Kingdom Hearts II Mushroom XIII #2... Tips?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Gelatinous Ghost, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

Hello all.

I have met the journal requirements for the entirety of Mushroom XIII. However, I am after the best Mushroom weapons. As you may or may not be aware, this requires a lot of luck at A rank completion, or an S rank for guaranteed drop.

I got Donald's best staff. Now, the shield for Goofy is what I am after. General internet consensus is that Mushroom II in Halloween Town is the easiest one to get an S rank on. I have been using a combination of Stitch and Reflect. However, I just cannot seem to get my score to 99. Even when I reflect every single shot, I always seem to end at 98. Is there something I am doing wrong? Perhaps there is an easier Mushroom member to get Goofy's best shield from? Anyone have experience with this? Any tips would be appreciated.

Also, is it possible to get a score of 99 if you fail to reflect even one of the projectiles? I have gotten to the point now that if I am struck even once I leave the area and try again, as my highest scores are those in which I am not hit even once. However, if I can be hit once or twice I don't want to discard a potentially fruitful attempt.

Note: I have noticed that on some occasions, if my timing is slightly off when I cast reflect the projectile doesn't hit Sora, but it doesn't bounce back to the Mushroom either. It just sort of vanishes. Perhaps this phenomena is what is holding me back from 99. I don't want to make it sound like I get 98 every time. Usually this happens a couple times each attempt I make, and my average score is 90-95. I have reflected what appears to be every projectile about 4-5 times now, resulting in a score of 98.

That being said, would I be better off just equipping Sora with as many luck boosting accessories as possible and hope that eventually it will drop the weapon one of the times I achieve A rank? I think the base rate it 10% or something. Would it be more likely with the Lucky Lucky ability equipped and 3-4 luck rings?
    (For those that are curious, I have been doing this long enough without success that I have obtained 99 of every tranquil item in my inventory. I am getting very impatient., as you may understand)​

2. Patman Bof

While it probably nets you A-ranks rather than S-ranks, the Agrabah mushroom is hands down the quickest to farm.
    I didn' t check which weapons they can drop though, I got three for Donald and three for Goofy. Do they have an even better (or rather less lame) fourth one ?

3. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

For Goofy: http://www.khwiki.com/Ultimate_Mushroom
    For Donald: http://www.khwiki.com/Premium_Mushroom

In all, there are 5 "Mushroom" weapons for both Donald and Goofy. The only really nice ones are those gained from S ranking (Or lucky A ranking). Goofy's matches Save the King's strength and grants him 40% damage reduction in battle, and Donald's has higher magic than Save the Queen and grants a 75% boost to the MP regeneration rate.​

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  4. Patman Bof

I assume s-rank is what' s required to get the best materials too, a-rank won' t cut it ? I' ve farmed the one in Agrabah dozens of time to get all the crystals I needed. Took me between 7 and 9 seconds on average. I don' t feel like checking but I assume that' s s-rank fast, yet I don' t have those weapons either. I was only wearing a single luck ring though, but I noticed later on that they stack.

5. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

S rank on Mushroom V in Agrabah is 3 seconds or less. And I had all three characters with lucky lucky, and a total of five luck rings across all characters, and still never got the best drops with an A rank. ​

6. Patman Bof

Well then you might want to give a try to another mushroom. Just because Halloween Town was the easiest for someone out there doesn' t mean it would be the easiest for you. I guess Agrabah is out of the question, 3 seconds looks pretty unfeasable, but how about Mulan' s ? That one was a piece of cake for me, maybe S is totally feasable against it.

Give four luck rings to Sora and tell Goofy and Donald not to fight (they can' t stack as much luck as Sora). Also equip any equipment or ability that could boost his luck some more. I' m not sure those stack too, but better safe than sorry.

7. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

Ultimately, I did end up S ranking Mushroom II. It took a total of about 4 consecutive hours of attempts. Perhaps 5. But I did get 99 hits eventually. If anything, it was out of sheer luck. Thanks for all your input! :) ​