Nanbaka

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by SushiKey, Aug 17, 2017.

1. SushiKey Destiny Islands Resident

Nanbaka (ナンバカ)
    Alternative Title: "Nanbaka - The Numbers"

[​IMG]

Genre: Comedy
    Episodes: 25
    Animation: Satelight
    Writing: Mitsutaka Hirota
    Seasons: 1
    Airing: Crunchyroll, Funimation|Now
    Personal Rating: 10/10

Watch on Crunchyroll (subbed)
    Watch on Funimation|Now (dubbed)
    Wikipedia Article
    This anime is HILARIOUS! The anime takes place in Nanba Prison, the highest security prison in the world, located in the sea outside of Japan, which contains some of the most dangerous criminals, some who have committed many crimes. The main characters: Jyugo, Uno, Nico and Rock all have something about themselves that makes them perfect to overpower the guards and put off any safety nets to help them escape, which makes for some hilarious results.

The characters show various traits that I think are written pretty well. Jyugo being your typical jailbreaker by picking locks and putting off anything that keeps him from escaping "because it's fun". Uno loves all and anything women, while Nico is obsessed with anime (and has a power of all drugs having the opposite effect on him), and Rock loving food and being rather strong. Any anime fan will get a good laugh at these guys getting into all kinds of trouble! There's other things that the characters do, but I won't spoil it.

Pretty much all the episodes have a right balance of funny and serious moments, but I guess I'm easily impressed. You'll just have to watch it to see for yourself!

Has anyone else seen this?

2. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

So I didn't realize there was a thread for this but........AYYYYYY

I just started getting into Nanbaka. I like 4 episodes in and I love the main characters already! I think I might watch it again in subs when I am finished. Currently I am watch the dub and the voice actors do a great job with the characters so far!!! I'm like the story so far and all the vibrant colors it has going on!! Music is pretty alright! Again...I still need to finish it and I'm excited to see what else is going to happen with Jyugo, Uno, Rock, and Nico!!!