Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Online Titles

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Fayt-Harkwind, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Yeah, I thought I only had to do 10 for the trophies and I would be done, but the win 50 online fights titles have proceeded to get in my way. It'll take me forever to do it, any help like online gameplay tips would be handy.

2. EvilMan_89 Code Master

that one will take a while to finish, but if you keep at it you should still be able to get this one even if you're not that good at the game.

anyways, with online matches, at the risk of sounding conceited, i'm actually pretty good at this game. some tips:

1. as much as i hate people who do this, you can use a turbo controller to use substitution jutsu easily. however, this can backfire if you're not smart about it. (wasting all your chakra subsituting attacks that aren't even worth wasting it on)
    2. give your assist choices and types some thought. here's information that isn't readily obvious from playing the game:

Assist Types (effects will happen once team gauge goes up one):
    Attack- Ally will join in combos making harder to substitute. Also, the dreaded knockback hit if you send the enemy flying in midair.
    Balance- Ally will throw chakra shuriken if you do. You should test out several characters' chakra shuriken to see what works best with your main. Ally will give up their life to block an ultimate jutsu for you (they will be unusable for 60 seconds after this has happened).
    Guard- Ally will stand in a guard stance in front of you while you charge your chakra. Safe way to charge and don't have to worry about projectiles. Ally will stop dashing enemies.

I do recommend always having an attack assist just for the knockback hit because one of those could prove fatal to enemies and if not, you at least have time to charge chakra without having to worry about attacks.

To Beat Rasengan Spammers:
    these people have a tendency to waste all their chakra trying to kill you with rasengan. just make sure not to get hit. you can do this easily by luring them into using rasengan. what you do is jump and block. not a double jump, don't do anything else but block while the jump is happening. Rasengan spammers wait for people to jump because that's when they're wide open, but they can't tell if you're blocking in midair. so they'll try it but will fail at which point you punish them with a jutsu or a combo. this method works well for the most part but if you end up getting hit by one or getting thrown they'll most likely recharge all their chakra before you get a chance to hit them, so do be careful.

To Beat Long Range Fighters:
    make proper use of chakra dash. and not a lot of people seem to know this for some reason but pressing X X (not sure what the button is on Xbox but its' X twice on PS3) will dash through all their projectiles. just be smart, time your dashes correctly and they shouldn't be too difficult to beat. this will take some practice though.

Turbo Controllers:
    i'm still trying to figure this one out. they're not impossible to beat as i've done it before but damn near close to be. you're gonna have to find some way of wasting their chakra so that it won't matter whether they have substitution on turbo or not. as soon as you see their person rapidly blocking, don't use combos. instead shoot projectiles at them until they run out of chakra. however, this tactic won't work on someone who has half a brain and figures out what you're up to. you're gonna have to attack through their attacks, know what attacks beat which and counter their attacks with other attacks. do not attempt to throw them unless you see that they've run out of chakra, you will be the one who ends up being thrown. and if none of these work, don't be too hard on yourself, it wasn't your fault your opponent was using a gay turbo controller.

beating puppet users
    stay near the puppet master. don't give them a chance to put distance between you and the master. stay close and in their face. most people who use puppet masters are turtlers, watch out for throw spamming.

beating turtlers
    turlers are people who damage you once..... and run away for the rest of the match hoping to win through time. don't let it piss you off. just keep a cool mind and use throws often because turtlers block ALOT. however, if said turtler is using a turbo controller as well......you're most likely screwed.

some general tips:
    don't side step too often, you'll get hit by dash type jutsus
    use awakening to beat ultimate jutsu and throw spammers. awakening deals with the issue elegantly.
    if you see that your opponent can use their team ultimate jutsu, stop fighting. unless their chakra is severly low, stay far way from them and just keep jump blocking.

one final tip: if you're having trouble against a particular character. try playing as that character just to know understand their capabilities and quirks better. i found doing this reveals ALOT of weaknesses i wouldn't have noticed.

hope those tips help!

3. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Thanks for the advice. I tend to use Kakashi and have Sai and Chiyo as my assists. I don't have much problem with rasengan spammers (so far it's mostly the rasengan barrage/rasenshuriken spammers) but I seem to have a terrible time when someone gets into awakening, I seem to be unable to block or use substitution well on them. I actually was a single hit away from beating someone, he went into 6-tails mode and shot at me from the other side of the arena with my attempts to dodge doing nothing and my chakra dashes just making me end up in his attack path.
    I didn't know players used Turbo controllers, but that certainly explains the impossible amount of substitutions in a combo.

I'll try using an attack assist character instead of Sai. That could be my downfall as I usually appear to do not enough damage when they turn it around with spamming or hyper speed dodges.
    Thanks again.