Meet the Robinsons

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Te Deum, May 23, 2014.

?

Did you like Meet the Robinsons?

Poll closed Sep 23, 2022.
  1. Yes! I love this movie.

33.3%
  2. It was pretty good. I was moved, to a degree.

41.7%
  3. It was okay. Nothing life-changing.

25.0%
  4. Eh. It could have been better. Needs a lot of improvements.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No. This is one of the worst animated movies to be under the Disney label.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Is it just me, or is Meet the Robinsons not given enough love for a Disney movie in the past decade? It's nowhere near the likes of Frozen in regard to financial success, and doesn't come close to the social acceptance and loving of, say, the Lion King. But it does serve as a wonderful vessel to carry out that famous Walt Disney quote.

But it doesn't just serve as a vessel. Truly, the plot is well thought out (when you disregard the amount of confusion that can be caused by really thinking how the movie should have worked with the inclusion of time travel). The characters were pretty deep too (again, disregarding the majority of the Robinson family who just have brief appearances). Overall, it was lighthearted and good-mannered, and was pretty smooth for a movie that was made during the fusion of Pixar and Disney. (Did I mention that the movie was primarily Disney-animated?)

Even though all the stops that could have been pulled out weren't, it still hits pretty hard at the end. I had my share of tears, if that counts for anything.

Besides responding the poll, remember to share your input on the movie. I don't want to keep believing I'm the only one who truly liked MtR.

2. Ghost King's Apprentice

My favorite part was the end when you saw who everyone was when they were younger. Me and my sister actually watched this movie so much that the dvd stopped working after a few month. And I think it was the only movie I watched over that time. I still feel bad for Goob at the beginning of it. :(

There were so many quotes from this movie that I had stuck in my head for years.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Krowley Moderator

Out of the 2000-2009 CGI films from Disney, (Meet the Robinsons, Chicken Little, Bolt, Dinosaur) Meet the Robinsons is in fact the one with the most heart in my opinion. The film is all over the place, but I'll get to that in a sec. Like you said, it's a really upbeat, light-heaerted film. Looking at the poster alone, it just explodes with color. I wasn't too fond of the character designs, but I got used to it I guess as the film continues. But the redeemable thing about the entire film is definitely the theme it tries to convey. (Which I guess counts as a spoiler so I won't mention it)

The main character; Lewis, reminded me of an animated Johnathan Lipnicki (In his younger years) Not really that much about this character aside from the lesson he learns and the amazing things he sees. Yeah he's a growing orphan who's timid, nice, and inventive, so it's really easy to sympathize what he goes through, and I think that's okay here. The character is developed enough to warrant emotion as well as relate to what the message is.

The other main kid; Wilbur, is like that cool kid in your grade school class that always gets in to trouble. Not all that much to get into, but he does spark the adventure, so he does his job.

The robinsons themselves are definitely an odd bunch. But the thing with introducing them all in one flash is that nothing gets to sink in. Everything is just scene after scene after scene after scene. No breathing room and no pace. Which AGAIN, might be okay here. The family is clearly nuts and eccentric, so it would be normal for them to get all crazy and non-stop, like a roller coaster ride. I do, however think they accept Lewis far too quickly after just a day. At the same time, it is a bit overbearing when they all wig out on screen.

The villain is... well, he's incompetent enough to get a laugh, and it's really easy to follow this guy. He always need help and his plans more often then not fail in the pursuit of his endgame.

So in short, while I do like that it had it's heart in the right place, you don't really get to enjoy it until the end. It is exactly like a roller coaster. Starts slow and builds up, then just goes crazy fast until it slows down and allows you to take everything in. It's a nice film and all, but I wouldn't put myself through watching it again. My favorite parts lie in the end where things goes full circle.

4. Rena88 Twilight Town Denizen

I quite enjoy this movie. Fun humor, neat take on the time traveling aspect, and very heartwarming by the end of it. I still listen to "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas regularly since I first watched it years ago. And who doesn't love a talking T-rex?

5. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I really enjoyed this film! Haven't watched it in ages as the disk is scratched but definitely an enjoyable watch. It was light hearted, I didn't evaluate it deeply when I watched it because I didn't really want to pick it apart, I just knew that it was funny to watch and I enjoyed replaying it. Also, I am very into the concept of time travel so I just love it and the concept of it all changing.

But yeah, I like the characters, it feels satisfying and it was just overall enjoyable.

6. Ghost King's Apprentice

I kinda agree with this. I was like 8 or 9 when I first watched it so I wasn't interested in analyzing it I was more like "Ooh mommy bought me a new movie. Yay! >3< Lol, look at those frogs"
    So I guess that impression of it being a really awesome movie stuck with me

7. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

It's my dad's favorite animated movie, and it was the only animated movie to beat out Disney's Robin Hood on his list, if that means anything, which, I know doesn't... Started well, that sentence.

ANYWAY. I actually really like the movie, I think it's cute and it does a good job really showcasing the three-word theme of the movie, that famous quote of Walt Disney's, like everyone's said. However, nothing can be watched in my house without it being psychoanalyzed and picked apart, ESPECIALLY if it has to do with time travel, so I'll admit the movie has its flaws, and its plot holes. Overall, though, I'd vote it to be pretty good, and it definitely deserves more recognition than it gets.

8. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

I actually really like Meet The Robinsons. I've seen it several times ever since it came out, since it tends to be on TV a lot.
    And it's weird that I don't know a lot of people who have seen it :C because I think it's a lovely light-hearted movie (to an extent..some scenes are actually sad). The cast of characters are all amusing, and the villain himself is memorable because he's goofy.
    Also, the ending is one of my favorite things ever. Ever since I saw it the first time, it really stuck with me. I don't know what it was. The message itself? The song "Little Wonders" that played?

I wish more people knew the movie. It's very enjoyable, even if it has its flaws.