Miley Cyrus is remaking 'Thriller'

Discussion in 'Music' started by Bond of Flame, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Aura Goddess

No. Just no. Disney stars should seriously stop remaking classic songs. Thriller is my favorite song from Michael Jackson and I will be pissed off if she actually does it. Although, I'm positive many people will hate her if she does it.

2. Tootsie coquí

Oh God I already suffered when I heard The Jonas Brothers "Hello Goodbye" version and now "Thriller"?

She can and she will but that doesn't mean it will be succesful,maybe to the kids but to a great amount of MJ fans and people with actual good taste in music,well that's another story.

3. Repliku Chaser

The Jonas Brothers raping the Beatles was enough. Miley Cyrus doing Thriller... there's a reason that the song has been duplicated by fans or imitated now and then but never really seriously reproduced. It's a classic that should be left alone when serious reproduction comes into play. And Miley has an 'okay' voice but she's nothing spectacular that I don't hear in high school choruses. I take it though, if they did this, it's to do another 'kids' take on a song. However, her popularity would take light away from the original creator and I don't see why kids can't watch the original video etc. It's actually held up well through time.

4. Hayabusa Venomous

There needs to be a rule for modern musicians.

If you're under 21 and most of your fanbase has not yet or is still experiencing puberty, you don't get to cover good songs.

5. Ravenyuki Traverse Town Homebody

You're not serious...are you? The original thriller will always be better no matter what! :/gasp: I don't think she should've decided to do this, but hey...It happens all the time. Classic songs get re-sung by Disney stars.

6. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

^ This

I was listening to "Kids in America" when I was in a nostalgic mood once, and my five-year-old cousin Rebecca comes over to me and says, "Why does "Kids of the Future" by the Jonas Brothers sound so weird?" I practically raged. Not at her, but at the Jonas Brothers for taking away credit from the original artist with their remake, making kids of this generation think that said remake is original in any way, shape, or form. If Miley Cyrus does remake "Thriller," the great song will no longer be considered a Michael Jackson classic, but a Miley Cyrus single instead.

7. Hayabusa Venomous

So, we should make a list of pop-stars who have ruined great songs so far and need to be murdered:

Hillary Duff / The Who - My Generation
    Jonas Brothers / A-Ha - Take On Me & The Beatles - Hellogoodbye
    Avril Lavigne / System of a Down - Chop Suey!
    Miley Cyrus - Michael Jackson - Thriller

8. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Raged SO fucking hard at this. All she does is scream unintelligible noises into the mike to the syllables of the lyrics while playing guitar TERRIBLE, so it just rapes the song completely.

9. The Fuk? Dead

It was actually comedic. Gibberish is definitely was good word for it.
    It pissed me off too though.

10. 007 Hollow Bastion Committee

well, at least Kids Bop, which should be illegal, isn't covering it (although they'll probably eventually get their small, ratlike, hands on it). this is worse than when "Thanks a lot, now I need an Advil" Lavigne covered Coldplay's "the Scientist" or when Linkin Park remade U2's "With or Without You"...wait
    [​IMG]

11. Rexyggor_thenewmember Twilight Town Denizen

I dont know what to say about that. Miley Cyrus has already gone overboard. Just stop. I can't stand that. Especially "Thriller". I don't think anyone should try to do that again. It's an MJ thing only.

Just... if she does, I wont even stare disney in the face. Nothing.

Also, it kind of gets annoying how all the disney channel stars need to sing. Not every actor/actress needs to have a hit CD. Only the good ones.

Lucas Grabeel is one of the good ones, cause he won't do that. He can produce his own songs.

12. Misty gimme kiss

Wow, you guys are such haters.

Whatever her intentions are as far as why she's doing it, I don't really care as long as it's not whored or anything. I agree that some songs should just be left alone, but hey, maybe she does really love MJ.

13. Emilio Estavez Destiny Islands Resident

I hate when ****ing horrible music artists cover awesome songs just to ruin it

14. Rexyggor_thenewmember Twilight Town Denizen

Well if her reasons are true, then I don't mind that, but Thriller is not be the best choice for her

15. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

Really!? O_o

I love her and all, but... "Thriller" just ain't her...

in my opinion The Jonas Brothers could pull it off, and so could Fall Out Boy with thier cover of "Beat It" but... I don't think she'll be able to. But, we'll have to wait and see. Maybe it will actually turn out to be awesome. =)

16. Johnny Bravo Chaser

this is probably the reason she is remaking the song, personally I think that Michael Jackson's songs cannot be re-made, re-mixed maybe but I dont think people will like it

17. Hayabusa Venomous

It's Miley Cyrus we're talking about, the girl only 2 days older than me (16 right now) who posted racy pictures on her Myspace and posed for topless photos, as well as has her own barely humorous show on Disney Channel (I've had to watch it due to my brother). If anything, she could show her love for MJ by leaving his songs alone, so an actually respected musical artist can give a respectable cover.

18. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

No, I think she really loves money and fame, and she knows that since Michael Jackson recently died, remaking that song will get her quite a lot of both.

19. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

Well, Miley Cyrus seems like she's quite immature in a way. But judging from this, she probably just wants to make this a tribute to him.
    I would still take this matter seriously, because if she makes it bad, her career will be flooded with haters. xD

20. Styx That's me inside your head.

And the best way to show your love is to make a version of his song that you know will be weaker and less favorably received?