McCain or Obama?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by TheKingdomCame, Sep 10, 2008.

?

Which Candidate do you think will do a better job?

1. Obama

77 vote(s)
    67.0%
  2. McCain

38 vote(s)
    33.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKingdomCame Traverse Town Homebody

This is the place to debate on which Presidential Hopeful you think will do a better job. I'm personally am going for Obama, but I want to see all your opinions on both sides.

2. Juicy Chaser

If I lived in America I would personally vote for Obama. But due to the racial issues that are re-surfacing in the USA I think Mccain will suceed and become president, simply because deep down in the hearts of Americans everyone is racist (even if it is just a small part) and will vote Mccain. Obama is popular, but will he get the votes he needs and deserves?

Ah well. Anybody's better than Bush.

Hope that made sense...

3. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

I have to agree with you on everything about your post except your stereotypical view of Americans.I amn't american either and i go for obama.McCain is Bush's doppelganger.

4. Juicy Chaser

Yeah, reading my post it does seem like I'm stereotyping..
    I was kind of just repeating what various people in the media are saying. People claim that all racism has gone now, but it's still there, deep in people's thoughts.

5. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

All people are racist deep down and it reveals itself when you think your better than someone close to you just because of their culture or way of life.

6. Repliku Chaser

I'm voting for Obama when elections happen. I like McCain but really cannot support Republicans at all at this time as their platform and McCain's platform itself is against what I want to see happen right now. I also really do not approve of Palin as she too stands for so much I am against right now. I feel McCain now is on this 'change' thing, stealing the motto from Obama and that in the end nothing will change by looking at his platform itself and what he seeks to do. There's nothing in it that differs from what Bush has done and would plan to do -at all- so I don't see where this change is coming in when I look at his stances. I don't think Obama is perfect or anything, and he's going to have to do a lot of work but his stances on issues concerning rights of women, assistance with the poorer people, paying back some into the national debt to lower it instead of putting us more in debt to give people a bit more cash while the economy fails, and the focus on jobs is important, as well as a better health care as I have no insurance and medical bills are darn right huge each time I injure myself. There are other issues I could go on and on about but this vote for me just has to go democratic this time because McCain isn't 'Reagan' and the two parties right now are very divided.

7. W7F King's Apprentice

My entire family is Republican, and just because we always have voted republican, my parents are going to vote Republican. I'm not old enough to vote, and I don't really trust either side right now. However, if I could vote, and I actually decided to, I'd vote for Obama. He throws around the word change as if its like saying amen while you're in church. Change doesn't necessarily mean it will be good change. Despite that, I'm still kinda sorta hoping he will win, just because he will be the first non-white president. I don't really like the dude he picked for Vice (I can't even remember his name), but whatever. I don't know either party's full list of "changes that will be attempted to be made", so I can't really bash one or the other. Meh, I'll just sit back and watch what happens.

8. EvilMan_89 Code Master

so true that deep down inside everyone is probably a LITTLE racist, but i don't think that would really have an effect here. i dont' think people against Obama is against him because of his race, that's sure not why i'm against him. i'm against him because his voting history is kinda contradictory to what his campaign stands for which is a little suspicious to me. also, i refuse to fall for his campaign slogan "change" because that's all it is, a slogan, which is the stuff you're not supposed to fall for. i feel as though people vote for Obama for all the wrong reasons. i didn't really have an opinion on Sarah Palin until she started attacking Obama, i enjoyed that part very throughly but at the same time i thot she was overly harsh. like the part that she said "i was a mayor for a small town in Alaska, it's kinda like being a community organizer except you have actual responsibilities." i mean she COULD"VE attacked Obama with more class but her tactics seem to be working as the polls SEEM to be shifting towards Mc Cain now. but i can't really say i like Mc Cain either, i'm just gonna vote for him to vote against Obama <.<

also, what is a Bi-partisan? i heard that's one of the reasons Obama is popular. what is that tho?

i think that Mc Cain on the change thing is just a campaign tactic, i think he's just trying to show people how ridiculous that "change" slogan is because it really is kinda ridiculous.

9. W7F King's Apprentice

Directly from Merriam Webster:

: of, relating to, or involving members of two parties ; specifically : marked by or involving cooperation, agreement, and compromise between two major political parties.

Basically, he's not entirely conservative. He's willing to examine a situation, and then decide which way would be best to solve it: Go about it from a conservative stand point (republican), or go about it from a "must. make. changes!" stand point (democratic).

