Most Inspiring Member

Discussion in '2016' started by . : tale_wind, Aug 30, 2016.

?

Don't believe in yourself! Believe in THEM who believe in you!!

Poll closed Sep 6, 2016.
  1. Maka Albarn

6.3%
  2. Magick

3.1%
  3. Jayn

40.6%
  4. Captain Arch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Makaze

3.1%
  6. Marushi

12.5%
  7. Plums

34.4%
  1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

The fruit himself: @Plums.

3. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Jayn!

4. Plums Wakanda Forever

the amount of Korrasami fic I've read the last year and a half is pretty inspiring

5. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

hmu with some recommendations, plooms.

6. Plums Wakanda Forever

i gotchu fam

spin the rails: it's a collection of one shots and the main story (Repairs, Retrofits, and Upgrades) by this guy named progman, who absolutely nails the tone and plot. he emphasizes "plot first, romance third" in all his stories, and the korra/asami relationship plays a lot of important plot beats in how they deal with the overarching plot. at first i was sorta turned away from his characterization of asami, as it didn't feel like it fit how i perceived it, but i warmed up to it over time and it makes sense for what she's going through in the story (dealing with her grief). asami is main protagonist of the big story. there are also smaller one-shots in the overall spin the rails collection, which i would absolutely recommend reading (in the order he has) because they have varying levels of importance in the main RRaU story.

you should finish the show or read a summary of what happened though, as it takes place after book 4. It's completed.

it's such a gorgeous sight to see you in the middle of the night: korrasami college au. this has been quite possibly the slowest burn korrasami fic I've ever read; it was both torturous and really, really fulfilling towards the end. heaviest it gets is dealing with asami's grief and korra's feelings of failure. you don't have to have finished the show for it to make sense. essentially: they are roommates, they fall in love, there are lots of cheesy movie nights.

It's completed.

they say true love hurts. well, this could almost kill me: korrasami soulmate au. basically, the premise is that you have someone out there who you have a link to (and ~destined~ to end up with), and your share each other's pain (to varying degrees). considering what her job is and who korra is as a person, let's just say asami understands pain very well. :b the author tried to stick to canon in the beginning, but eventually realized book 1's end and 99% of book 2 were lame so they did they're own thing and it's better off for it.

This one is incomplete -- ends around the ending of Book 2.

All Roads: what is, in my opinion, the quintessential korrasami fic. It was the very first I came across and came out between book 1 ending and book 2 starting, where everyone was curious if korra and asami would actually be friends (lmao the dark days). they take a road trip and learn more about the other one.

Completed.

Instincts of a Fearful Body: red lotus korra and equalist asami au. I haven't read this in a couple months, but from where I left off, asami doesn't know korra is a bender (much less the avatar), and they're growing closer with each other as the red lotus and amon are mobilizing in the background. I wouldn't say either of them are evil, but they're definitely more morally flexible than their canon counterparts. there's always a really tense atmosphere while they flirt and junk, while keeping that in mind.

Still updating, 16/26 chapters complete.

Dalits: not really korrasami, but it does give a complex edge to it, especially in regards to korra's love for the air nation and asami's ties to her dad & the equalist movement (and develops tenzin's wife as well). aka, "airbenders could have been huge dbags"

7. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Jayn indirectly got me to try my hand at game design again. So this is a no brainer to me.

8. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Bless you, FuzzyPlums, bless you.