My hand won't stop shaking...? >>;

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Aura, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Aura Goddess

Well, about three weeks ago, my left hand started shaking uncontrollably. This happened while I was eating lunch. I figured I was cold so I finished my lunch and took a shower. But when I finished taking a shower, my hand was still slightly shaking. Again, I figured it was because I was cold. It passed and I told my mom when she came home from work.

Then last week, again, I was eating lunch but this time, my hand was literally shaking at a point I couldn't relax it and make it stop. I was going to call my brother but it started to calm down. I told my mom again when she came home and she told me she was going to make an appointment with my doctor. She called the next day and my mom told me that the doctor said it could be possible that I've been writing a lot and I have. So she said she wants to me to stop writing to really see if it's because of that. I'm left handed so yeah, I haven't really written for quite a few days and I'm going back to school on Tuesday. Today, I was eating lunch, again, and I'm started to think that my hand can't hold something for a long period of time. I seriously don't want to think that it could be possible that I have Parkenson's or possibly Arthritis at the age of 16 but that's the only thing that's in my mind when my hand starts shaking.

I want to make an appointment with my doctor already since I have a feeling that my hand will be shaking when I'm in school. So yeah, I don't even know what I'm asking from a Kingdom Hearts forum. I guess, does anybody really know what could be wrong with me? ._.

2. Repliku Chaser

It is probably due to possible carpal tunnel symptoms or nerve damage in your hand from possibly using it too much. Some things that may help is trying to soak it in warm water and stretching the hand carefully, moving it around slowly in the water for say around 10 minutes at a time. You might want to see about getting a wrist brace to make sure you are writing with your hand straight enough so that your wrist is not stressed. If you feel any pain or swelling, you might want to use an ice pack on the area for a few minutes. Is there any pain in the thumb area or pinky finger area or anything?

If you still have problems, you will undoubtedly have to make another appointment with the doctor. I hope it is nothing too bad and that it is just some minor thing that can be worked out with some rest and such. Good luck with this.

3. Aura Goddess

I haven't had any pain. My hand just starts shaking when I hold something for too long. And my hand hasn't swollen either. But I'll try those things. Thank you.

4. Sorcerer_Jenkins Twilight Town Denizen

my body does that from time to time. when i'm cold, or nervous, or after i drink a shake.

5. The Twin My, what a strange duet

I'm gonna second what Repliku said up there, because while it might not be carpal tunnel, it could still be due to repetitive motion - in this case, writing.

That, and the same thing happened to me before, except I managed to pinch a nerve while using my laptop. I was stuck in a brace for a while, but I felt so much better afterwards.

You might want to try moderating how long you do things with your wrist, to see if that really is a case of you using the muscles and tendons too much. Try taking breaks in between writing or using the computer to give your wrist a rest (wow. Try saying that five times fast.)

6. Aura Goddess

Yeah. I've been doing that today. But, after I posted saying I haven't had any pain, I ended up having pain on my wrist.

I've been stretching and massaging my wrist so the pain went away. My hand just feels tense now.

7. Maka Albarn It's called love

Hm... try to put some heat or ice on it... even though it probably doesn't hurt as much, that might help relax the muscles. I'm sure it's just a temporary nerve problem in your hand.

8. robert the yogurt Traverse Town Homebody

Are you heavy handed? TI've been getting pain in my ear today and to calm it I've been gripping things really hard and that makes my hand shake.

9. Aura Goddess

Well, I did that today. I have my wrist wrapped in a bandage and I had a lot of pain today since I was writing at school. >>

But what my dad put on my hand relaxed my hand and calmed the pain down.

It's not that. My mom is going to make an appointment with my doctor so I'll hopefully know what's wrong with my hand.

10. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

It could be a nerves disorder that was triggered by something that put you under stress, either consciously or subcosciously.Is there anything that has made you stressed, like too many projects or a relationship problem or something like that.

11. Aura Goddess

I was constantly writing for the past two months. I never gave my hand a rest so I'm guessing that's the reason why my hand is hurting and whatnot. I continue to have the pain and I've been putting something on my hand before I go to bed. My hand relaxes for a while but the pain and the shaking comes back.

I really don't see how I'm going to be able to give my hand a rest since I'm back in school. All I do everyday is write, I can't give my hand a rest. I want my mom to make a doctor appointment but she won't listen. She blames it on me for typing and writing too much. Right now, my hand feels weird since I had a REALLY bad pain around my wrist and pinky today. =/

12. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Make an appiontment yourself without her notice.People aged 16 have the right to consent for whatever medical care they need.I read it in a book in CSPE(Civil,Social and Political Education) in 2nd year.

13. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

nah you don't have Parkinson's. you're 16, you're way to young to get it. you should only worry about that when your like age 50, maybe a little younger. oh, and unless your family has a history of getting Parkinson's, then chances are you won't get it. just relax and give it a while. it's like impossible for you to get parkinson's at age 16 :).

14. Aura Goddess

I'd do that but if I were to make an appointment, who would take me and who would pay? I have no money and neither do my parents. We barely have enough money to even feed ourselves. Besides, even if it was for my own good, my parents would kill me if they found out I did something without their consent.

I've been giving it a while and nothing has changed. The only thing that has changed is that the pain has gotten worse.

15. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Pain?? hmmm..... I've had shaking problems before, but it has never involved pain. ok I still doubt its parkinson's but if there's pain then there may be something up. what that would be, I don't know; however it could be some sort of reaction to something. do you take any medicine?

16. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Look up syntomes you have, on the net and see what you get back, then narrow them down and see if you really need a doctor.

17. Aura Goddess

I have an inhaler but I haven't used it in months.

I know I need to go to the doctor. The pain I've been having is around my wrist, pinky, and thumb. Pretty much what Repliku had asked me. And each day my hand gets more sensitive when I write. And usually the pain just comes out of nowhere even if I'm not doing anything but have my hand down at my side.

My mom is supposedly going to call my doctor today but I doubt it.

18. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

wait a second, wrist pain? how badly does it hurt? is the pain coming from your tendons? My sister has a problem with her tendons from too much typing. I'm not sure how to spell the name of what she has though. it's not a sickness, but it's not fun to get.

19. Aura Goddess

Carpal Tunnel? I already went to the doctor, I'm wearing a wrist brace.

My new question is, how long do I have to wear it?

20. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

no that's not it, but very similar to that. About the brace, wear it as long as the doctor tells you too. Most doctors know what they are doing. Unfortunately, they don't always know what's wrong. :-/