Monsters and Men; The Remake

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Magick, May 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Witchers were used to frosty receptions, having people regard him coldly or suspiciously was nothing new but this situation was downright bizarre. He could understand Miss Bartender getting uppity because he called her on being so heavily armed, and he didn't for a second believe that it was really about protecting herself. Of course she could use all that for protection, but most people didn't have a bow stocked with arrows unless they were a hunter, not the blades she wore. And no normal person played with knives the way she was.
    "Little old? Short you may be but old I'd never have guessed." He attempted to inject some light humour, but suspected that the attempt would fall on deaf ears. It was hardly great wit. And then there was Teli.

Teli, like all sorceresses was an enigma, but the way she looked at him he found downright contradictory. Today he'd seen her be warm and inviting, as if she were inviting old friends into her home and not complete strangers. Now though, there was an almost forced distance. Today she had engaged him in conversation eagerly but now all she could do was murmur at him while looking into the distance. Odd. The arrival of Lumen and the guy who tried to convince them all to sail a boat into a raiding fleet distracted him.

"Even if someone else did hear our plans, I have a feeling that they wouldn't want to get involved. Anything involving Witchers tends to scare people off." Derrick replied offhandedly. Not to mention the two sorceresses with us. With their presence, his medallion was vibrating constantly and it was downright impossible to piece together whether he was normal. He definitely wasn't the wet werewolf he'd spotted throw itself into the sea for reasons unknown. Guess it really, really wanted a bite of sea serpent.

2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As they waited for the other witcher, instead the man who had been staying at her tavern the past couple nights had shown up. "Good thing that most people are too drunk to listen in to conversations most of the time." She commented back, sheathing her knife and crossing her arms, standing up straight. She wasn't fond of the reception that she was getting for being there offering to help with a mission that she had no reason to even be a part of, except that she felt like helping a friend. She would have thought at least the witcher would be a little more grateful that she was helping him rescue his teacher, but she supposed she couldn't please everyone.

The idiot of a witcher kept talking digging himself into a bigger hole with her, each word she spoke. She was nearly ready to turn around and walk right back in the tavern.
    "It is a blessing of the elves. I am sure you wouldn't be able to begin to guess my real age." She let the height thing slide because she had a feeling he would be defensive calling it a joke, however good jokes were usually built on truths, and standing at 5 foot 11, Dayla wouldn't be considered short by any means.

Finally the last Witcher arrived, they could be done with this stupid conversation then.
    "Great the gangs all here. Lets get moving before the cold stiffens our joints too much to do this stealthily." She was already flexing her fingers and rotating her shoulders, keeping the blood flow strong with this cold weather. They were breaking someone out of prison, it was better to not risk making mistakes because of the cold.

3. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    "Says the man carrying around a greatsword." Teliana responded to Enok with a raised eyebrow, not even bothering to force a smile when Lumen appeared as well. It seemed they were all here, then. Might as well step forward onto their path, wherever it would lead them. "If we're all ready, then let us be off and done with this, before the guard turns truly desperate." If they hadn't already. Teliana moved her hands along her belt to make sure her pouch of herbs was there, whatever good they might do, before turning and walking back down the alleyway. In all honesty, she didn't foresee a grand way to keep them all from being spotted. But the guard could hardly do anything against a few couples going for a midnight stroll. And groups that left bars and taverns tended to stick together. Hopefully the sight of women would be enough to dissuade them, if the witchers could keep their eyes averted.

"I'll be honest with you all, my plan is the barest of any kind of idea. Some of us will work to distract those on duty while the others will search for and rescue the witcher. I plan on going with the latter group, in order to signal the former party when we have completed our task, so we may all escape in a timely fashion." She had hoped Alyse would go with the second group, but there would be no forcing the girl. "You all may go where you please, I will not attempt to order any of you around. I only ask that at least Derrick comes with me, given that you know the captured man and he may be more receptive to a rescue attempt from a familiar face." Or he might just kill me anyway. She could never tell.

[​IMG]
    Alyse rolled her eyes at Enok, stared a little harder at Lumen, and then sighed, her breath fogging in the air as Dayla continued to talk to the witcher. She had hoped her friend would have the good sense to ignore the man, but her hopes and dreams had done little to get anywhere before. Making sure her hood was pulled up to mask her face, she followed after Teliana, the cloak billowing out behind her. Cold didn't bother her like it did her older sister, though it still touched upon her like any other being made of flesh. Had she her furrier shape, it would have been an even better fit for the weather. But then her blood lust wouldn't be as controlled as it was now.