10. EvilMan_89 Code Master

oh thanks for that, i really honestly had no idea what that meant, thanks for clearing that up. but i dont' get why that makes him very popular, wouldn't it be common sense for EVERY politician to be that way tho?

11. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

I can remember one of my friends who has an Xbox was on Halo 3 and he slags of Bush and one of them pipes up "whats wrong with george bush, he's a great President" and my friend pipes up "He's the worst president ever" and the other guy goes "Just name one thing wrong with him, just one thing" and the rest of the room start listing off stuff.The rest of the room were american except for my friend who was irish like me.The room start slagging bush and the guy defending him after that point and they ended up throwing the guy out.Bush and McCain are the same.McCains a doppelganger and once and if halo 6 comes out a debate like that will break out.McCain will keep the Americans in Iraq and continue WarMongering while Obama will take the troops out of iraq and the termoil will stop.
    As a matter of interest, who voted for McCain above???

12. W7F King's Apprentice

Yeah, but if you look throughout history, few were that way, and almost every single one of them was a Republican. What that means, I can't really say for sure without offending someone, or getting it wrong and making myself look stupid. I might do some intahrweb surfing on this subject though.

13. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Ginta, stop spamming.

Personally I don't care for either candidate, but I would vote for McCain. Obama seems very clueless with the war (as did Hillary), and his plan of action isn't very impressive... going back to Afganistan is pointless, considering Osama could be anywhere by now. I watched his Q&A with the people of Michigan the other day (where I live) and his replys to many of the questions were just rants about how McCain isn't doing anything. For example someone asked "Since Michigan relys on the Automotive Industry, what do you plan on doing to help us get jobs back at Ford, GM, etc.?" Obama's responce started out like "Um... well, just so everyone knows, McCain didn't even bother to meet with leaders of the automotive industry so, yeah don't vote for him!". He continued ranting, but never answered the question. Too bad for him, whoever wins Michigan basically wins the election.

Anyways, the reason I'd rather have McCain is because he has more experience. Not to mention I have a feeling other world leaders would look at Obama and not take him as a very serious leader. Whoever gets elected, things will "change" as Obama says in your ear until it bleeds... but for the better? I wouldn't count on it.

14. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

You do Know that Obama's trying to pull the troops out slowly don't you???McCain wants the troops to stay there and WarMonger.

15. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Pull them out of Iraq, yes. Obama wants more troops sent to Afghanistan... he feels Bush isn't sending enough there.

16. Repliku Chaser

But we do need more troops in Afghanistan. As a former soldier I can say that with validity. He's absolutely right we should fix up the situation there as it is the war situation we were involved in first.

17. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Sure, that is true. However we can't just start pulling out if Iraq... we've dug our nose too far there to leave now. Even if it is "slowly", things will most likely turn back to what they were before. What's left in Afghanistan though? New tapes from Osama haven't been seen in months. So other than some Taliban members still in hiding there, er... yeah. Frankly it doesn't matter what we were involved with first, what's done is done. The fact is we are in Iraq and have to finish rebuilding it. That's my opinion anyhow... meh.

(Off topic side note: You were in the Army? Details plox)

18. Repliku Chaser

Yeah I was in for 3 years and went over there and yes, I think we need to still fix up Iraq too but we don't need to build a base there like Bush and McCain will push for and we do need to get them more involved. There's a lot of hairy stuff going on over there and people do need help, sure but Afghanistan was treated as though it isn't important and yet it is. Those deaths there could have been avoided with more troops there. We don't have the stability there that is desperately needed. Iraq is its own problem and needs work but there's a government system in progress and well, we have to start realizing we cannot change their whole culture with what we've done. It's going to take time but I think we do need to pull out gradually and definitely we don't need a base there etc like I know is planned.

19. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Obama= hope for this poor excuse of a country which we live in. Economy might be able to go the way it should be going, and hopefully, Obama will be able to do more then just change our situation to the way it was b4 Bush came into office.

McCain = Doomed country, no hope. Depending on how votes go will show whether it is just the gov that is stupid or not, since all citizens do is show the popular vote after all. Either way though, if drafting then starts up, not only will there be many angry people, but many people breaken the law, possible riots in certain area's (which I can gaurentee I'm gonna be a part of), ect. He will literally be the death of this country, because 12 years of Bush is just to freaken long......

20. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Quoted for truth.Obama is new and McCain is old, literally and figuratively.He's Bushes doppalganger and to appoint McCain for office is like appointing george bush.People say that McCain was captured for 2 years but what the hell does that have to do with an election.He was captured,thats a granted but his been honoured for that so please don't vote for him just for his patriotism.Obama is the future and McCain is Yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.