My thoughts on Sora and Kairi

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Gritz, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

After thinking about it, Sora really was more immature in KH2 than he was in KH1. And he was older in 2. He and Kairi don't seem to be real at some points in the game (referring to KH2). Kairi is defensless, which bothers me. And Sora acts happy all the time, you never really see his saddness at any point in the game, which is bad for his character. It does make him unreal and that has always bothered me.

But I still love him and Kairi xD.

2. Gritz Traverse Town Homebody

That don't mean nothin. Avatar: The Last Airbender was E+10.

Anyway, I am just not up to giving Kairi another chance. She had THREE games to come through, and the producers and Noruma didn't give two shits about her. They just threw her a dry bone(keyblade) so they could say that she was "useful". I'm not holding my breath for KH3 only to be let down again.

I'm not against optimism, but Aang was optimistic. There was no struggle for Sora. Everything just seemed to fall. He never had any sort of problems that couldn't be solved by Donald and Goofy telling a dumb and unfunny joke.

I don't want Sora to be an emo. But I do want him to go through some real character growth.

3. The Guy Destiny Islands Resident

Sora really is too optimistic. If I were him I'd be freaking out all the time and getting really mad. As for Kairi, she's just annoying.

4. RoxaSora2010 Nulla è reale. Tutto è lecito.

What do you mean for Kairi is annoying?

5. {Vena_Sera}_ The Anti{Saint} King's Apprentice

they both are what the guy said. he means kairi gets in the way and also doesnt do any thing

6. RoxaSora2010 Nulla è reale. Tutto è lecito.

Oh, that's it.
    So, for you is a useless character...

7. Arch Mana Knight

Sora could've been a little better...but overall he's a good character. Kairi on the other hand needs character. She's annoying and actually thinks Sora's helpless without her and Riku when he's the best out of the three!

8. Doukuro Chaser

Sora was okay but I liked him better in KH1 cuz in KH2 he was someonewhat of a baby. Overall good though.

I have no probelms with Kairi because she's hardly in the games. I kinda like her really. She liftens the mood of the place and always look on the bright side of things and I kinda like that. I don't get how she is annoying

9. RoxaSora2010 Nulla è reale. Tutto è lecito.

Hmmm. I prefer KH 2 Sora, in KH 1 he has a baby voice O_O in KH 2 he has a teenager's voice
    Also, they are very different.
    I have no prob with Kairi too, but I would that she appeared more in the game...

10. Finale Wannabe Nobody

i couldn't of said it any better. damn i'm glad i don't have to write all that.

11. Jayn

I feel like some of Sora's values changed in KH2...It was weird...He annoyed me in KH2 more than KH1.
    I've never liked Kairi. She really annoys me. She's really needy and super damsel in distress-y...It's horrible. And her laugh in KH1 killed me. xD​

12. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

I liked both Sora and Kairi. I think Kairi improved in KH2 just as much as Sora, because she became more of a character, and more independent and determined. Even though i'm not a very optimistic person, Sora's positivity made his character likeable, and made things more enjoyable. It was an important part of his character, even though it was over the top.

13. koolashley King's Apprentice

Isn't it also a little true that even though Sora is currently 15, that while he was regaining his memories, that he kept his childlike instincts and just grew taller, got a deeper voice, etc.? I mean, after all, he wasn't communicating with anyone for a year.

14. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

I agree with you 100%. Sor is my fav character, but neither of them have any personality whatsoever...
    Riku, Axel, and Roxas had the most character in them, but you never got to see them much... I rly like Kairi's character actually.
    Sora too. I couldn't stand his optimism... too fake and boring...
    None of the main characters seemed real to me either :[
    But Donald & Goofy were okay

15. JustRob Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah Sora is too optimistic. I'd like for him to scream out in rage once in a while. I know I would what with those Organisation XIII guys pissing you off so much.

16. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

I totally know what you mean, Sora is just sooooooooooo annoying. His personality is lot better in KH1 to be honest, and Kairi's too... Such... Blocky characters they are x[

17. Forever Love Life Without Limits

You mean like how Roxas did with DiZ? Yeah that wouldn't be such a bad thing to see, but you can tell that he's pissed by the look in his eyes when he sees an Organization member.

18. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

I have to agree...Sora may not have expressed his anger or frustration in such an open way, but you can totally see it in his eyes.

19. JustRob Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah sorta like that but even more like the Beast really. I know I'd go crazy if one of those guys kidnapped a good friend. Yet he always stands there calmly, with his "pissed off" face before going into battle. It would be good to see Sora charge at an enemy in rage for a change.

He's also too kind-hearted and believes people too fast. Wouldn't be very hard to tell him a pack of lies and deceive him.

20. Defame King's Apprentice

I guess the voice actors can't display their emotions well enough?
    Sora was acting like a kid at some points,
    and all Kairi did was
    "Yeah! Let's go home, let's go in the door together this time,
    hey look Sora you got mail!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.