Monsters and Men; The Players

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Magick, May 20, 2017.

1. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

The Monsters

· Rabid dogs, wolves and bears (shouldn't need an explanation)

· Drowners

· Noonwraiths

· Nightwraith

· Ghouls

· Graveyard hags

· Berserkers

· Werewolves

· Basilisks

· Wyverns

· Griffins

· Endrega
    Worker
    Warrior
    Drone

· Sirens

· Vampires

· Leshen

And the men (and women)
    The Witchers
    1. Aaron Risen from the School of the Wolf
    2. Lumen Arkadian from the School of the Griffin
    3. Derrick of Kaedwen from the School of the Wolf
    4. Veceslav Furst from the School of the Wolf

The Humans
    1. Lysander Verric Sebastien Antoinarre

The Sorcerers (and Sorceresses)
    1. Teliana Jereign
    2. Thorvald Mordheim
    3. Enok Anzo

The Floofs Werewolves
    1. Alyse Starborn
    2. Kord

The Elves
    1. Dayla Elendel

The Vampires

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  2. Aelin Best Waifu

Picture : [​IMG]

You were named? Aaron Risen

You have been alive for? 19

You were born as a... Human

You chose to be... Witcher

You were gifted with... Uses all the signs but specializes in Quen

You fear... Small spaces, helplessness, and something happening to his sister while he is gone

You love... Tame animals, exploring, helping people

You may have heard of them.... Veceslav, Derrick

Who will you fight for? Neutral

What is your history? Aaron was the youngest of two. He spent his younger years growing up in the care of his parents in Novigrad. When he was five, his mother passed away of illness, leaving his father to take care of both Aaron and his older sister Tatiana. Aarons father fell into a great depression after his wife’s death and barely managed to provide for his family. Tatiana was the one who would take care of the house, despite her being a child herself.

Three years after their mother’s death, Aaron’s father left the house one day and never came back. It was a quick spiral from there into complete poverty. Aaron had to watch as his older sister found work doing the only thing that anyone would hire her for, she sold her body in order to get enough money to feed the two of them. Aaron was too young to be of any use providing for them, occasionally he would beg in the streets, but that was rare. He would watch as monster hunters called Witchers would come into the city and take jobs. They always seemed well enough off, always seemed to have money, and were always strong. Aaron told his sister about these men, and how he wanted to be one. Eventually she begged a witcher to take Aaron back for training, even offering to pay for it. Over time an agreement was made and Aaron left to train as a witcher. He trained hard after that, always wanting to make his sister proud, show her it was worth his sacrifice, and when he was strong enough he planned to return for her and protect her from any more harm.

What are your weapons of choice? Silver Longsword, Steel Longsword

Who is your puppeteer? Aelin Fireheart

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  3. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

Picture:
    [​IMG]

You were named?: Thorvald Mordheim "The Stormlord"

You have been alive for?: 523 years (are you happy now?)

You were born as a: Mage

You chose to be: Mercenary

You were gifted with: Power over the storms and weather. Specifically, he can cause thunderstorms, and control lightning, mist, wind, and cold.

You fear: Being trapped, A challenge he cannot overcome.

You love: Completing a difficult job, reading books, fighting

You may have heard of them: Who?

Who will you fight for?: Neutral

What is your history?:
    Thorvald never had formal teaching of how to control his powers, and as such they often respond to his emotions. Clouds seem to follow him, it is always overcast, and often raining, when Thorvald is around. When Thorvald is angry, this turns into a raging thunderstorm. While calm, he can control the extent of this, but when his emotions get the better of him anything could happen.
    Thorvald was exiled from his village in the Skellige Isles when he killed his father with a lightning strike in anger. He spent a century or so in the wilderness, training himself in magic and fighting, before getting bored and moving on. Since then Thorvald has done many things with his life. He has spent time as a pirate, a soldier, a member of a druid’s circle, a member of a sorcerer’s organisation, and even a Jarl of a Skellige clan. He grows bored of these quickly however, since they eventually lose the challenge they once held. Therefore he began to work as a mercenary and advertised his capabilities to take on any challenge that dared to approach him

What are your weapons of choice?: Battleaxe, Seaxes (Viking knife things), Shield,

Who is your puppeteer?: Sam (Relatively Sane)

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  4. Aelin Best Waifu

Picture : [​IMG]

