Moonrise Kingdom

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Britishism, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Moonrise Kingdom is Wes Anderson's newest movie, and is pretty great. It's a perfect example of intelligent film making with actual results. Anyway, it's an exceptional movie from a technical standpoint. I really recommend it. It isn't for everyone, and it has shallow acting performances by children and adults alike, but Wes saved it.

So, has anyone else seen it, and thoughts?

2. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

I started a Wes Anderson thread, asking this same thing (plus some of his other films), but that went nowhere haha.

Well I plan on seeing it, but haven't yet. I love Wes Anderson's creativity and humor though, so I'll probably love Moonrise Kingdom.

"It isn't for everyone." I totally saw that coming, haha. A lot of people I know don't get Wes Anderson's work.

I am very anxious to see it. I've been waiting and waiting and now it's out, yet I haven't had the right time to see it!!
    I'll post again once I finally do, which should be very soon.

3. Xella_XV Merlin's Housekeeper

I want to see it but my work won't be receiving the movie. ='(

If I wanted to see it, I'd have to drive like 30+ miles to get to the next Cinemark theater that has it. I'll wait till it comes out on DVD. I'm not driving and wasting my gas.

4. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

Saw a preview of it might go see it. It looks like it is a good movie