Mafia [Mafia] The Masquerade in Salem ~ GAME OVER (MAFIA WINS)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Ghost King's Apprentice

Honestly I have no idea how to convince you otherwise and I have a feeling that if I tried it probably wouldn't sway your vote so I'm just gonna go ahead and vote. I'm still sure who I'm voting for.

Vote: Judge Sunrose

(what am I doing on the computer I still need to finish my homework and get to bed =_=)

2. jafar custom title

Sorry for the late reply. There wasnt really much for me to add.

Vote: TWTNW

3. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Vote: TheWorldThatNeverWas

One step closer to victory, I hope.

4. Ghost King's Apprentice

Does this make me officially dead? I'm still cloudy on this bit

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

As a matter of fact, it does.

HAMMER
    • Judge Sunrose - 1 (TheWorldThatNeverWas)
    • TheWorldThatNeverWas - 3 (Godzilla, luminous, Judge Sunrose)
    . . .

All eyes turn to a shifty one among their number. At times remaining silent, at others playing nonchalance, she had finally begun to participate in earnest—but sadly it's far, far too late. As one of you moves for the pistol, she slowly backs away from the group.

"No... No, y-you don't want to do this... I'm not what you think..."

A pair of you move to subdue her, and she begins thrashing.

"D-don't do this... Please! If not for me, than for your own-"

Her sentence is untimely punctuated by a gunshot.

TheWorldThatNeverWas has been lynched. She was Abigail Crowninshield, niece of the late Miss and official family treasurer. Though not usually one for fancy do's, another relative convinced her to attend the ball; looks like she should've stuck to her instincts. She was aligned with the Town, and had no special abilities.

"...No..."

The gun falls to the floor with a hard thump. Your hearts have all collectively skipped a beat. One of you curses loudly, punctuating the silence, which seems to snap the party back to reality—and the grim realization that you have sealed your fate. One of you has perished; another is as good as dead tonight. And when that happens, the survivors will be powerless to stop the remaining Mafiosi. The remainder of your group backs away slowly towards the path to your respective rooms, regarding the others with dread. Suddenly you all turn and run for your doors, slam them shut and lock them tight. There will be no rest tonight...

N I G H T • N I N E

Night ends Wednesday, May 28th, 1:00 P.M. (GMT-5).

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  6. Ghost King's Apprentice

[​IMG]

7. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

. . . . . . . . .

In the dead of night, you hear a loud clang and a vicious scream from down the hall. There is a prolonged sound of struggle, and then... silence. For many agonizing moments, all you hear is the frenzied thump of your heart reverberating through your skull. You swallow hard and edge towards the door, cracking it open and peering out into the hall. Moonlight spills into the hall from an open door a few feet down. Still there is no sound. You step out of your room, alone in the hall, and edge towards the open room. The scent of iron assails your nostrils. Your brain screams at you to turn back, but something compels you. What you find in the room is what you feared the most: A fresh corpse lies twisted and battered on the floor, blood pooling beneath her.

Reid has been murdered. She was Delia Crowninshield, niece of the late Miss. She was well incensed by the turn of events, and it was all she could do to keep from grabbing an iron poker from the fireplace and lopping off a few heads; but in the end, all her rage couldn't overcome her attacker. She was aligned with the Town, and had no special abilities.

Realization hits you like a tornado, and as if on cue you hear another scream from farther down the hall, this one cut short and supplanted by the drawn-out, rolling thump of a collapsing body. Then... Clomp, clomp, clomp. A pitch-black silhouette glides into the hall, not three yards away from you. At last you heed your brain's warnings, turn tail and sprint down the hall—but as you near the foyer, you notice the door is open and a figure stands in the doorway. The light hits him just enough for you to see him level the pistol on you.

August 11th, 1922. Salem, Massachusetts. It's been over a week since the fifth annual Salem Masquerade Ball. Since that night the manor has been locked up tight, and a handful of attendees have not been heard from, presumably locked inside. Rumors abound, but local authorities have made no move to breach the premises. To make matters stranger, on the tenth day, early in the morning, smoke begins to rise over the manor. Just when the citizens of Salem are beginning to wonder if the police even know about the mysterious lockdown, a squad of cop cars is seen cascading down the street, followed by a fire truck and several ambulances.

Law enforcement and civil service spill out of the assembled vehicles as a throng of bystanders gather around the manor, eager to see the conclusion of this strange, disquieting incident. A few fire axes and crowbars later, the front doors are broken through, and officers storm the building, only to find the source of the smoke: A massive fire is roaring to life in the foyer. The officers retreat and call in the firefighters. It will be many hours before they can quell the flames, and by then there will only be evidence enough to confirm that a massacre took place here, but not who survived or even who did the deed.

Meanwhile, several blocks away, a pair of men toss away tattered overcoats and finally remove their masks. Judge Sunrose and luminous exchange self-satisfied smirks and set off through an alleyway, towards their favorite Italian restaurant.

The Mafia has won by overrun.

And that's it! Game over! Congratulations to @Jayn, @Jiku Neon, @luminous, and @Judge Sunrose for a spectacular performance! (Unfortunately Beau was denied a posthumous victory for breaking several rules.) Since it's late and I'm tired, I'm just going to PM all the players saying the game is over and open the floor to discussion. Share whatever information you please until tomorrow, when I will update the OP with role information and a log of the Mafia's nightly activity. Comments on the players' performance will follow after that.

Just to make sure no one misses this, you may all post now. Feel free to chat about the game!

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  8. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

... Woops.

9. burnitup Still the Best 1973

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ DEFEAT RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

10. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

I'd like to feel like I won; but this is the kind of game where if you die as mafia, it was your game to lose to begin with. So congratulations to the real winners.

11. cstar stay away from my waifu

meh... do I get an award for being the single worst player in the town that screwed everyone over?

no?

okay.

12. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Being dead and knowing who's who is nerve wracking.
    Though having a three night streak isn't too bad either. Well done, guys.

13. Ghost King's Apprentice

Totally called it.
    [​IMG]

14. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I pointed out the night before my death who I thought was mafia... I was soooooo close.

15. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

for fucks sake guys. you couldn't even wait for me?

// siiiiiiiiiiiiiighs //

16. Ghost King's Apprentice

You see what happens when you leave? They killed me. =_=

17. 61 No. B

well considering 2 of the 3 people who voted twtnw were mafia, that may have been the point.

also, who totally called who the remaining mafia were minus maybe suspecting cstar ? this guy

gg mafia. got really into it. also got kinda stressed over it lol

18. jafar custom title

man that was an intense game.

good game everyone.

19. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

god forbid i sleep off inibration.

20. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Aw, I was hoping we would somehow manage to pull a win. Though I always suspected Cstar, so I still would have voted wrong either way. XD Ah well, that was fun, and good job, mafia folk. You managed to beat us pretty solidly, if it hadn't been for Skull Joke announcing what he knew, we probably would have died a lot sooner. XD