You were named? Dayla Elendel

You have been alive for? 356

You were born as a... Elf

You chose to be... Tavern Owner

You were gifted with... Natural born fighter, excellent cook

You fear... Being chased out of the town she calls home, snakes, and her past coming back to bite her in the butt

You love... Making people smile, cooking, and good music

You may have heard of them.... Alyse

Who will you fight for? No one really, may support the Scoia’tael

What is your history? Dayla spent much of her life serving and supporting the Scoia’tael. She knew how to shoot a bow and hunt before she knew how to read. She was seemed to be a natural fighter in her early years, she was more than happy to let her life with the Scoia’tael shape her, for many years. However over time she got sick of violence, of fighting for what seemed to be nothing. It felt like they were moving nowhere even though she often found herself in difficult or dangerous situations in order to further the cause. Finally Dayla gave up and ran away. Many weren’t happy with her leaving, some upset because they were her friends, and some were upset because they feared her selling their secrets. While cities were not her favourite place, Dayla took up home in the city of Novigrad. She opened a tavern in one of the slums of the city, a welcoming place for people who felt as out of place in Novigrad as she did. That was where she decided to remain, soon settling and even hiring help. She traded in her bow and saber for brewing tools and cooking utensils, priding herself in the food and drink she served in her tavern.

What are your weapons of choice? Long bow, Saber

Who is your puppeteer? Aelin Fireheart

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  5. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

You were named? Teliana (Ana) Jereign

You have been alive for? 480 years

You were born as a...A sorceress

You chose to be... An herbalist

You were gifted with...Fire magic. Teliana can manipulate and create fire.

You fear...The dark, and the cold.

You love...The sun, and the sound of water running.

You may have heard of them....Alyse.

Who will you fight for? Neutral.

What is your history? Teliana was born to a maid, centuries ago in a country that no longer has a name. At the age of three she set a soldier's breeches on fire while he was bothering her mother. She was thereafter spirited away by a watching sorcerer to the land of Vizima, and remained there until the age of thirty. Even though she had not yet finished her training, she received a message that her mother was dead and returned to her home land in order to bury the woman who had created her. After that, Teliana traveled the world, determined never to return to the man who had taken her away from her family, or the home that had given her family nothing.

She sold her magical services for coin, and became embroiled in politics on more than one occasion, leading to an assassination attempt and a fling with a witcher. Afterwards, with newly obtained scars and a broken heart, Teliana retired to Novigrad, attempting to forget the horrors of war in the peace of gardening. Through no small feat of chance, she has been recently reunited with a descendant of her mother's family. Teliana allowed Alyse to live with her, for the time being, under her protection.

What are your weapons of choice? Her primary source of power, her hands and magic. Her secondary is a small dagger she keeps on her person.

Who is your puppeteer? Magick

6. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

You were named? Alyse Starborn

You have been alive for? 20 years

You were born as a...Sorceress

You chose to be... Mercenary

You were gifted with...The Curse of Lycanthropy, she can manipulate plants with her magic.

You fear...Change, and being trapped.

You love...Food, and fighting.

You may have heard of them....Teliana and Dayla.

Who will you fight for? Redania, if it comes down to it.

What is your history? Alyse was born the daughter of a blacksmith. She became comfortable about sharp objects at an early age, and displayed a prowess for her father's work. In spite of this, because of her gender she wasn't allowed to work with the other apprentices, and was banned to the house. Her mother would notice that plants often grew faster around Alyse, and parasites didn't infect their garden. The strongest indicator of Alyse's magical ability came when she refused to do her father's bidding, and several plants grew long enough to wrap themselves around her and keep her stationed in the garden. Despite this, Alyse's mother didn't want to give up her only daughter to the sorcerers that would keep her away the rest of her life, and forced her daughter hide the magical abilities that could have elevated Alyse's status.

This act of selfishness was repaid by a stranger, one night. A werewolf who had waited too long to fulfill his need for the hunt, who had begged shelter underneath their roof. He left the entire family for dead, including Alyse, only for them to be found by a passing witcher. Alyse had been saved from being totally mauled by her plants, which had formed a protective cocoon. The witcher kept Alyse alive in order to ascertain whether she could be saved from the werewolf curse, and in that time Alyse escaped the witcher into Novigrad. Some form of fate was watching over the girl, because the first person she ran into was cursed as well. Sensing the same form of magic, she hid Alyse until the witcher had passed, and introduced the once magical girl into their community. It was some years later that she met an ancestor of her father, Teliana. The sorceress offered her family a place to stay, ignorant of her curse. Alyse took the offer, because she had no better prospects, for now.

