Kingdom Hearts More than a HD remake

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Ienzo, Mar 5, 2014.

1. A Zebra Chaser

more like three hours of new cutscenes
    and I'm fairly certain the FMVs ARE higher res

2. Explode Who?!

There were about 40 minutes from the original DS game, so I'm not counting those. Unless there's something I'm forgetting.

And they're definitely higher resolution than what was included in the game, but I'm guessing they rendered out the FMVs at higher quality when the game first came out, then compressed it to fit on the disk. I could be wrong, but I don't think they went into their old animation files and re-rendered the CoM cutscenes (except for the first Castle Oblivion cutscene with Sora, where you can see he has his higher resolution glove textures).

3. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

@Dance Water Dance, have you ever seen a movie trailer which looked amazing and funny and had lots of action and witty/great writing? Then you go to the theatre and realize that all the best writing and action scenes were in the trailer and everything else is crap? That's marketing. It's dishonest and pretty scummy, but it's legit marketing. Like having every single toothpaste commercial say "9 out of 10 dentists recommend our brand!" Marketing. They tell you what they think will make you buy the product.

And if you don't want to be lied to about quality, try looking up gameplay videos instead of just reviews. Then you get to see for yourself what the quality is like. For myself, I liked the quality. I looked out on the ocean in Destiny Islands and though "Damn that looks nice." Not kidding, I actually did. If I were to review the game, I would mention that. (I'd probably also mention the guppy-mouth default faces that still bug the crap out of me but...) To me, personally, it's a great port of a great game.

Maybe try focusing on that? Focus on the awesome of the game instead of nitpicking away at a few seconds blip in the graphics every now and then?

4. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

It's different. The scenes are still in the movie, while the screen showed a very high quality and fixed faces instead of those horrible low quality faces. These AREN'T in the game and they make you think they are. You are talking like it's normal for them to lie to people who buy the game

5. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I don't even know what I'm reading at this point. People are setting their standards too high.

I still have the original Days, KH1, and re:com, and I really don't like how they look compared to the PS3 shots. Yes, they lied, but it's legal marketing and it sells.

At this point, if you are mad because it's a little 1 second fall in resolution, realize that a lot of discs are incredibly low on space and it's hard to make everything perfect. Do you realize that if we were making everything consistent quality, we'd have games that are 2+ discs and cost a buttload more?

I wouldn't wanna dish out $60 for two games I already have, even if it's got the most amazing graphics and comes on multiple discs. That's just overkill and not very many people will want to do so.

6. A Zebra Chaser

It's not legal to misrepresent a product, however the banner of "this footage is a work in progress, the final product may vary"
    Misrepresentation can lead to legal cases, though it's murky

7. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

An example of the annoying blurriness is in the scene with Riku and Riku replica. While the whole background is nice, you can clearly see Riku replica's low quality face. And RIku's face is even worse. This happens in a lot of occasions in RE:CoM, especially when the camera isn't zoomed on the face of a character. I really don't understand why they upgraded the whole scenes expect the faces, which sometimes are still in the old ps2-like quality.

8. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

this is a remaster not remake. No redoing anything.

9. A Zebra Chaser

Exactly, it's just a PS2 quality scene rendered in 720p

10. LPGamer15 Merlin's Housekeeper

Honestly in my opinion Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix was an awesome remake of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Re CoM, and 358/2 Days! I do have a few complaints such as Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days wasn't an actual game, but a movie, however I still like the idea of it and understand the fact that it would take a long time to redo the game and Square Enix wants to keep the Kingdom Hearts fans occupied until Kingdom Hearts 3. I enjoyed the HD Kingdom Hearts 2 Style Graphics of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and thought it looked amazing and still brought me to tears at the end lol! Kingdom Hearts Final Mix was re done very well with HD Graphics. I never got to play the Final Mix edition so nows my chance! I have Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix English Patched on my Laptop so I got the chance to play that. I haven't got Kingdom Hearts 2.5 yet, but it's on my next priority game-wise. Kingdom Hearts Re CoM was redone very well with the HD Graphics and looked very gorgeous in gameplay. Overall I say Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 are definitely worth it. I heard that Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix on 2.5 is in 1080 60fps. Not sure about that, but if it is THATS AMAZING! I know that Kingdom Hearts 1.5 isn't in 60fps, but it runs in a beautiful 1080p.

11. Misty gimme kiss

I know at least that 1.5 does not run at 1080p and I assume it's the same for 2.5. They're just below at a native res of 1440x900, which then stretches to 1080p. It's not terribly noticeable and the games still look great. Not sure what their reasoning would have been for that, maybe someone who knows more about game development could inform us (as I don't think they are that demanding games, graphically).

Neither game runs 60fps though. That was a big complaint many people had.

12. Explode Who?!

I heard that 2.5 actually runs at a native 1080p, but I can't confirm. 30fps, but Birth by Sleep has some frame rate issues (not as bad as the PSP version though).

Probably for optimization reasons, 1.5 couldn't run well at full 1080p. I think they said they only had 2 or 3 programmers working on the port, so due to lack of hands on the project, maybe they couldn't get it working on time. Optimization on a game is often more important than sheer processing power. It's the reason that bad PC ports run worse than their console counterparts, even on a far superior machine. Only a handful of PS3 games run at 1080p natively, so it is actually impressive when it happens.