Kingdom Hearts More than a HD remake

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Ienzo, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I am so happy and loving KH1.5 don't get me wrong, I am thankful that they remastered it and brought Final mix outside Japan. However, upon playing it I thought it would be nice to have revamped the cutscenes a bit more- so instead of having so many moments of speech with the model having that dead expression and lip flapping, it would have been nicer for those bits to be revamped and made into fully mouth animated scenes.

Like this if I am actually making no sense xD The second expression changed to the first.
    [​IMG]

There were other things, like have rounded edges not being so pointy, like Wakka's ball.
    [​IMG]

So my question is this, would you rather have had a full remake with nicer graphics seen on the PS3 or are you happily content with keeping it exactly the same as the original game but just made HD? Or are there any other changes you would have liked to see?

2. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I would prefer a full remake. Though I haven't seen the hd in KH1.5 yet, if all they did was make a KH with nicer graphics, then what's the point?

I remember playing KH a while back and when I saw this cut scene I noticed how the faces showed little to no expression. I would be nice to redo these scenes and give a little bit more expression, instead of Sora having a blank face most of the time.

3. Karuta Reborn

A full remake would be nice, but all of the files for KH1 were lost, so they had to develop 1.5 from scratch. I'm expecting 2.5 to really outshine 1.5 because they have access to the old files.

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Scenes where characters have a face like the second pic is one of the reasons I won't be missing the old graphics for KH3. Anyway, back to the main topic, HD 1.5 ReMix was never meant to be a remake, just the old game without any pixelation on HD TVs (plus trophies), so we were bound to have to see characters with those ugly faces again. A remake would be nice, yes, but for now, I just want the focus on KH3 (and 2.5 HD ReMix).

5. Misty gimme kiss

While I'd of course love to have all the KH games in the graphical quality of the recent KH3 trailers, that will never happen and i'm not sure it would be the best way for Square to spend their time anyway. I'd rather they focus on getting new games (like KH3) out instead of backtracking.

6. libregkd -

7. Krowley Moderator

Speaking from some experience, I know that it takes a certain amount of effort to move the models facial muscles to get that expression just right. If they were to revamp all the cutcsenes to this style, we would have had to wait even longer.

In all honesty, I don't mind the ReMix. Like everyone, I was let down on some small things, but the new character models and redone musical score were more than enough for me. The "Lip flapping" method doesn't phase me as much, because they have the appropriate facial expressions in scenes that count. It's like critiquing an anime because only the character's mouths move for an entire scene. (Probably just a boring explanation anyways) If there was lip flapping all the way through, I don't think the game would have had a big an impact as it does on me today, but it's used on scenes that don't require much of an animated reaction, so I''m fine with that.

8. ShibuyaGato Transformation

As much as I'd love to have these scenes changed, it would take Square quite a bit of time -- which would be better spent getting KH3 in our hands anyway. I've probably said this before in a thread, but Re:CoM's awful dubbing irritates me to no end, and the same goes for Days. I'd love it if they would finally get the timing and movements right, but that in itself would take so long that I've accepted it. Since KHII and Birth by Sleep had fewer cut and paste faces, we should see much less of that in 2.5. And as far as 1.5 goes, I don't mind it being the original bumped up to 1080p considering that it's a collection of multiple entries.

9. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Honestly I think everyone would like a full remake than a remaster. But this collection is REMASTER. Not a REMAKE. So you cannot remake cuteness and add animation to faces. There are no remakes of anything in remasters.

Plus only 2 programmers and no animators. The rest of the team were working on KH3.

10. LehasXBlade Merlin's Housekeeper

I think Wakka's ball is a reference to the Blitzball of FFX. The ball wasn't rounded all the way, and I believe is meant to have bumpy/pointy edges. Then again, there were rounded edges within the game that were also pointy.

11. Twero Traverse Town Homebody

Well, play the very first game with the engine from the KH II really make me hyped. I really enjoyed this when I played 1.5.

And I don't know, maybe after the KH III Square can do the fully remake using the III engine.... just to gain some time until they figure out what will be the next KH installment. :V

12. Jin うごかないで

No. Honestly I wouldn't have wanted a full remake of KH 1.5 but I would have wanted I guess more of a challenge with the tournaments in Colosseum there wasn't much of anything I hadn't got myself used to again with the tournaments. Thats the only real complaint I have with 1.5 other than that I want a few changes with 2.5. I wouldn't mind if they actually made Destiny Island a playable world for Sora to visit as end-game content along with that maybe Castle oblivion of course I'm speaking from room mod perspective but those obviously were ripped from cutscene environments and obviously had glitchy area's I would want a fully interactive Destiny Islands because honestly I was disapointed that Destiny Islands has never been playable as a world for a while. The last time we were able to roam about on it in any way was in RE:com I believe that's it but this probably won't happen anyways but it's something I've wanted for a really long time I think ever since I finished KH2 for the first time when I was a kid

13. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Maybe in another ten years when KHIII is here and Square has nothing to do with their time. Of course, if they remake all the cutscenes, then I'll expect the whole game to be audio cutscenes with no text-bubble ones. Then you have to find someone who sounds the same as Haley Joel Osmet did ten years ago or use magic ten-years-in-the-future tech to make Haley Joel Osmet sound 20 years younger. Which, considering Tron: Legacy, totally possible.

14. A Zebra Chaser

There has to be animators, how else did they make the Days Movie?

15. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I agree that it would have been time consuming and I would rather them work on KH3 and it must have taken a while to recreate all the files but it does just sadden me a bit that with all this technology and we still have a lot of lip flapping and text scenes. I don't want every expression to be fully animated because yes, some really don't require it and it would be pointless work (like far off shots and ones of just them listening to another character talk when it's a more casual conversation) but I think with recent technological advances this sort of thing has become easier. Of course, perhaps improving it too much would make it seem like a very different game to the original KH1 when that style should be preserved.

16. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Good question. Probably a 3rd party. Need to look at the inlay or credits. and considering they are in .MP4 format (on the CD) it was already rendered (pre-rendered). So it's not even real-time.

17. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Pixelation is still present. A LOT

18. A Zebra Chaser

nowhere near as bad as if it were on the PS2

19. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

The thing about Kingdom Hearts is that its graphical aesthetic will never age. It will always look good as the times go by because of its art direction aiming towards a cartoon look that truly makes it look like a hybrid of Disney and Final Fantasy. It's to the point KHIII looking so significantly different is cause for a valid debate among its fans.

I'm glad they kept the same art and graphical quality but just made it so it will work on an HDTV without looking stretched.

+1 HD remake.

20. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

I'd say -1 hd remake. Blurry cutscenes look even more horrible on an hd tv. Don't say that they didn't modified them to not change the game too much, they were just lazy. I can't stand horrible low resolution graphics like some days or re:com cutscenes.