What are your weapons of choice? Alyse carries a mace at her side and a handheld crossbow as a secondary.

Who is your puppeteer? Magick

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  7. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

You guys are so accepted.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  8. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

You were named? Lumen Arkadian

You have been alive for? 20

You were born as a...Human

You chose to be...Witcher

You were gifted with...Uses Quen, Igni and specializes in Aard

You fear...Abandonment, Being helpless, Cats

You love...The moon, music and wolves

You may have heard of them....Never met another witcher in person (least out of the ones in this rp that matters), but I have heard tales of a man named Veceslav

What is your history? Survival of the fittest was something that Lumen was taught at an early age due to his parents abandoning him on the streets and effectively making his life a living hell for the early years. Days went by and each one was a struggle to survive, but Lumen had too much tenacity to simply die here and fortunately for him, it was the same tenacity that had caught the attention of a witcher from the School of the Griffin.

Whether it was fortunate or unfortunate that Lumen was found by and later trained to be a witcher by a witcher depends on who you ask, but he'll always see it as something fortunate. having someone free him from his life of abandonment and giving him a home of sorts was what he was more concerned with. The years of training was hard, but compared to what he had been through before, it wasn't anything that he couldn't handle.

Time had passed and all this had taken a turn for the worse. Shortly after his training was finished he had received word that his mentor, the witcher who had practically raised him, had been killed. The new wasn't what the surprise was for in this line of duty, death was a common thing to those who were careful, but the circumstances around it. A lot of things didn't make senses to him and no one seemed to have any answers. In fact they all just played it off like nothing had happened.

What are your weapons of choice? Steel Shortsword, Silver Longsword

Who is your puppeteer? The one, the only, Moksha

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  9. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

Picture:
    [​IMG]

You were named?: Lysander Verric Sebastien Antoinarre

You have been alive for?: 22 years (are you happy now?)

You were born as a: Human

You chose to be: A Bard

You were gifted with: The most handsome face in all of the Northern Kingdoms

You fear: Responsibility, Fire

You love: Literature, Parties, Wine

You may have heard of them: Derrick is a friend, Lysander has heard about everyone who’s had any influence in the world, such as Thorvald and Teliana.

Who will you fight for?: Neutral

What is your history?: Lysander was born to the powerful Antoinarre family in Toussaint.. He was taught extensively in musical arts, literature, and painting, but he never used his talents for anything useful. Lysander instead spent most of his life lounging around, drinking wines, reading books, and having his choice of women (and men). Life was luxurious, and boring. Until one day, when Lysander was 19 years old, his family’s manor was burned down by their enemies, who took over the Antoinarre estates. With nowhere left to go and people who wanted him dead occupying his homeland, Lysander ran as far away as he could.
    A few days after this, Lysander was thirsty, cold and starving, trudging through the forest aimlessly. Unfortunately for him these issues were exacerbated by the sudden appearance of a basilisk. Before the beast could kill him, the witcher Derrick appeared, having been tracking down the beast for a while.
    Derrick took sympathy with the young noble and kept the young man with him for a while, taking him to the Northern Kingdoms and teaching him more about the wider world, and stumbling across several dangerous scenarios along the way. Lysander soon found a place where his talents with an instrument were enough to earn him coin, and he found that he no longer needed Derrick holding his hand. However, he longed for those days of wandering the world, and soon found himself on the road again, looking for stories wherever he went.

What are your weapons of choice?: His wit, and when that doesn’t work; his rapier.

Who is your puppeteer?: It’s me again, Sam.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  10. al215 Kingdom Keeper

None of you reading this post understand how much effort this took to happen. Stupid DNS server nonsense...

[​IMG]

You were named? Derrick of Kaedwen

You have been alive for? 37 years

You were born as a... Human, but I became a Witcher.

You chose to be... A Witcher, but it wasn’t exactly a choice.

You were gifted with... The five signs a Witcher learns and the swordsmanship practiced by my kind. I’m a veritable master with Axii. I can also create the potions that we’re expected to make as Witchers, but I’m less reliant on them, despite being reminded constantly that we developed them for a reason.