Teliana began to speak as they moved, but Alyse instead chose to focus on their surroundings, on possible witnesses. If any of them were identified, they wouldn't be able to move around town. Most of them would end up leaving, though she wasn't sure she minded that idea in conjunction with the witchers. She certainly didn't like that they were splitting up, but she couldn't see a better way to do this. If they all charged in as one, they would end up splitting up anyway just to search for the cells. And while Teliana moved confidently, Alyse had never been here before. She would be little help other than as a defender. Focusing back in on the people around her, she waited to see where everyone would go. That would dictate both what she did next, and how well this would work.

4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    So with no real plan and a rag tag group of people, they were going to save a man who wouldn't be afraid to put down half of them if they were seen a threat. Dayla never held much faith for wtichers, they were supposed to be monster hunters, but she didn't put it passed them to turn against anyone that they believed to be "monsters." Either way Dayla was not entering that prison to get him out. She would still help but she wasn't going to get that close to the action.

"Unless you want to get caught, I will not be part of either group. I will go ahead and provide cover fire from the roof tops. Listen for a bird call, if you hear that, then more guards are coming towards the distraction team. For those going in, I can't promise I can keep an eye on you. I will do my best though, and kill only those I have to, I would rather not be marked a murderer on top of assisting a prison break." Dayla warned as she checked her bow one last time before assuring everything was secured as they walked.

After a short distance Dayla silently peeled off into an alley way where she then proceeded to scale a building. Her skills seemed somewhat practiced as she made quick work of getting to the roof, pulling out her bow once there. Her foot steps were light as she crouched and walked around looking for the best place that she could hide when needed and still use her bow. As she scouted out the roof she gave a thumbs up to the team below. She was set enough that they could continue forward and she had their backs.

[​IMG]
    The man they were fighting was never going to help them, Aaron knew that already, he wanted to sell Aaron off after all and clearly wasn't a fan of Witchers. "Come on. He won't help us, lets just get moving before it is too late. Chains off or not, only so much I can do without my silver sword. It works the best against monsters and fiends but unfortunately my weapons were taken from me on the ship. Our best bet and to get out of the forest and avoid as many fights as we can until I can purchase more weapons." Aaron warned knowing with next to no money on hand he likely wouldn't be purchasing anything any time soon. Perhaps he could pick up an iron sword from a bandit camp or something and use that until he made a little money, but he wasn't going to make an effective witcher until he managed to get another silver sword. If they could get back to Novigrad then maybe Derrick would still be around, perhaps he would help without having to tell Vec, but for now getting out of the forest was of greater priority.

5. CrownMoksha Decimo

It was quite the group that he'd found himself working with for the time being. Nothing that would change his mind regarding his decision to help them out in their endeavor, an act like that would look extremely poorly on him as well as his resolve. However the fact that his medallion was vibrating as much as it currently was would be something Lumen would have to get accustomed to.

When the tavern owner said she would take the to rooftop in order to provide an overwatch of sorts, Lumen considered which path he should take. Ideally if the prison break could be done stealthy, it would good. Lumen wasn't the best when it came to circumstances like that. Not that he couldn't, but luck would always be against him and bite him in the rear. "I suppose I'll be the first to volunteer for the distraction group."

6. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Enok's eyes followed the elf woman in the direction she ran off to. "I'll knock out any guards on patrol in the area. In case things do go south you won't need to worry about being surrounded too quickly." Without waiting for any sort of response he ducked behind an alleyway with no intention of keeping to his word. Enok rounded one corner and then another and soon he was on track to following after the elf woman, going in a full sprint to make up for lost ground.

[​IMG]

Kord nodded in agreement. "Guess you're right. I don't want to be stuck here any longer than you do." He looked around the unfamiliar territory and, unfortunately for him, no amount of werewolf instincts were going to help him pick a direction to head in. Maybe if he had been more familiar with the area it might have helped but as far as he knew this was some kind of random forest. "So where to, mighty witcher?" Kord half-joked.

7. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Teliana nodded in reply to Dayla, somewhat relieved that there was another person she could trust at their back. Alyse melted away to take Lumen towards the entrance, though Teliana worried at what exactly she might have planned. Too soon after, the strange man disappeared, and Teliana had to rub her temples in an attempt to avoid giving herself another headache. If he decided to provoke Dayla, she could only hope the elf woman would live up to what Alyse had made her sound like. There were two types of women in this world; victims and warriors. Teliana knew which category she fell into, and she could count Alyse as among the same. It would be interesting to see whether the elf was worth being placed among their tier. Teliana hoped it wouldn't come to that.

Forging onward, she ducked towards a conveniently placed side door. Knocking quietly, Teliana waited for a moment before pressing her fingers to the wood, and letting the fire course under her skin and into the blockade. The door ignited with little resistance, though it created a beacon Teliana would have rather avoided. Gritting her teeth, she pushed through as soon as was possible, without also burning away her clothes. Brushing a few stray embers from her cloak, she swept inward, listening for any signal that Alyse had failed and she would be overwhelmed. Thus far, none was forthcoming. Her footsteps quick and quiet, Teliana made her way into the deepest cells, where they kept the most dangerous of criminals. If a witcher didn't fit that category, she didn't know who would. All the cell doors in the furthest hallway were open, indicating no one was inside. But there was a second wooden door, shut and barred. Interesting. Teliana played the same trick, though this door was reinforced with some steel and required a much hotter fire to burn. Actually, blasting might have been a more politically correct term, as the barrier buckled inward and flew across the room, slamming into the wall. Teliana stepped through, fire dancing through her fingers as she surveyed the captive audience in front of her. Well, two people was hardly an audience.

"We won't be needing your services any longer." She smiled coldly, before pointing towards the torturer, hoping the witcher would get the right idea as she let the sparks literally fly.

[​IMG]
    Alyse glared at Teliana before easing away, taking Lumen by the arm with a grimace. It was probably a bad move on her part, but she didn't want to make any noise until she had to. She might have been worried about Dayla, had she not been confident the elf could handle herself. Like Teliana, Dayla was hundreds of years old. She had unshakeable confidence in her friend that no matter what, she would have their back. "I'm going to pretend I'm bringing you in." Aylse told Lumen once they were out of earshot. "I'm not really asking for your permission. You can go with it, or try to bring me in. I dare you." Glancing around, Alyse reminded herself to let go of Lumen's arm. She stopped just shy of the guards at the gate and turned to him. "So what's it going to be?"

Mister Bob
    It was really not his night. He had been called out of a warm bed and a mug of ale to do late night work, on the guard's special resident once more. If the man hadn't broken by now, it was likely he wouldn't. He was a witcher, well equipped to resist the vices of pain and all that it told the body to do. But still, he did as he was told, accepted the money, and kept his mouth shut. The coins would make for a nice supper, anyhow. But then the door to his room was blasted in, and it didn't get much better from there. A strange woman with fire in her eyes and on her hands strode into the room as if she was comfortable there, and then she turned her gaze on him. Bob might have shuddered from fear at the magic that surrounded her, but he didn't have time as she threw fire towards him. Bob was not a young man, but he still managed to throw himself out of the way, his shirt the only casualty as the lower half burned. He rolled on the stone floor, putting it out just as the woman moved to free the witcher. He knew he had no chance against the pair of them, and in the split second of fight or flight, he threw himself down on his knees and begged, "Please, I had no choice! Let me live, and I swear I will spend the rest of my life repaying the debt!"

The Sisterhood
    Out of the forest stepped eight cloaked figures. Varying in height and weaponry, they moved silently towards Kord and Aaron before stopping a small distance. "Will they do?" The one furthest on the left asked, her voice deep and powerful. "Yes." Said the two in the middle, their voices mirroring. Without warning, Deep Voice darted forward, swinging a double headed axe, while another on the far right pulled out two short knives and jumped forward, closing the distance between them fast.

