. Pretty sure I'm not mafia, so all that's left is her.

Unless we want to add Midnight as a possibility.

3. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Midnight is unlikely to be Mafia, unless she is the sneakiest Mafia that has ever lived and will live. Trigger and Hyuge are a possible combination in my opinion because the aforementioned incident between Trigger and Spike was Day One (I think) which can largely be disregarded. It is in fact a great way to voice suspicions about another Mafia member because you can pass it over in favour of something new. However, Hyuge is the less likely based on her lynching Tummer making Trigger the most likely of the pair.

I'm not convinced on your Calxiyn reasoning. I don't think clinging to a case is really that suspect because we've seen occasions where the same has happened across this game. Mish on Tummer, Judge Sunrose (may he rest in peace) on Moksha and also myself on Cat~. Also, your word that you are not Mafia can be disregarded because, you know, you are a suspect of course you're going to plead Not Guilty XD

4. Zelda NORT-h american eclipse

I know. just saying.

5. al215 Kingdom Keeper

What exactly do you make of Hyuge?

6. Zelda NORT-h american eclipse

She seems grumpy. Her bringing up having a no lynch was kinda pointless, especially since she still voted immediately after anyway. Other than that, I don't really have any thoughts about her.[DOUBLEPOST=1418076383][/DOUBLEPOST]bringing up a no lynch is also suspicious, and when you think about the fact that it was a mafia she was suggesting we not lynch, it could be taken that it was a sort of defense for him, but again, pointless.

7. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Thank you. I'm signing off for now.

I expect replies from everyone at this stage. I want opinions on cases offered and I want reads. Let's get to it everyone.

8. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

In the case against Zelda, I think these are both good points. As I was reading through, she had a lot of budding with Key as well. Budding is a big mafia tell. Mafia members are comfortable enough to talk casually with other players because they know they are the bad guy. The one thing that leaves me a bit unsure is that the top two mafia suspects right now are Zelda and Trigger, but I get the feeling that if one of them is mafia, the other isn't. They've both posed rather half-hearted cases against one another. I don't think they would go back and forth the way they have if they were both mafia. Considering neither of them were really under suspicion all that much early on, they wouldn't have wanted to draw attention to their fellow mafia members that quickly.

@Zelda

Please do not twist my meaning of a No Lynch. I never said I wanted a No Lynch, I simply said it might be a better option. Yes, that gives the mafia a free kill, but it doesn't risk us losing two townies in one night. I voted because we were one vote away from having a lynchee and I wasn't just going to let it sit like that. Bear in mind there was one member that did not vote in the previous day cycle. Had I not voted at all, it would have been worse than voting No Lynch. I'm glad we killed a Mafia member, especially the Godfather, though that has little meaning now that the Cop is dead.

I don't think anyone's thoughts are ridiculous, I just felt that there was less substantial posts to use as reference than there should have been.

This is the most important piece of information at the moment:

First of all, Trigs never voted. That's a major flag. However, I'm not sure which is the bigger flag, Trigs not voting or Zelda being the last vote before me. Unless a mafia member is confirmed, they never want to swoop in and be the Hammer Drop, because that person will typically be the one that fingers are pointed at. Since Tummer ended up being Mafia, I fortunately wasn't chided for dropping the hammer. If a mafia member has to vote for a fellow mafia member, they always want to be 2nd or 3rd to last to vote. It's safer for them that way. I'm having a hard to actually deducing the voting list because pretty much everyone voted Tummer and the only people that didn't were Cal and Tummer. Normally, that would mean Cal has a high probability of being mafia as well, but most everyone seems to believe she is town.

Going to start like this:

People everyone believe to be town/confirmed town -
    Calxiyn
    Midnight
    Al

Unconfirmed/Suspicious -
    Zelda
    Trigger
    Me

I know I'm town, which means that the remaining mafia is either Zelda & Trigger and they are just bickering to save themselves, or either Midnight or Calxiyn is lying and doing a great job at deceiving everyone else. In the end, the only person I can trust is myself, which puts me in a difficult situation. I can trust Al as a townie, but without him believing that I am also town, it's troublesome.

9. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Cal doesn't feel Mafia. None of her behaviours would make sense for a Mafioso. If anyone disagrees with that and actually gets a Mafia read out of her, I'd like to hear a proper case why. Zelda doesn't seem to have much faith in her, but she doesn't have much of a case there. If someone can build a proper case with evidence and reasoning then fine. I think however, that Trigger is a solid option. I'm prepared to take him out. Zelda remains to be seen. Ambiguous enough at the moment, but I'm thinking that maybe they've got something going there. It does seem unlikely that they'd have voiced suspicions about each other if they were Mafia I agree with that. Perhaps they're going for the hope of the town not getting anywhere today and then they can just kill at will tonight? We'll have to see.

10. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

@Trigger What do you think of all this? And I would like to hear your reads as well.

Also, @Midnight Star we've yet to see you since you gave us the list of Players left excluding Al and the dead players. I'd also like to hear your reads and opinion on all of our cases

11. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Apologises, I hadn't accounted for how busy uni was going to get. It's the end of semester so I'm getting loads of assignments and stuff. (Had an experimental discussion today which went sooo badly. ;~;)

I'm loving the big posts guys. I was scared since Mish and Tummer were half the posts yesterday that it was going to go dead. Anyway, this isn't going to be an enormous post unfortunately. I just know I really should contribute more. I'm planning on updating all my logs as soon as I get chance as I've fallen a bit behind with them.