You fear... Being alone for long periods of time and losing the few friends I have. The other Witchers are like my new family. I think losing them would be too much.

You love... “Adult activities”. You know what I mean. On a totally different note, I like the outdoors and the sky at night.

You may have heard of them... I know Veceslav well enough, he was my teacher. I know Aaron and Lumen, they’re fellow Witchers at Kaer Morhen. I also know a bard named Lysander who I've struck up a friendship with after saving him from a Basilisk and helping him along the road a little.

Who will you fight for? Witchers remain neutral, and so do I. We go where the money is.

What is your history? I was born in Kaedwen before the whole annexation by Redania thing happened. I had two other brothers and I was the youngest. Food was scarce in our village due to a few years of bad harvests. We all struggled on the brink of starvation and then the monster attacks started. Something occupied one of our fields and the adults couldn’t get in there to farm. I now know that it was a Noonwraith from the Witcher the village hired. When one came riding through town, my parents hired them. But they didn’t pay conventionally. The Law of Surprise was invoked. But there wasn’t a surprise. Not for my father. It just so happened that mother told me to go outside for a while when the Witcher was about to return for his pay. As soon as father got back with him, I was what he saw. Now I’m older, I know they set me up to be sent away.

I was taken to Kaer Morhen where I trained as a Witcher. I’d know a few throughout my time, some of them are still around. My old teacher Veceslav is still around, and even now that I’ve gone through the Trial of the Grasses I’m still learning things from his years of experience. The others I’ve just trained with. I’ve been a full Witcher for just short of twenty years now, and I’m still alive. I’ve hunted spirits and monsters of many kinds. I hope to keep doing so.

What are your weapons of choice? A steel sword for humans, a silver for monsters.

Who is your puppeteer? Some British guy. al215 is his name I think?

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  11. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

You guys are accepted, especially Al because he put a term of measurement on his age lmao.

12. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

You were named? Kord

You have been alive for?
    25 years.

You were born as a...
    Human.

You chose to be...
    A hunter.

You were gifted with...
    The Curse of Lycanthropy

You fear...
    Having a meaningless death and heights.

You love...
    Hunting and eating what I hunt.

You may have heard of them....
    Alyse.

Who will you fight for?
    My kind.

What is your history?
    The only reason I know I was born human was due to the fact my father told me I had human parents. They were killed and I was turned before I had any memories of a human life. Being raised as an Ulfhedinn, Skellige's word for the werewolves belonging to the region, was a little less interesting than one would expect. I learned to fend for myself and hunt for my own food long before anyone would have any reason to call me a man. My adopted family was all I ever knew and we kept to ourselves lest we incur the wrath of the Witchers and face a bloody conflict the humans that would leave more of my people dead than they were willing to allow.

Years went by and, despite the harsh weather and the battles with the humans attempting to spread into our territory, life was comfortable. I was comfortable. But that wasn't enough. I was not satisfied just being a part of a pack. I wanted something greater than that. I needed more. I set out in search for more of my kind seeking to make something I could call my own. Novigrad became my first stop where I gathered what information I could on werewolves who had not yet found their place amongst their own kind. Lone wolves die fast.

What are your weapons of choice?
    A hatchet and a hunting bow.

Who is your puppeteer?
    Arch

[​IMG]

You were named? Enok Anzo

You have been alive for?
    130 years and the spirit residing inside me is eternal

You were born as a...
    Sorcerer

You chose to be...
    I never chose this.

You were gifted with...
    Necromancy. The ability to see spirits, summon them, exorcise them, and bind spirits to my own body. Summoning takes time and preparation and the spirits are not always cooperative, stronger spirits may even rebel against me upon being called onto this plane. I cannot exorcise spirits with the wave of a hand but my knowledge of exorcism rituals are more robust than any witcher or common mage. Binding spirits is an imprecise art and it would not be something I would be willing to try again. The more of them there are, the less of me is left. Being bonded with the Hym has given me insight into the evil deeds of others and durability beyond most mortal creatures.

You fear...
    The nightmares. Nothing else phases me anymore.

You love...
    Silence and sleep. I'll take 'em whenever I can.

You may have heard of them....
    Names aren't important to me.

Who will you fight for?
    The dead and the wronged.

