Moana

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by . : tale_wind, Aug 8, 2016.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

[​IMG]

Moana is the 56th film in the Disney Animated Canon, and the first film to feature a Polynesian Disney Princess.

The titular character Moana is daughter to the chief of Motunui Island and a born navigator with a special connection to the ocean. In an attempt to prove herself, she sets out with the demigod Maui in order to find a legendary island. The cast features:

• Auli'i Cravalho as Moana
    • Dwayne Johnson (Fast Five, Ballers) as Maui
    • Temuera Morrison (Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, Once Were Warriors) as Chief Tui
    • Nicole Scherzinger (Men in Black 3, Cats) as Sina
    • Rachel House (Whale Rider, Hunt for the Wilderpeople) as Gramma Tala
    • Jemaine Clement (Flight of the Conchords, What We Do in the Shadows) as Tamatoa
    • Alan Tudyk (Firefly, Wreck-It Ralph) as Hei Hei
    • Phillipa Soo (Hamilton, Smash) as a villager
    John Musker and Ron Clements will direct the film, having previously directed The Little Mermaid, Treasure Planet, and other traditionally-animated Disney films. The screenplay was written by Musker and Clements along with Taika Waititi and Pamela Ribon. The film's music will be composed by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Opetaia Foa'i, and Mark Mancina.

The film will release on November 23, 2016.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  2. Spunk Ransom you're already perfect

I am super excited for this film. I love that the Rock is voicing Maui, after seeing the character design I think he is really fitting. Moana is just stunning and that scene when she is a baby makes my heart melt.

I didn't know the guys behind this worked on the Little Mermaid and Treausre Planet, that only makes me more excited!

I hope there are many good songs from this movie. Singing to Disney songs is amazing.