McCain or Obama?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by TheKingdomCame, Sep 10, 2008.

?

Which Candidate do you think will do a better job?

1. Obama

77 vote(s)
    67.0%
  2. McCain

38 vote(s)
    33.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I personally thought that being able to get the media on your side would be a desirable trait for a presidential candidate. Also, why are you letting the actions of others (i.e. not the candidates themselves) affect your choice of candidate?

2. The Fuk? Dead

Exactally, that's why that alleged tape of Obama praising Palistinian gods or whatever hasn't come out yet, if that was Mccain worshiping Neo Nazi's, that tape would be all over the news. But the Obama tape isn't cause the media is on his side.

3. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

First off, the American media supports Democrats in general, Obama's nothing special. Second, I'm not letting it affect my vote, it's just more difficult to vote when you don't have accurate information.

4. Sara Tea Drinker

I want to point out something downright disturbing in that worldwide poll: Only ONE!!! NOTE: ONE!!! Country wanted McCain, and that was Iraq. There were some who were leaning McCain in Africa, but only Iraq in the whole frigging world wants McCain.

Let me explain something here. If you're in Iraq and your whole village gets slaughtered by American soldiers, *yes, it has happened, not including god knows what else* In most cases, the surviving families want revenge. The boost for terrorist recruits has exploded through the roof since this war started. Iraq wants us to stay because we will give them more recruits.

I'm fed up with the comments, and I quote here: "We'll get another 9/11 and another dictator if we don't stay and save Iraq." We're causing another 9/11 right now, it's a ticking time bomb because so many people are pissed off at us there, yes, some people like us, but the more you cause damage, the less they will.

9/11 was in 2001.

Iraq was two years later after we fought in Afghanistan. With no Weapons of Mass Destruction and no support. It has caused more damage that is imaginable.

You don't want another 9/11? I don't either, stop supporting Iraq. And stop saying it's the pride of the country at stake, people hate us, people danced in the street when those planes hit that day and we've been going downhill ever since.

Obama I see is the one who at least the world would give us some support.

That is my rant.

5. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i don't know if the war in Iraq will even be a big issue no matter who the President is. even though Bush is going to be out of office, several news sources said that he's planning to withdraw about 8000 troops sometime near February and already started some plan to do so.

but i just have to question one part of what you said. the people in Iraq MIGHT want McCain for this reason: to keep the troops in Iraq to defend them and help them. my guess is just as good as yours since there is no solid evidence of either.

6. Sara Tea Drinker

It might be, but those roadside bombs are happening for something. Another note, Bush is getting more and more defensive about the war, has anyone asked why? No one else seems to get as defensive as he is.

EDIT: Evil, considering this is an election year, he's going to say and do that. His terms are done, but he wants McCain in the White House, same with the oil prices dropping. They're going to do stuff that would make their party look good right now, including trying to reverse all the bad stuff that happened.

7. Dredica SNES was the best.

Okay...The terrorist shouldn't have f**ked with America. I know innocent people die in Iraq all the time, but that's what happened with 9/11 too. If we DON'T do anything, then 9/11 will happen again. In my own opinion, even how cruel it is, I think we should withdrawl all the troops and the innocent citizens, and then bomb the hell out of Iraq. Note: I am in 8th grade and I am a guy, so violence is 9 out of 10 times probably is gonna be my answer.

8. EvilMan_89 Code Master

yea it's obvious that Bush likes McCain. i'm not a McCain supporter either btw. i was for a LITTLE bit but i THINK it was Sarah Palin that made me stop believing in him. and i find it kind of funny how McCain is trying to distance himself from Bush, i think he's even talked badly about him during the course of the campaign too.
    well yes and no to what you said. it's not the Iraq people who were behind 9/11, so their people don't need to die. even IF bombing them were the answer to the war, it's not going to prevent another 9/11 because we would be bombing the wrong people. and besides, they're spent all this time rebuilding Iraq, bombing it will just undo everything. and you can't really withdraw JUST the innocent citizens because the terrorists that ARE there are secretive, it's not exactly easy to tell who is terrorist and who is not.

9. Dredica SNES was the best.

Yeah...I didn't really think about the terrorists that are secretive.

