Miley Cyrus is remaking 'Thriller'

Discussion in 'Music' started by Bond of Flame, Aug 5, 2009.

1. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Nowadays with Miley Cyrus, I will consider this:
    You pretend to write your songs,
    and we pretend to like them!

Seriously, why can't they just leave the greatest songs in history ALONE? It's even more idiotic considering he just DIED.

The Ghost of MJ frowns upon Miley Cyrus.

2. Repliku Chaser

I don't 'hate' Miley Cyrus. She's just to me not that good at singing and does nothing in the genres of music I care for. I thought people well overreacted to the pictures and such and nothing was really that bad that merited her being ridiculed that much over it.

That being said, because I'm not a 'hater', I still feel she should just leave it alone. Sure, the kids will buy it up and all, but again, it's never going to be as cool as the original and I don't see why the original has to go under-appreciated by kids because she does some new thing on it that will just stink because she doesn't have the talent MJ did. Tribute or not, that's a one of a kind song. I've laughed at various comedic versions or amvs people make or even the FF: Spirits Within take on it that was amusing, but really, a serious tribute from her is going to blow chunks and it's about $$$$$.

3. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

All I can say is that we will all know the truth deep down; that Michael Jackson's original "Thriller" will always be the best version.

I don't don't like Miley Cyrus (because I almost never listen to her stuff to even say an opinion about her) but all I can say is: what can you do? I don't tend to listen to covers of great songs and I most likely will not be listening to this one. Again, the original is almost always better.

4. Misty gimme kiss

I'm just saying lol, people get really worked up over anything she does. I just think hey, she's going to do what she's going to do, getting worked up over it isn't going to change anything. Tons of artists are doing MJ covers, and they don't get hated on as much as she does. Am I a fan of her? no. Do I think she's a bit of an attention/fame whore? Yes. Do I freak out over it? of course not.

5. jafar custom title

This is pretty lulzy. It's totally going to backfire because it's not her music style. And the theme of the song isn't either. At least the Jonas Brothers choice of music fit them, even though they completely mutilated it.

6. Fellangel Bichael May

Oh god, I hope it's not true. Those dang Miley loves will say YEA! (bout 5%) The rest (95%) say failer to remake a MJ song. Nice way to take a music from the king of pop who is dead.

7. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Oh sweet Jesus, say it ain't so....I haven't recovered yet from that awful Jonas Brothers remix. Way to ruin his music...

Maybe by some strange force, they won't let her. Or maybe she can do a spot for Pepsi and catch on fire too. I'd love the fire thing.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I wouldn't be as pissed as I am if she was a guy since the original was sung by a guy...or if she even did teh same genre as Michael Jackson did. I have literally not managed to hear the Jonas Brothers cover and I"m glad. I"m forbidding myself to listen to it

9. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

It's Miley Cyrus.... of course it will be a disaster

I think MJ's songs should be left alone now.. I mean they're still great and to release a cover because he died and to attempt to boost your own (****ty) reputation is pretty sad don't you think?

10. SoKuRi777 Destiny Islands Resident

If you ask me the only person that should cover a song is Amy Lee she covered Korn's "Thoughtless" < Awsome song btw love both Her's and theirs and she covered Linkin Park's "Numb" < nice song too, but Cyrus covering Mj's best song well let's just say she'll be getting a visit from Mr.R#%#%#$^^%#^%#^#^#$PE^$^$^^^FU*^*^^&*###%CO$%^%$^K%%#%#%#%#%%#%FFFGDGGDGDT%%$%$^AS#$@$$BITC%#%%%#%er and that's all.

11. Naqki Traverse Town Homebody

Seriously? She should be hung.

12. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

...I thought this was a joke at first.

Ok, first of all she's a terrible singer to start with.

And secondly, now that MJ is dead the best way to pay our respects to him and move on is to keep him alive through his music. I'm not a big fan, but I respect that he was a very talented individual and I am strongly against anyone butchering his best song just so they can sate their own ego.

I saw her interviewed on the Jonathon Ross show once. He couldn't even finish his sentances without her bursting in with something like 'So did you see the new movie? What was your favourite part? It was me, wasn't it?'.

13. In_the_Twilight Twilight Town Denizen

Completely agree. If Miley goes through with this, I'd see it as a mockery of the original that serves primarily to elate herself as a musician/actress.
    If she did a cover of one of his songs (okay, against that too) it wouldn't be as terrifying as a by-the-book redo, because everyone watching it will only be thinking "MJ's was better, and also first."

14. K u r o g a n e Traverse Town Homebody

I think she would be better off writing her own songs rather than trying to get more fans by singing a timeless classic, especially something done by MJ. Is it that hard for these Disney "Stars" to make their own material, or is it that they can't?

I do hope this is just a rumor.

15. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

if she remakes thriller....i'm will destory her.her doing this is like spitting in the face of michael jackson.that's not cool man.NO!

16. ◄Slip► 1st Class Coder

OMG!
    Why her!
    Out of all people not her
    Seriously someone has to run into the studio and kick her ass!
    because she thinking to much of herself to take over the BEST SONG ever in MJ history by a wannabe pop star.

17. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

Exactly what I am thinking. She sees herself clearly differently than how other people see her.

18. Kextia Destiny Islands Resident

What the ****?! No way! Grr... Just another reason to hate that *****. I say we all form an angry mob! This is like a slap in the face to him!

19. ZackX93 Merlin's Housekeeper

That s not funny. She must stop to do music all songs from her are not god and now a Thriller cover oh god.

20. no-reality_allowed ¢ℓαιяνσуαηт ℓσνєкιℓℓ

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS SHIT FUUUUCK WHEN IS IT COMING OUT?

If I was a famous musician I'd cover a Michael Jackson song too, and then release for free on the Internets cause I love you guys :D

btw, while we're on the subject of covers here's another :3