So thoughts on people:

Cal - I'm not actually as convinced that she's town as the rest of you guys, I mean I'm not saying that she's Mafia and I have no case on her but for me she's more neutral. I simply wouldn't put her as confirmed town for me. This is probably more based on her older posts though when I read her log, I haven't had chance to go through her most recent posts in detail yet.

Zelda - She's an interesting one, so for the first few days of this game I was quite suspicious of her, that might of reflected in my log and she was more than right to bring me up on how I phrased certain things in there. But since Cat died and it turned out she was town, I've been a lot less so considering a lot of the initial suspicion was due to her defending Cat and possibly 'buddying' with Cat. I still think they are quite unhelpful and not the greatest asset to the town (though they have improved) but not necessarily Mafia.

...yeah, this is turning into a long post and I have to go now. I'll post the rest later.

12. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Nonexistent Votal
    • None
    With 6 left alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day ends Wednesday, December 10th, at 7:00 ᴘ.ᴍ. (EST).

13. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Day ends in just under 24 hours so I think it's to the point where we need to make a decision. This is a very difficult point in the game as we have to get it right. It would be best to get rid of Trigs, as he has not said a single thing, but I don't want to waste a vote like that when we aren't sure if he's actually mafia. If he's not, then policy lynching him will just screw us over.

I think it's kind of suspicious that out of nowhere Midnight just started voicing a not quite positive voice about Cal while saying she doesn't necessarily think Zelda is mafia when most everyone else has said they find her pretty suspicious. Especially when she said "thoughts on everyone," but then only mentioned the two of them. That's a protection thing. The only part really throwing me off is the fact that she was only the 3rd person to vote Tummer. It wasn't like she was backed into a corner and was forced to vote him, she was the one that set the precedence that he had to be the next to go by being the middle - most vote.

I am really at a loss with this mafia team, but my instincts are telling me that it's Midnight and Zelda; though the strange gameplay has a shred of doubt clinging to the back of my mind.

##Vote: Zelda

14. Trigger hewwo uwu

Hi guys. I've been really busy this past week and have had very little time to come on khv and check the thread/reply. I know I missed almost two whole days so I'm really sorry.

I'll try and post all my thoughts on everybody.
    • Calxiyn: I'm inclined to believe town but still suspicious. Though their posts have been on the slightly sparse side, they're usually insightful with good analysis. The uncertainty stems from my belief that they may be posting less on purpose so they can swoop in and make these big posts to appear town, then disappear again and not have to deal with saying something that could incriminate them.
    • Zelda: I don't know. They come off as really wishy washy to me. No real case building, indecisive at times, or just going with whatever the popular opinion happens to be. Also to reiterate what Cal pointed out, the way they kept flip flopped on tummer after feeling sure tummer was town. It just puzzles me.
    • Midnight Star: Most likely town, but there's always that chance and we shouldn't write them off just yet. Or anyone for that matter.
    • Spike Luna (hyuge): After silence for almost the whole game before a replacement was found, I find them to be a wildcard. They said it might be best to opt for a no lynch and in the same post finalized tummer's lynch. That alone gives me so many mixed signals and I don't know what to make of it.
    So as it stands I find Zelda and hyuge to be the most suspicious and Cal a little less so.

15. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Measly Votal
    • Zelda - 1 (hyuge)
    With 6 left alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day ends in approximately 18 hours.

16. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I'm really really stuck right now, I'm happy everyone's been helpful and put up their top 5 but I'm struggling to make up my own mind with so much riding on this. I don't just want to follow blindly when I know that two people here are trying to deceive us. Ughhh. I have suspicions but I'm not completely sure on any of them and the pressure to get it right is making me reluctant to commit to anything even though I probably should.

Okay so Hyuge I find a bit suspicious due to her acting slightly different? The thing with disregarding the entire thread prior to them joining really irked me and seemed odd as surely we want to use all the evidence available to us to work it out but I'm not sure that alone would be a Mafia thing. The no lynch thing was also strange and made me more doubtful of her. I think the reasons she put for their suspicions are valid ones even if I may not agree entirely though. (I don't think I worded that very well but I'm still unsure of myself here)

And then there's Trigger who from what I can tell only posted once in day three (to defend himself) and he's currently posted once in the current day. His last post was helpful and appreciated, and I can really sympathise with being super busy because I am too but there is almost nothing to go on. He did post a bit in the first few days and was trying to help (though voting Spike past soft-lynch was a bit strange) so I'm not sure. If we weren't in a MyLo (Mislynch & Lose) situation, I would be for killing him but as we are, we could policy lynch then lose.

I really don't think I'm being much help here, sorry!!!

Also reminder, we don't have long to go, we really need to decide on a target. I should be around today so I can add my vote where it's needed.

17. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Well, I'm going to go with Zelda. This to me seems the best course of action. Trigger is so vague, that we'll lynch him tomorrow assuming nothing comes up because I believe the Mafia may use inactives to hide behind. As it stands, I think that we've a lot to learn from killing Zelda right now.

18. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Now that I have everyone's general reads, I feel good about continuing.

19. Midnight Star Master of Physics

As only one more is needed to lynch, I will put up that vote if nobody else does before the deadline. For now I'm waiting to see if anybody else says anything.

20. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Midnight, just vote. It's not worth waiting for.