Kingdom Hearts More than a HD remake

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Ienzo, Mar 5, 2014.

1. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Lol, I posted some proof that you were wrong and now you are running away, I guess that YOUR credibility went out of the window

2. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

But it is a very good HD remaster! XD that's the thing. It could have turn into the prince of Persia port, splinter cell, tomb raider trilogy or Silent Hill HD collection. and you are saying the collection is so bad because they use a couple texture faces instead of 3D? That everglow guy is just nitpicking at the littlest things that all games have and do. And these FAKE screen in the gaming world are called "bullshots". Its a marketing tactic that EVERY game company uses and you are now just noticing with this HD collection? I have proof about the detail that when into this game that not many people know and it is AMAZING. Also calling us fanboys... dude you are on a Kingdom Hearts forum. You are not going to win.

3. A Zebra Chaser

The only HD Remaster that has done better is FFX
    Apparently you don't play many games, so you have no idea. Most HD Remasters don't even make everything 16:9. KH1.5 goes above and beyond every HD Remaster released at the time, and embellished screenshots don't change that
    No, definitely not. Your argument relied on logical fallacies. Princess bowed out as an act of maturity.

4. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Luxord isn't running, he's simply not feeding the trolls.

And you said yourself that you don't play many video games. You don't know what remasters are out there and how good they have done with the HD. Honestly, while I would like to see KH in next gen graphics, if Square had to redo every single cutscene from the top, the game would end up taking waaay longer to make and cost waaay more. As Miles and hatok said, there are worse HD remasters out there. KH1.5HD is pretty damn good.

In regards to the BS screenshots: Have you ever seen a trailer for a game? EVER? The scenes look like movie-quality CGI and when the game comes out, it never compares.

5. A Zebra Chaser

Er... that's not quite the same. CGI is used when the game isn't stable enough to make a gameplay trailer. It's a proof of concept, not meant to repsent the final game.
    The screenshots thing IS a scummy move on Square's part, they're willfully misrepresenting their game, and they do it a LOT, too. The trailers don't do this, but they modify their screenshots to look better than the real thing.
    It's a bad thing, just not a very big deal, since most people don't even notice it

6. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Its a marketing tactic. You could say the same for betas. For all we know there could have been issues with it and it couldnt be implemented. Like when they showed us 3 command slot with no summon/4th slot.

7. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

I'm just getting sick of it. I don't have many game, but every game I have they show fake screens, fake information, all lies, and every time I end up having a game which is way under what the productors say. The same with kh hd 1.5, they said a thing and did another just to sell more, and it's not marketing, there is no excuses to defend them. For one who has tons of game this may be not important, but for me is. If I pay 40 bucks for a game I want it the way you showed, otherwise I wouldn't take it.

8. A Zebra Chaser

It's dishonest tactic though, and it can case blowback, just look at Watch Dogs, the graphics have been downgraded from the more or less impossible stuff seen in the first trailer, and it caused a lot of people to lose faith in the game

9. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Dishonest or not it's the business way. You gotta role with it or just plan not buy anything. =/

Welcome to the real world. Make this a lesson for you. Don't buy games until the public has played it or you have for yourself. Don't look at betas and unreleased content and expect it to be in retail copies. Especially nitpicky things like a hair strands being off 10 degrees.

and did you realize what you just said?
    THAT'S MARKETING. lol

10. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

I'd call it dishonesty, not marketing

11. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Call it whatever you want. They make the games, they choose how to advertise those said games to us. If you aren't going to do the research and see if its actually "good" in your eyes (which so far appears to be a scientific impossibility at this point) then it is your fault if you don't like them or not / potentially wasted your money. A bit of advise for you though, lighten up. For real. If you would stop being overly critical to the point where you actually seem to show a toxic personality, you would actually enjoy these games more, but you can't enjoy them because you are too busy LOOKING for flaws. Can't enjoy something when that is all you do.

12. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

I don't look for flaws as you said, it's just that, if I buy a game because they said it would have improved graphics and thay showed certain screen, and then the game has good graphics, but not as good as they said, then I'd feel bad

13. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

You're killing me man.

Then it is unfortunately your fault for not doing any actual research on that game. It is generally suggested by quite a few fairly respected people in the gaming community to NEVER pre order, and as I said to do your research on any game before buying it.
    Plus as I said, if a game's graphics are like 80-90% of what you expected and that makes it a bad game to you, then I assure you that lightening up a bit will probably make your gaming experience a tad bit better.

Alas, this is probably even more spam. StaffplsIsry

14. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

I didn't preordered the game, in fact I bought it after like 2-3 months. And I don't understand what do you mean by "research". You are just defending them and their dishonest tactics, I don't want to continue arguing with you, I already knew people like you defending other games which has many flaws and they continue repeat that it was just me that I was looking for flaws

15. Amaury Legendary Hero

You're just sounding like a broken record now.

By research, @Princess ♥ means just that. Look it up online and see what kind of reviews it has, how it's rated on each individual thing, etc.

And once again, it's not dishonesty, it is marketing strategy, and it's used on not only games, but other things as well, and has been going for years and years ever since marketing started.

16. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Do you think I didn't read rewiews? I read lot of rewiews, and everyone said it was a great remaster with greatly enhanced graphics. And it's dishonesty, come on, stop defending them, it's not like you are their lawyer

17. Amaury Legendary Hero

I'm not even going to bother going further. I'll just say that your standards are too high.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  18. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

My standard are too high because they said that the game would be like that. If they'd said the truth my standard wouldn't be too high.

19. Amaury Legendary Hero

It's called marketing strategy. At this point, you're just crying over spilled milk.

Take Phantasy Star Universe, for example. In the beta, there are some images that aren't like the final product, such as weapons we don't have access to, enemies in areas that aren't in those areas in the final product, and De Ragan being a two-headed green dragon instead of a one-headed red dragon like in the final product.

So what, are you gonna say that they lied to us here, too, because things didn't look like the beta?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Explode Who?!

I'll agree that it's messed up that they misrepresented their game in the screenshots, but that fact doesn't make the game inherently bad.

It's objectively not a PERFECT remastering, but it is actually a pretty good one. I have a 50 inch HD screen, and had (before it broke a couple months back) a backwards compatible PS3. I've done back to back comparisons of the games and can confirm that there is a HUGE difference between the quality, especially for Chain of Memories. In the PS2 version, all the cutscenes were outright blurry, had terrible aliasing, and the colors were faded. You could barely make out characters faces from far away. Yes, the HD version still has artifacting and some aliasing, but the image quality is far greater than what it used to be. Even without doing a direct comparison, I felt like I was playing Re:Chain of Memories for the first time, because everything looked so much richer.

I did my own research, and before the game even came out I realized they were being dishonest about the screenshots. Was I disappointed? Absolutely. I was blown away when I saw those screens, and I got angry when I realized it wasn't what the actual game would look like. But I still considered it a worthwhile purchase.

$40 is an excellent price for 2 games that look way better than they used to, have additional content, plus an extra 2 hours of new, fully voiced and animated cutscenes created exclusively for this release. They did not do the impossible and make FMV quality better than what it was originally rendered at, but they went so far beyond what most companies do for a simple HD port.