Kingdom Hearts More than a HD remake

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Ienzo, Mar 5, 2014.

1. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Lol someone feels entitled.

As for me I have seen Kingdom Hearts in its original state, upscaled, and "HD". I think it all looks fine, I see no reason to complain about any sort of remake because they actually took the time to actually put it all together, which isn't exactly lazy.

2. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Some days and re:com cutscenes are still in the original low resolution, so no, it's not totally hd. See the beginning of Riku vs Roxas to understand what I'm saying. Or watch some re:com cutscenes when the camera isn't zoomed on Sora's face, you can clearly see every single pixel

3. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I'm really not trying to be rude here, I really mean that. But what do you honestly expect out of an HD remake that for one thing, isn't even 60 dollars... Most people would buy a Kingdom Hearts game just for the fact that it is playable on their PS3's. You can easily look up what's in the game and if you don't like it, don't buy it. Nobody is forcing you to. All I was saying, is to 99% of the people who aren't overly critical about every single detail, this kinda stuff is more than good enough.

4. A Zebra Chaser

40 dollars is the accepted price for an HD remake, there's nothing praiseworthy about that
    And being overly critical is vital to us getting quality products

5. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I was trying to be nice, so i'll reword it. There is a difference between being critical and being an asshole

Also to those people not rolling around in cash, 40 dollars compared to 60 is pretty nice.

6. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Because they are MP4 and not real-time so its more of compression issue than anything else.

7. A Zebra Chaser

40 dollars is a nice price, but it's not a special price. Square Enix would be bad for going over it, and good for going under it. Staying at the status quo is neutral

8. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

I'm not being overly critical, just critical about a product that I bought and I don't consider worthy. I am a KH fan too, but that doesn't make me blind, and I don't understand why you are so annoyed. If I took an HD remaster it's because I expected to be 100% HD not some 80% hd the rest old ps2 or even ds graphics.

Other things I should complain are:
    -you use the same button to call your allies and for reaction command. If I want to call my allies but not want to use sonic blade, what should I do?
    -bad lip syncing, this was an issue in the original game too, I hope they'd fixed it

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  9. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

That makes little to no sense. Calling this HD remake similar to DS graphics is just silly. Maybe you sir, are the one who is blind.

10. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Really, watch the beginning of Riku vs Roxas or scenes of the scene where Axel and Roxas are in twilight town then you see the station tower (don't remember exactly which day) and you'll understand what I'm talking about, very low resolution,

11. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

lol DS graphics... really? You must be blind or see in DS resolution. No HD collection is 100% HD. Actually most of them use the same PS2 texture and just upres the resolution. 1.5 actually has larger textures. Doubled. Also Im not lying but there are 5 textures i got from the games files that are 2036X2036. Thats way over HD.

12. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

13. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Like anyone used the triangle button EVER. They dont do anything to help you.
    Lip sync isn't "bad" the devs just used Japanese mouthing and you would need to reanimate.

and lol you listen to kotaku? I never noticed anything like that ever. You must find many thing unenjoyable if some de-resing glitch happens that last for a second and you think it's horrible. You might as well complain about swords clipping through walls. Do you even know what a good or bad port/HD Collection is?

This is DS graphics
    [​IMG]

This is not
    [​IMG]
    Get your facts straight

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  14. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Really

Fake screens, bad graphics in some cutscenes, then you ask that it's "just" a remaster and not a remake, well, if they show that screenshot, then I believe that will be the actual game, right? But no, only fake scenes just to make people buy the game, and you fanboys still defend them. If they showed the REAL graphics, then I wouldn't complain, but....

3:23, notice how graphics got worse

15. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I see what you mean but these are momentary lapses and I can't fully judge the cutscenes without looking at it in game as it could just be recording blurriness. I wouldn't call that a drastic failure though, I don't think it's the best remaster ever it's not a bad one.

On watching the first video, I have to defend the blurred outlines in ReCoM in fast movements simply because they are fast movements, I haven't played that game yet on my PS3 so I will wait and see. I also completely disagree with the "default face" being very pixelated, I use a HDMI cable on a HD tv and found no problems with the faces being pixelated only that they weren't fully animated.

I am not being a fangirl and just defending this game for the sake of it, I do think it could have been a lot better but I am thankful that they redid this game and that we can all enjoy it but I have no problems with the actual HD of it. You obviously don't agree and that is fine :3

16. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I like how you keep referring to us as "fanboys" on a Kingdom Hearts fan site. That's kind of the point.

I'll admit, the HD remaster wasn't the best. But honestly, those one-second slips in quality aren't going to make me stop playing. I bought the game because I like Kingdom Hearts. I have played (and loved) Kingdom Hearts back when it looked like this. Sure, I paid $40 for an HD remaster, but I probably would have paid the same $40 for just the collection.

17. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

I just don't like people who continue to say that it's a very good hd remaster just because it's kingdom heart and nothing can be wrong about it. They showed fake screen, so objectively speaking the game it's bad since it isn't like they said it would be

18. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

LOL

Okay so allow me to preface this by saying, I mean no harm here.

But dude you seem so moist about this, lol. First and foremost, I am not a kh fanboy. I came back to this site because of the people, not as much kingdom hearts. Most of the games I play aren't Kingdom Hearts. The last Kingdom Hearts game that I would fanboy over was KH2 which came out a while ago. I have 1.5 in both English and Japanese and haven't finished either of them. That being said you seem to not understand the fact that people can have opinions and those opinions are all right, because those are their opinions. I really don't appreciate you freaking the fak out at me and others over this. For one thing, you "facts" were downright incorrect. DS resolution is pitiful, ( 256 x 192 ). I'm not trying to do the staff's job here by crowd controlling the situation (because hell, this might be fueling the fire) but I feel as if this needs to be said.

tl;dr

Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't make them wrong. Also learn about your "facts" before you start talking about them.

Stop drinking the haterade

19. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

But there aren't opinions, these are FACTS. The facts are that they showed fake screenshot, that some re:com scenes are a bit blurry, that some days cutscenes become at very low resolution for a second or two. I'm not a KH hater (I really like KH series), I'm just being objective. KH is almost the only game I play, for various reason:
    -I don't play videogames so much
    -I don't like so many games
    -I'm not like some people who can buy 3 games a week
    So I notice all these things and they annoy me

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  20. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

*cough*

And all your credibility just went out the window.

Staff, I apologize for sort of derailing this I bit, I wouldn't have posted the replies that I did if I didn't think they were at least somewhat relevant. That being said, I am done with this convo