358/2 Days Namine or Xion?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by larxenex, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Don't make me choose.

2. 61 No. B

namine, duh.

She's written so much better for one thing, and she's far less annoying.

She's also nicer, and I have a huge soft spot from pretty much everything that came out of CoM and II.

3. Sonja Taylor Merlin's Housekeeper

I really liked Namine as a character, but I like Xion even more! I'll have to cast my vote for Xion! ;)

4. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

I'd have to say Naminé. I feel bad for xion and all but I don't like her that much. Call me heartless. I don't care. Nope. (;-; don't hurt me)

5. Sara Tea Drinker

I honestly didn't like Xion as much. I didn't like Namine much either, but she showed a lot more emotion and caring that Xion did in my eyes.

She also had a much more integral plot that lasted more than a game than Xion did overall in the Kingdom Hearts series. I am for Namine.

6. Aelin Best Waifu

I would have to say I like Xion better if for nothing else but the fact that she didn't seem as helpless as Namine did. Also I always kinda felt bad for Xion. She was just something someone made and never really got the chance to be her own person. I wish that the games would elaborate her more as a person. I had also hoped that Dream Drop Distance would have mentioned her a bit more since she was kinda a part of Sora. But yeah I prefer Xion

7. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

But she isn't a person. She's a puppet.

8. Aelin Best Waifu

I am aware that she isn't technically a person but a puppet, but she was able to think for herself and act like a person. She had her own opinion on things. Puppet or not she is complex enough to give more of a story to.

9. Skian Merlin's Housekeeper

I started on 358/2 Days, and I haven't played the numbered series yet. So, while my obvious answer is Xion, I'm really not qualified to answer this question. I will say this though. If, when I play the main games, Namine (or anyone, really) can top Xion... I will bake cookies for the entire staff of Square Enix (all of them) and deliver them personally.

10. I honestly, deeply detest Xions' existence. Another typical sob story rehash of both Roxas' and Riku Replica's inner turmoil, of forced tragedy, and of forced pity, to try and forget that this character came out from literally nowhere and never existed in game canon until 358/2 Days. The game kept telling me so much that I had to feel sorry for this random addition that I eventually felt the complete opposite. People with soft hearts would fall for it easily, but not me. Then they shoehorned her into Axel and Roxas to make another repetitive SoRiKai trio, proving that Roxas really was just another Sora (to me) and had no individually other than resulting in the same copycat group of friends.

Of course we know more about Xion. She practically stole the spotlight from Roxas, who is supposed to be the "main character", while he sat on his arse wondering about the events going on and being brainless. Naminé, on the other hand, was important to CoM and did her part, yet didn't overshadow the hero. Nor did Sora stay there floating mindlessly, doing nothing. She's the one that deconstructs the Mary Sue.

Xion is a straight example no matter how many want to deny it.

This is only the tip of the iceberg with my issues with 358/2 Days and a short explanation. There are so many issues.

Naminé. All the damn way.

Any time, any day, any vast galaxy.

11. Sennitz Destiny Islands Resident

Well... I've gotta say I don't know... Maybe Xion 'cause we get to know her in 358/2, but if there would be a game telling Namine's story, maybe I would choose her :P
    I´m really curious if there is gonna be more of Xion and Namine in the next games

12. DuelRoxas16 Destiny Islands Resident

Being the biggest Roxas fan (just look at my name) I have had trouble deciding myself, Namine is quite and shy while Xion is a bit of a tomboy, whats funny is that even though Namine messed with Roxas' memories of the Orginization and removed Xion entirly I just cant seem to hate her. but at the same time Xion and Roxas worked together. they were friends who laughed, cried and eventually fought to the death, a better love story then twilight am i right? They are both awesome and in my mind I think Xion is stronger I cant just say Namine is weaker so im goinh to say their equal Can't I have both?

13. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Namine, if you piss her off or attack her firends (if she had them) she would shatter your mind like a baseball through your neighbour's window. also Xion was erased simply because that is what happens when a replica dies, all that they were and all that could have been is ripped away.