Maleficent movie?

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by reptar, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

-SCREAMS-

I am so excited for that movie, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!

2. Patman Bof

He definitely got my attention. If anything so far the visual look nice. Burton did become its own trope lately, hopefully he' ll surprise me on that one.

I can' t help grinning at all the snark comments about adaptations. At least half of all the Disney classic are unashamed adaptations, including Alice in Wonderland and Sleeping Beauty. Adaptations aren' t the death of creativity, if anything they' re riskier since a good chunk of their audience will inevitably ***** about their lack of respect for the original material. Which just proves they missed the whole point of the exercise (putting your own spin on it). Maleficent will stand or fall on its own, if it sucks balls I can still go back to the Disney classic.

3. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

this could be interesting it will give us a new outlook on sleeping beauty

4. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

I've got exceptionally high hopes for this, since it looks very similar to Wicked, which I haven't seen, though have heard it was amazing. Good luck Burton.

5. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

I can't wait for the movie. When I found out it was Angelina Jolie, I flipped! So far, the trailers have done the hype justice; in my opinion anyway. She's really good actress, so I know Jolie won't disappoint. Also, the CGI and digital effects in that movie look amazing!

6. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Agreed, now to wait a month or two for it to be released...

7. Glen Returned from the dead

While the movie itself does look good, and I will probably see it, I don't like the way they're trying to explain this backstory. Supposedly it explains why she's so evil and whatnot, and that really annoys me. Maleficent has always been my favourite disney villain. She's meant to be this evil witch, not "oh I was only trying to defend this", it just takes away so much for me :(

8. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Saw the trailer on Disney Chanel once. I thought it looked amazing, and I personally would love to watch this. It would be nice to see the story from Maleficent's point of view, and see how the supposed 'good guys' in the story aren't as good as we originally thought. Also Maleficent with wings, I'd love to see that.

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I want this in my life. SO FRIGGIN' BAD. Maleficent is ma gurl and Jolie was a surprise cast that I'm looking forward to. Glad it's not Helboncar again.

10. Cherry Berry Chaser

Maleficent as a Disney villain will always be one of my favourites. For some reason I always seemed to find her both hilariously sassy and scary in the animated edition. Unlike most, the only reason she decided to curse the Aurora to "die" on her 16th birthday was because she was the only witch/fairy not invited to the party, which invoked her rage phase uwu

I'm loving the trailers for this Maleficent, and hoping the movie does itself the justice it deserves.

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

People always say it that way, but to her credit Aurora was a princess and an invitation to her birthday party was probably considered a gracious honor. For Maleficent to be excluded, and especially for the fairies to tell her she was unwanted when she got there, was pretty gauche of them. If an evil sorceress lived a couple castles down from me I would defs try to stay on her good side.

12. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

I saw the film over the summer and I thought it was okay. Not the best interpretation of Maleficent, but it was alright.