Money Help.

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Unmei Riku, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Unmei Riku Merlin's Housekeeper

So im 14 years old and im trying to make money because im getting tired of begging my parents for things i want.
    Our family is kind of in a money slump right now so we mostly can't get what we want. Me and my sisters want to start making our own money so we don't have to ask our parents and help them save there money by not spending it the things we want.[/
    I could also start saving for college bacause ,as my parents say, the only thing i can rely on for school are scholarships. So it wouldn't hurt to save some extra money for my education.

"What i want to know is "How can i make money fast, being my age?"

2. raceing227 Destiny Islands Resident

Start by delivering newspapers. I do that and I'm 11. ^^

3. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

MOVED to Help with Life.

Asking the forum won't help much. Finding a job is something that you have to do by yourself. I'd suggest getting your local newspaper and look in the job ads.
    And just letting you know now, you're going to have to decide between a job that pays decent, or a job that you like. More often than not you're going to end up doing a job you don't like that much (like me).
    I'm also going to tell you not to get your hopes up too much, because most places that pay more than minimum wage don't hire people under sixteen. Also remember that the job market is kind of crashing in America right now, so you may not even get a job.
    Good luck, though.

4. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Drug-dealing is fast, but of course illegal so not the best idea.
    Newspaper delivery is a good idea, and they take in various ages, so consider it.
    I actually clean vans on a saturday morning and only get minimum wage for it, but money builds up over time and apart from birthdays and christmas, i've been able to buy everything i've wanted to without depending on my parents for the last year.

I agree with Wolf, don't ask us, start looking for a job in your local area. Ask your parents to keep an eye out, make them ask their friends if they know of any jobs. It's all about the communication.

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

And it's not as easy as you think either. Trust me. I don't recommend it.

Pretty much what everyone said, keep an eye out. I'm not entirely sure, but I know some states prohibit kids under 16 from working past a certain hour (Here it was 8 p.m.) due to child labor laws. I'd look around your neighborhood first of all. Start looking for the normal kid jobs, babysitting, newspaper routes, lawnmowing (depending on where you live, it's the weather for it), maybe even help some people clean their houses (if you know them >>). Also, save money. You have 5 bucks and you're in the store? Don't buy candy or things you don't need. Store change in a container, any change you find.

Do cheap fundraisers for yourself if you have the resource for it.
    A friend of mine did a "Cheap Car clean for Change" where he cleaned people's cars for free, but got to keep any change he found. Out of 4 cars, he made 30 bucks in change.

If you can find a job at your age, awesome, if not, just work on saving money.

Saving money is key. Even with a job, if you blow off your money, you're not doing much good. (I speak from experience)

6. Misty gimme kiss

For now, you'll really have to wait for most business to hire you. Technically you can work at 14, but it's incredibly limited until you're 16 or 17, depending on where you live. I know in New York, at 15 I can't work more than three hours a day.

You might be able to swing a small job, like newspaper delivery, or even if you know someone who owns a business. They'll often get someone in to do filing. It's pretty easy and they tend to pay you okay, but it's not always a consistent thing.

Do you have any skills? I'm okay at fixing up people's computers when they're having trouble, so see if anyone needs something like that. Or, if you're great at art, there might be someone who would pay you to draw something for them. Selling your old things on ebay can bring in a lot of money too -- you'd be surprised at how much some of your junk is worth.

A lot of people at this age also tend to be interested in taking online surveys for money, but personally I don't trust those. If you do choose to do that, make sure you find a lot of people that say it works.

7. The Fuk? Dead

You could always be a hooker

Being serious, it can be pretty hard to find a job at your age as far as businesses go. Babysitting, mowing lawns, those things might be more up your alley. Or if you're really good at a certain craft, something that people would like to buy, maybe some sort of easy to make fashion accessory or something, you could always start your own business with that, until you can find a normal job.

8. Unmei Riku Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanks everybody!!! :D
    I've been looking everywhere for suggestions not just here btw, And those are alot of great ideas (well the serious ones lol) so THANK YOU!

9. MandyXRiku4ever Twilight Town Denizen

heres one:

When i was younger than you (13) i started cleaning at a family's office (My uncle's a lawyer) at first all did was vacum. then when i got my permit then i was allowed to do the bathroom and other places.

You can get a learner's permit with permission by your counsler and school and parents. I think your grades have to be good.

Even if you don't get a job try to just study for your grades.

it pays off.