Modern rappers you like

Discussion in 'Music' started by SushiKey, Dec 20, 2017.

1. SushiKey Destiny Islands Resident

Hip-hop has been a thing for quite a while now, but I was wondering what are some modern rappers you like? I mean, we have a lot of pretty good ones nowadays. List whatever you want, whether it's what you think is a genius rapper, or a guilty pleasure. A reason would be good too, but you don't have to.

For me:
    • Post Malone - I know he shows a lot of tropes of modern hip-hop (and that get tiring sometimes), but something about him really calls to me. I guess it might be that it's kind of electronic-influenced, but not enough bass to make you go deaf from all the vibration. Plus I kind of like typical modern hip-hop every now and then.
    • Childish Gambino - The rap name of actor Donald Glover, Gambino has many varieties of influences, including funk, classic hip-hop, and even the goofiness of artists like Tyler, The Creator (which is kind of what some of "Because The Internet" reminded me of). He's really well known now because of the song "Redbone", which has become sort of a meme now, but he's definitely a favorite of mine.
    • Kendrick Lamar - You all know who he is. I'm not gonna explain him.
    How about you?

2. Fearless A good and beautiful child

More of a pop person myself, but I do enjoy some good hip hop from time to time.

~ If he counts, Lin-Manuel Miranda. The man literally built an amazing broadway show based around rapping and hip hop, and he's an amazing actor and singer to boot. Love him.

~ Agreeing about Kendrick Lamar.

~ Todrick Hall. Love his newest album.

~ I unashamedly have a deep love for Macklemore.

3. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Hopsin's a pretty cool guy.