Need Four Reviewers/Testers

Discussion in 'Workshops & Recreation' started by Lauriam, Jul 14, 2016.

?

Just for fun: Which is the best house? :P

Poll closed Aug 14, 2016.
  1. Gryffindor

18.2%
  2. Slytherin

9.1%
  3. Hufflepuff

45.5%
  4. Ravenclaw

27.3%
  1. Shuhbooty moon child

I think the sequence is the password. And the letters give the muggles the sight to see, plat 9 3/4, LC, DA and so forth. I'm happy you cleared up whether it's books or movies you are going off of. I'm more familiar with the books and have the little side publications like "Quidditch Through the Ages" and the "Fantastic Beats and Where to find them".

2. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Yeah, I actively dislike the movies, because I'm one of those peeps who will hate a movie if it strays too far from the book (unless it makes it better, which in my experience, has only happened to the movies Mary Poppins and Coraline. Almost every other time I know both the movie and the book, I think the book is better.) So I dislike the Harry Potter movies, and I've only really seen them once each. XD Though, the outright butchering of the Hobbit, which was one of my favorite books as a child, made it so my anger at the HP movies was lessened considerably by comparison. XD At least the HP movies weren't as bad as the Hobbit movies, imo. XD

So yeah, book canon outweighs movie canon. XD But it's good that you know the side publications, I never read them myself, though I bought Fantastic Beasts for my sister for Christmas. lol, so if I ever need a question about a Fantastic Beast, you'll be very helpful. XD

3. Shuhbooty moon child

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I didn't start reading the books (even though they were given to me for xmas) until I was in high school (which was.. 8-9 years ago freshmen/sophomore years) but the movies were released back in early 2000s and so forth. I love the magical parts they captured, not the story really. I didn't care for the whole "oh this bad guy wants to kill.. blah harry, blah". I loved the magic spells, Quidditch, the pants, the animals, The goblet of fire was my favorite too. Idk if that makes sense but yeah.

I don't wanna talk about the hobbit. >.> it broke my heart i was so upset.

I would love to help. c: I've been wildl into HP ever since I read the books and did all the wild sie stuff like pottermore, the side pubs, I still remember WB had this website where you could play games (before pottermore) on you getting to roam DA and, ugh, it was so fun.

4. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Oh good, someone who shares my hatred for the Hobbit movies! :) I feel validated. I actually liked the first one, though I was a bit disappointed at times, but the entirety of the second movie, my dad and I sat in the theaters and grumbled to each other about the garbage we were watching, while everyone else kept shushing us, and I refused to watch Five Armies in theaters, and waited until someone else let us borrow the DVD before I watched it. XD

But yeah, it makes sense. I didn't read the books until the last one came out, but then I read them all in ten days. XD I don't remember how old I was, though. I think I was a teenager too. XD

5. Shuhbooty moon child

Bump* How's this going so far? Have you been able to whip out a timeline for what you wanted to get done? Or are you still deciding on people to help? c:

6. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

OH YEAH THIS THING

So, pretty much, I'm just going to have you four help (even though you're not one from each house and there are two Hufflepuffs, I can be Slytherin enough to make up for it lol) But I actually haven't done anything past what I had when I first posted this thread. XD I do intend to buckle down and get working on it, but I want to wait until after October 24th because my INVSP pirate thread has its five year anniversary on that day, and we all decided to co-write a story for it, so I have an obligation to prioritize that one. But after that story is completed, I'll get to work on this again, and start putting you all to work. XD

And thanks, Shuhbooty, for the nudge, I need reminders to actually get anything done. XD Which, again, is one of the biggest reasons I asked for reviewers in the first place. XD If I don't have people saying "Pssst what about an update?" There will be no story. XD

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Suuuper late but Hogwarts teachers will deliver acceptance letters personally to Muggleborn students when they turn eleven, to help explain the wizarding world to the family and help prepare for school!

8. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Well, yeah, I get how Muggle parents find out about Diagon alley, but how do they get in is the question. I know they can because Hermione's parents are there in one book, helping her shop, but I don't know how they get in, since it's said in the first book that the muggles passing by the entrance to the Leaky Cauldron (which is the entrance to the alley, of course) don't even seem to realize it's there, implying that it can only be seen by wizards.

So the question is, how do Muggle parents take their kids shopping, when all the entrances to the alley are either magic based or invisible to Muggles?

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Double-checked the Harry Potter wiki; the Hogwarts teachers also assist with the shopping. If I remember right, Hogwarts has its own funds set aside for the purchase of supplies for Muggleborn students.

10. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Oh... lol, that throws a wrench in my plans for my poor muggleborn character who was going to have to content herself with the bare minimum of second hand school supplies. XD

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Could always write in a funding recession :v

12. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

True, true, that's a good idea!

13. Shuhbooty moon child

Dude yeah no problem! I'm so interested in doing this and I thought about it. D: I don't mind waiting either. <3 But I'll be sure to keep checking in. :D

14. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

lol, thanks! Yeah, hopefully it will be really fun when it's all put together. XD

15. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

@Shuhbooty @. : tale : . @Ars Nova @Heart ❤

I'm finally working on it! XD I have all the interactions written for one character's very first stop in Diagon Alley, Gringotts. I can link you guys the introduction so you can check it out, but my question is, do you still want to get updates via PM, or would you be interested in me making an actual Discord Server for this story, for quicker responses and ease of access?

16. Shuhbooty moon child

Let's stick with PM until further notice! If anything you can make a google doc of what you have, and there you can add all of us and we can make comments. That's way more smooth then PM and discord.

17. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Actually, the story's being written on Google docs, so that each individual section can be it's own document and you can just click the links to make your choices. XD Tomorrow, I'll start a PM to give you guys the starting link, so you can play through the braches I have so far. :)