10. Sara Tea Drinker

People need to realize: IRAQ DIDN'T CAUSE 9/11!!!!! Do the frigging math!!! TWO years later we attacked Iraq, Afghanistan did 9/11, even admitted it. Iraq hates us, I do note that, they have for a long time. So have every other frigging country there. Only Isreal we have somewhat good connections with because we help them and it pisses off the Middle East who want the Jews in Isreal out.

Ironically enough, we started the whole terrorist thing ourselves to where it is today. We gave them weapons, and we gave them terrorist schools. We basically brainwashed the people in the school's the "American" way, and the terrorists simply took it over after we left to brainwash them to blow things up as suicide bombers.

We wanted the Soviet Union gone when that was going on. I have a question for all of you, yes, off-topic.

Ten, fifteen years after we leave, after we drive out the "terrorists" like we did to the Soviet Union...

What's going to happen then?

We can't be vigilanties to the whole world forever while our country suffers like it's doing.

Iraq shouldn't be going on while our economy is this bad, we need to withdraw for that sake alone.

The money spent on the Iraq war could help pay for someone's cancer treatment or save a chid's life most likely every week or even less.

I'm on a government health care program that is being cut every day. I have cancer and god-know what else right now going through because I can't afford a job and health care at the same time.

For me and many like me, the war could kill us because of what supports us. Obama is the one who at least has a laid out plan for it.

EDIT: Apologies for rant.

11. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i don't get why everyone thinks that either. i see on Facebook people saying something like "George Bush supports 9/11", i think they mean the war in iraq :p i don't think ANY politician would support 9/11, lol

i hope this isn't a stupid question but when did this happen?

12. 778MasterMarluxia Twilight Town Denizen

OMG only people who want the anti-christ to come voted for the inexperienced obama. we need an american hero like mccain to lead us right now... lol they both suck.

13. Sara Tea Drinker

I think it was the 1960's or seventies, during the red scare.

We actually pissed them off also for walking across their sacred ground, they didn't like that. They basically considered it holy for thousands of years or something during that same time period.

14. EvilMan_89 Code Master

is that sarcasm? i honestly couldn't tell.

i know alot of people like McCain because he was an American soldier and was a prisoner of war. while that shows loyalty which is a desirable trait, it doesn't nesscarily indicate competence.
    oh yea, i think i remember a teacher saying something about the US bombing Jersusalem a long time ago and that is why people hated the US.

15. Sara Tea Drinker

That's just fairy tales that the right (or left, forgot which one is conservative) made up. My aunt who's a bible-belt, 250,000 dollar earner who cringes at the thought of giving one more penny to the government thinks that Satan will come if Obama is elected.

I don't know about McCain, he likes to talk about the "old-fashioned" days, which worry both me and my mom because they don't seem to work right now.

Evil, they hate us for a lot of reasons, think about it this way: Americans are considered one of the most selfish people on the planet in other countries. We don't help with the AIDS epidemic though we have a drug that helps it, we don't help people in Africa, we spend god-knows how much on ourselves, even food and other things we have people can barely get. We don't help anyone in a lot of cases, Iraq if it was something to make us look "helpful" destroyed our reputation by looking like greedy selfish *******s. There's a million reasons why the people in Africa and other countries celebrated when those planes crashed.

Think about it, anyone...

And you'll start to see why.

16. EvilMan_89 Code Master

right wing is conservative, left is liberal. i don't know what "old-fashioned" days would constitute, but if that would be like the 1990s i think that's a good thing.

17. Sara Tea Drinker

This is not the same circumstances, evil.

When the Great Depression hit, it was way beyond what the late 1980's were like.

We had a whole restructuring of the government then, people are already getting reports that this is starting to look like the same thing, you need change if that's going to happen.

18. EvilMan_89 Code Master

well the good news is that this thing will all be over in less than a week. i can't wait, those damned political ads were driving me crazy.

19. Scott Pilgrim Banned

I'm going to sugggest this to anyone to anyone who gets into polotics. STAY OUT OF IT!!! Don't get wrapped into the presidential election unti you can vote.

20. EvilMan_89 Code Master

oh believe me, i CAN vote, but i'm not going to because i'm undecided. but i guess someone shouldnt' stress over a situation they have no control over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.