The Witch Hunters
    A short bearded man, similar in stature to a dwarf, poked around the outside of the inn. Owned by a non-human, frequented by more non-humans, it was as good a place to look as any. The man thumped his fist against the door, rattling the wooden barricade with his armored fist. "Open in the name of the King!" He shouted, following his statement with another banging of his fist. He had declared his work to be that of their sovereign, and by that right he could break down the door if there was no reply. How perfect that because of the time of night, there were no onlookers. With the witcher captured by the guard, they couldn't afford any more troubling rumors on any of their coalition's actions. Better to eradicate the vermin inside quickly and quietly. He looked back at the contigent of five men, waiting on his signal to charge the dangers inside. Hopefully their training would be enough to save all of them from the Devil's work.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  8. Frosch Traverse Town Homebody

[​IMG]

The sound of wood being battered awoke Evander. "Mmmmmmm..." he groaned in protest, adjusting the position of his head on the slightly too-hard pillow. More banging outside. "MMMMMMmm..." he counter-argued eloquently. And yet, the noise continued.

Evander opened his eyes, then immediately shut them tight, rubbing a fist against them hard. "F*ck off," he growled. The culprits responsible for the noise did not f*ck off. Evander considered his position. One, he had been rudely awakened. Two, his pillow was exceptionally uncomfortable, and he knew it would keep him from falling asleep again for ages. Three, and most importantly, Evander was beginning to become sober. How this had happened, he had no idea, but it was a bad state of affairs to be in.
    Evander was angry. His mind furtively searched for something near at hand to vent his anger upon. Perhaps this god-awful pillow, or that small chair in the corner, or… or the bastards making all the racket right outside. Yes, the bastards. He would show them…
    Only half-aware of his surroundings, Evander stumbled to the window, struggled with the latch for a few moments, and then swung it open wrathfully. His glare fell upon the short man and his five sidekicks at the door. Evander took a deep breath, and bellowed.

“YOU BLOODY, GORMLESS, BESCUMBERED GOBSHITE’S! IT’S F*CKING NIGHT TIME! I’M TRYING TO SLEEP, FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!”
    He paused, considered the conversation so far, and then added, just to make sure they understood the message, “F*CK OFF!”.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Finding a good spot on the roof tops Dayla stopped and crouched taking mostly cover and putting her hood up. From there she kept an eye on the streets, she wouldn't shoot unless given a signal or unless someone was in trouble. Her ears twitched at the sound of someone from behind. For the time being she couldn't see anyone but she was keeping half an eye on her surrounding behind her and doing her best to focus on the task she had taken at the same time. She was glad for her good hearing, it made the job a little easier, still she was used to going into these kinds of things with a lot more back up, this would be interesting.

[​IMG]
    Of course there was more threats and when someone asked if they would do, Aaron got nervous. He was still chained and without weapons, meaning trying to defend himself would be difficult. Still if he could get even one weapon. The people started to launch their attacks. Thanks to axes being one of the slower weapons to wield, Aaron managed to jump out of the way of the one swinging at him before he turned towards the knives that were coming and used the chains to deflect one, hoping to wrap it around and dislodge it from the persons grasp. If he could get their weapons away from them, at least he would have something to use. If not then this battle would be difficult. With eight of these woman it was already looking grim, but Aaron refused to go down without a fight. He was stronger than that, he could do this, he would get out and back to his sister. He wasn't going to die here if he could help it.

10. CrownMoksha Decimo

Lumen had no say in whether or not he wanted to be dragged away by Alyse, thus by the time he could object, she had already done so. The guards had just come into view when Lumen felt his arm being released. The young witcher glanced at her, then the guard, then once again her pondering her words. Judging from her standard disposition, trying to take her in could very well be the more convincing way to go about it, which the likelihood he would have to genuinely put in some effort. The safer route however would be to take him in. "Seeing as I don't have much of a choice." Lumen held out his arms towards Alyse, hid wrists touching one another. "Lead the way."

11. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

That miserable coward had paid him another visit he had fought hard again to not give him the satisfaction of his screams. It was the second visit in a single night for the vile sadist. The man better pray that Veceslav did not get free within his reach. However Veceslav was hearing unusual sounds from the building. Hearing doors blasted in. He heard his torturer groveling to whoever was in the hallway. "Wait just a moment. I got some beef with that good sir myself." Veceslav said as he kept his head down as far as his bonds allowed him to go. "I'm grateful for the rescue but what in Melitele's name possesed you to break into the prison to get me out?" the man said, his muscular torso with fresh wounds on it obviously alluding to torture. He couldn't wait to get his padded armour on again to ward of the blasted cold. And he hoped that he would run into the good lieutenant from earlier cause he had a very nice surprise for the man too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.