What is your history?
    A Hym is a spirit that preys on the wicked. It possesses and drives people to madness and eventually to death but when it came to me all I felt was its bloodthirst. Perhaps it was the magic in my blood that caused the creation of a symbiotic bond between myself and the Hym or perhaps it was the magic I had been exposed to by my parents but one way or the other, the Hym could not kill me. Instead, fueled by newfound rage that it had been tethered to a being of flesh and blood it used me as its weapon to snuff out those it deemed fit for death by its--my hands. My parents, being mages who practiced unholy magic, were the first of many who would stain my blade with blood.

Life since being bonded with the Hym had been a blur. I was pulled from town to town hunting by instinct and often left before the locals ever heard my name. Though time made me strong enough to control my own body resisting the Hym only brought pain and nightmares of death. The faces of the murdered burned into my mind as if it had been done by my hand and the only way to make them stop and acheive any sense of solace was to avenge them. I would have likely followed in my parents' footsteps had I not been forced onto another path. Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise for my magical prowess had been nearly nonexistent. Or, perhaps one day the Hym will overwhelm the magic binding it and claim me. It matters not to me. I know my purpose.

What are your weapons of choice?
    A steel greatsword and the Hym's magic.

Who is your puppeteer?
    Arch

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  13. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

You're accepted and free to post as you please.

14. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

You were named?
    Veceslav Furst

You have been alive for? 124 years

You were born as a...Human

You chose to be...Witcher

You were gifted with the signs of the witcher, their alchemical knowledge and their swordsmanship, though I specialise in alchemy and swordsmanship.

You fear... Meeting my end and leaving his students without proper guidance and Witcher secrets ending up in the wrong hands.

You love... the Path, eventhough it has been long and hard to walk at times it has been good. I also love a good strong drink.

You may have heard of them... Derrick of Kaedwen, Aaron Risen, Lumen Arkadian as they are all Witchers

What is your history?

At the age of 6 I was taken to Kaer Morhen to train as a Witcher, I trained hard so I could make my father proud, it seems an aweful long time ago now.
    I nearly didn't make it through the trial of the grasses, but pulled through in the end becoming a full fledged witcher.
    After recovering from the trial I set out onto the Path my first contract taking down a few pesky drowners that were bothering a village in the Pontar delta.
    It went well and even if the pay wasn't anything to write home about it was the first step on the path and from there I continued to make quite a name for myself gaining the nickname the Crow for my long black hair
    and generally darker coloured outfits.

Throughout my years years I have watched my new family of witchers fall away, but also grow with new members, like Derrick and Aaron. I took Derrick in myself as a result of the same law
    of surprise that lay at the start of my journey and trained him, putting him through the proces that would change him into a witcher, something that was hated by many until they needed one.
    I had become the eldest of our little family and had become responsible for training the new members even as cases like that were fewer and further between.

What are your weapons of choice? Steel longsword and Silver longsword

Who is your puppeteer? Vladek515

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  15. Frosch Traverse Town Homebody

[​IMG]

You were named?
    Evander

You have been alive for? 620 years.

You were born as a… A sorcerer.

You chose to be… A teacher, and a force for good. Now I am but a drunkard.

You were gifted with… Earth magic. Rock and stone bend to my will. Sand and soil dance before me. I imbue earthen golems with life for a short time.

You fear… Getting close to people, and being honest with myself.

You love… Snowdrops, teaching people the wonders of magic, and kittens.

You may have heard of them… But I don’t remember their names...

Who will you fight for? I haven’t found something to fight for in a long time.

What is your history? I was born to parents of human and humble origins. I was told I had talent, and was helped to nurture it. I became powerful, and I used that power for good. I kept my parents comfortable for the remainder of their short human lives.
    I discovered new aspects of magic, and I shared them with others. Some came to me for instruction, others for advice, so I became a teacher, and sat on the councils of mortals and more-than-mortals alike.
    I built a school of learning and was it’s Grandmaster. I fell in love with a human. We knew I would long outlive her, but even as she aged and became frail, I loved here more than ever. We adopted three children, and raised them as best we could. She should have lived and died peacefully.

But one day, while I was far away, enemies that I did not know I had came and destroyed it all. They destroyed my school, and decorated its ruins with her mangle corpse.
    I killed the perpetrators. And their families, their friends. I think that was a mistake.

What are your weapons of choice? A sword for the common dangers of the land, and my powers.

Who is your puppeteer? Frosch (or is he the puppet? D: ).