New Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance -Special Trailer-

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Sabby, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

[video=youtube;rAPBAm1GkHE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAPBAm1GkHE[/video]​

Hello My Loves,

Square Enix is popping out with surprises! For Valentine's day they decided to give us a "SPECIAL TRAILER". A 9 minute video of awesomeness.
    I am a lost for words right now. There are likely some spoilers. Just as a caution.

Enjoy.

Happy Valentine's Day. <3

You can download the video from our Cutscene Archive by clicking here.

Or, if you are so inclined, you can click here and download it from Mediafire, courtesy of Llave. <3

The video has been subbed in English by goldpanner & KH13:
    [video=youtube;BssrlR_rdFc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BssrlR_rdFc[/video]​

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Sabby, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Misty
      Misty
      Perhaps the Organization is looking to claim him again? If he defeats the Heartless of those that have not yet been reawakened, then they can all return & wreak havoc. They're likely playing on an identity crisis/the darkness inside him from Vanitas. And as we saw in KHII, Sora would consider darkness if it meant bringing his friends back.
    2. ShibuyaGato
      ShibuyaGato
      But that's not how it works.

You have to defeat the Heartless before you defeat the Nobody in order for the original person to return. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see what the Organization plans to do with Sora this time.
    3. Te Deum
      Te Deum
      This.

I was absolutely sure he wasn't part of Org. XIII, or ever will be. Then I started thinking and an idea popped up:

You know they could just be holding him captive, right? His head is down, so he could be unconcious...

Think about it.
    4. Mixt
      Mixt
      Well he said it that way in an interview once but the ending of RE:Coded stated nothing about order, so it is hard to tell if he decided to toss that or if it just hasn't been canonically revealed yet.
    5. Misty
      Misty
      Poop, you're right. There goes my theories. >:L
    6. greater_bloo
      greater_bloo
      If Master Xehanort is in control of the Organization my theory is that he intends to release Ven's heart from Sora's body to forge the X-blade. Remember the X-blade from Birth by Sleep was incomplete so the plot of seeing a complete X-blade is still intriguing enough. However doing so will cause Sora to lose his heart again thus "Light will fall into Darkness" Plus if 3D does end this way it'll pave the way for some Keyblade War info in Kingdom Hearts 3 if 3D does connect to KH3. Though the other piece of the X-blade puzzle Vanitas is kinda questionable how he'll be back. Young Xehanort there seems to have people of darkness come up with him though (Xehanort's heartless and Vanitas). If he is indeed a Time Traveler and people here mentioning the Red-eyed hooded thing is Vanitas from before maybe he'll bring that Vanitas to the future?
    7. redhairedking
      redhairedking
      Has anyone given any thought to the brief appearance of Terra and Aqua? I'll bet it'll be revealed in BBS vol 2, which the fandom seems to have forgotten about it :D

edit: I was rewatching the trailer and noticed at 7:47 it almost seemed as if Sora was considering handing over the Keyblade. He says that the Keyblade is the key to everyone's smiles and it pushes back the darkness. I have a feeling that Sora is going to lose the Keyblade in KH3D, at least temporarily. That could explain why he seems to be unconscious when he is at Where Nothing Gathers.
    8. EvilMan_89
      EvilMan_89
      this game just keeps getting more and more appealing the more they show us. i can't wait until it's finally released in the US.
    9. redhairedking
      redhairedking
      For what it's worth, I just counted the figures that appear at around 9:10 and there are 13.
    10. Te Deum
      Te Deum
      See?

He could just be in captivity.

As for losing his keyblade temporarily, that is a good theory. Although I'm pretty sure Nomura won't repeat what he did towards the mid-ending of KH1.
    11. redhairedking
      redhairedking
      I know this has been said many times before, but I have a feeling Sora will lose the Keyblade for some period of time when Ven's heart leaves him. After all, there is no evidence that Sora would have ever come to wield the Keyblade had it not been for Ventus' heart.
    12. greater_bloo
      greater_bloo
      Hmm...you could be right...after all if we're to take control over Sora again in Kingdom Hearts 3 after Ven's heart leaves him he has a reason to become Level 1 again. XD
    13. redhairedking
      redhairedking
      In BBS, Aqua was unable to sense the potential to wield the Keyblade in Sora. She could feel it in Riku because he received it from Terra. This leads me to believe that Ven's heart is what gives Sora his power. I feel there is also evidence of this in Days (though I don't remember too well because I hated Days). Xion and Roxas were both using the same power, as one grew stronger the other grew weaker. Granted, it can be argued this is Sora's own power, but it could just as easily be Ven's since Roxas has Ven's heart. I feel like I'm just writing incoherent rambling at this point.
    14. Mixt
      Mixt
      She could sense that Riku had done the passing of power, since at the time he was the only one of the two to have done so (Kairi also had, but that is prior to her arriving at the islands). The passing of power in it's simplest form is touching the hilt of keyblade. Now how Sora originally uses the keyblade is a bit of an enigma. Most likely theories are that it was either Riku's or Ven's, since then however Sora has obtained his own. This is evidenced by Roxas dual wielding. Aside from confirmation by Nomura, logically he couldn't be wielding the same keyblade twice. He is actually using both Sora's and Ven's. This also ties backwards into the fight between Roxas and Xion. Roxas and Xion had a yo-yo effect due to them both using Sora's power. As one gained his power, the other lost it. But in the end Xion absorbed enough of Sora to take his form and had her power amplified by the devices that were placed at each battle field. Roxas should never have stood a chance but still managed to come out on top. This would be because he had Ven's power to himself and still had some of Sora's (albeit not much)
    15. redhairedking
      redhairedking
      Thanks for sharing that, the plot of Days confused me to no end.
    16. reptar
      reptar
      Rinzler barely talked so...
      Garret most likely will not be in it either.
      The only person I can really imagine reprising their role is Olivia, if she did so in the Tron Evolution game Kingdom Hearts is not that far off.
    17. eentje
      eentje
      So, we need to save Sora? And he's finaly gonna meet Xion, that will be epic...But I'm wondering, all the persons on the chairs are awake, but Sora is asleep, so why's that? Also, Did you see Shiki's legs behind Neku, or was that just me?
    18. Kaidron Blaze
      Kaidron Blaze
      yay just saw it!!!! Nice to see some new keyblades for sora and riku ^.=.^ also is it just me or when lea is talking to Yin Sid and he talks about a path, is it just me or do people think he is asking Yin Sid for a keyblade to help Sora and Riku?
    19. RoxasJ26
      RoxasJ26
      Wow so amazing, just watched this over 10 times, proves that I should definitely get this game, man hurry up and release it already
    20. Blader
      Blader
      Hmmm....13. That seems to be a reoccurring element in the series, no?
      I've viewed, re-viewed and thought it over. BEST KH Trailer EVAR!!!!!!

Everybody is saying that Xion would meet Sora. Maybe. It would be cute, and depressing. Xion's such a happy/sad girl.

Now......

Uh

Uh

Um.......

To Best Buy to buy a 3-Ds because I have gift card. Come loyal Final Form Xion, TO BEST BUY!!!!!!! XD