Need to Choose for a Genie One Shot Story

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Sebax, Sep 12, 2014.

?

Which idea, from the list below, is your favorite?

1. A

55.6%
  2. B

22.2%
  3. C

22.2%
  1. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

[​IMG]
    Hello, fellow Disney, Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts lovers. A little over a month ago, two people died who meant a lot to me; first, my idol and one of the biggest acting influences who inspired me to act as well as I could and try everything I could, Robin Williams, took his life, and then, my grandfather, the next day, lost his short battle with Cancer. It was a rough time, but with the help of family around me, I was able to cope with the loss of a close relative. What I want to do, as a writer, is to cope by connecting with fellow fans of not only a fallen star, but the loss of one who truly earned the title and admiration of the title of "celebrity" and "performer" when there's so many more "nice looking people who talk into cameras". I want to take one character in particular, the phenomenally powerful cosmic being, the Genie of the Lamp from 1992 Disney Classic "Aladdin", and do a one shot story. One chapter, one clean, quick short story; as I have far too many unfinished novels posted on this forum. I have a few ideas, but I'd like to ask the masses what they would most like to read. I'll list out the ideas below.

A.) Direct Dialogue between Genie and Robin Williams

Both would be in a neutral setting. Is it heaven? Is it the Cosmos? It doesn't really matter. The focus of this is "Creation and Creator", and, to be honest, even the animators give a lot of credit to Williams for "creating" the character. It would explore Williams's varied film and performance career, and be more about wisdom and comedy.

B.) Genie standing in the modern world, in what was once Agrabah

The focus here would be harrowing and based on cold, hard reality. It will be downright depressing, but deep down, this is the scenario many figured out would happen to the immortal Genie and it has story potential. Central focus: memories, and dealing with loss.

C.) Aladdin, Jasmine, and everyone else trying to cheer a depressed Genie up

Genie won't come out of his lamp. Aladdin and the rest become worried about their blue friend and, once the Genie does come out, they try to cheer him up, as he's a little more blue than usual. This story would focus on the fact that those who make us laugh the most are usually the ones that are hurting the most on the inside.

I look forward to writing any of these stories. Do you have an idea to add to one of these stories or a story of your own? Well, I encourage you to either write to me or write yourself; writing is a beautiful form of expression, and the world could always use more of it.

Do you suffer from Depression? Hey, shoot me a message. I'm always happy to help out a fellow sufferer. If you don't want to talk to me (I understand. Nothing personal, right? :p) 1-800-273-8255 is the number for the National (American) Suicide Prevention Hot Line. Don't live in the States? I think the real question here is: Why do you hate Freedom?! Huh!? Well, for the respectable and well-loved Non-Yanks, here's a list of Lifelines from around the World, because Suicide is a Pandemic, and no one should ever have a crisis alone.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

First of all, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. You have my condolences. As for what idea I prefer, I think I like idea A best because, well, it's both Genie AND Robin Williams. What's not to like about that? Plus, I think it would be a great tribute to the man who voiced Genie himself.

3. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

You have my condolences as well, Sebax.

As for the three ideas, I agree with Mizuno on idea A.

4. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Thank you for your wishes of condolences. He was a great man who helped shape me into the man I am today, as my mother was a single mother who lived with my grandparents in their home from the time I was three years old until I was around ten; I spent most of my formative years around my grandparents, and it was only recently, the past five years, where I didn't spend much time around them since I moved to Upstate New York.

And as a Robin Williams tribute, A does makes the most sense. I want to give B and C their due too, because I feel Depression should be payed attention to during National Suicide Prevention Week. I'm going to wait for a few more votes. If one gets five more than any other I'll end it there due to time constraints or I'll end it if one option gets ten votes total for the same reason. I'm also voting for A, but not because it's a personal favorite; somebody close to me who is not a member of the forum informed me they'd vote for A if they could, so I'll count it and I want to remember it when I do the tallying.

Thank you all for the support so far.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

If you go with option A (A and C are my favorites), I just feel like Robin and the Genie would get a huge kick out of realizing they have the same voice~ c:

Condolences for the loss of your grandfather. This being a Kingdom Hearts forum, though, I think it only fitting to remind you that he'll never really be gone, as he'll always be in your heart and memories. ♥