Metal Gear Solid: Rising (E3 2010 News)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Radiowave, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

I'm pretty sure I have not seen a thread about this...anyway, at E3 2009 it was announced that a new Metal Gear was coming not only to playstation consoles but xboxes as well. This Metal Gear is called Metal Gear: Rising and like Metal Gear Solid 2, features the lightning sword-weilding Raiden.

Here's the trailer shown at E3 2010

First off, I'd like to say that I'm disappointed because these graphics suck...yeah, not true, these graphics are absolutely amazing. I love how the bits of metal/blood splash onto the camera.

Metal Gear Solid is notorious for its cut-scenes...seems like this game will only have more.

2. no-reality_allowed ¢ℓαιяνσуαηт ℓσνєкιℓℓ

I think you're talking about MGS: Peace Walker. A totally different game than what Rising is going to be.

Either way, I'm interested in Rising but I'll definitely need to see more to secure my purchase.

3. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I like the cutting. :3

Certainly has my attention. Being able to cut your surroundings is pretty cool. I'll certainly have with this. xD

4. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

I like that the Trailers actually give you info. I mean for one if you look at raidens blade you can see it uses the same mechanism as the rail gun. I like the whole controlling directionality and strength of blade mechanics.

5. Captain Hero Hollow Bastion Committee

This looks simply amazing. I can't wait until it's out, although I'm still waiting to hear what the premise of this game is, exactly.

6. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

Oh snap, you're right. My bad.

I did eventually check out Rising though, and I omg'd. It looks great. I wowed at the graphics. It looks fun, and I can't wait to get it.

7. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I'm waiting for the accompaning advert:
    Own Raiden's sword!!! Can cut bone, metal and most importantely.... MELONS!!!!

The cutting mechanic looks almost like an advanced and polished version of the cutting system used in the Afro Samurai game. I loved that ability, so this game should satisfy my great pleasure in cutting a man from head to genitals in one fell swoop.