Digital Art New Signature

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by HeartofFire, Feb 13, 2012.

1. HeartofFire Traverse Town Homebody

I decided it was time for a new signature and avvy. I had just completed a render of my Yu-Gi-Oh! OC Raven. This was born. My avvy is her render, btw. Crit? No flames, please. And just on the sig, I know the avvy's not all that great.

2. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

I like it. Good color choices, good stock and rendering. Text could be a different color but looks good on the font. Simple and sweet!

3. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I have seen worse, but your execution is lacking. This is my advice.

First off, it is very monotone because you have nothing just varying shades of the same hue. Have you considered using colors other than red? Even if you want to keep it warm, you should deviate into other hues to give it a more colorful feeling.

Second; it appears that your text is the focal point, and it cuts off in strange places. This is probably due to setting the layer to "Burn" or something similar. That is not recommended when you have have black elements in the space; burning does nothing to black. Instead, lower the opacity of the text layer and play with the modes if need be so that it blends with the other layers instead of 'burns' itself onto whatever is below it. The text also is a bit large. Perhaps you should make it smaller so that it does not take up more space than the stock?

Thirdly, you should always upload your images and post them directly. It is bad form to post and tell someone to look to your avatar and signature which may change from one day to the next. Instead, post it so that anyone who comes can see it even after you remove it from your signature.

Also, there seems to be some random text on the wing. Perhaps a credit watermark? From what I can read, it says, "depositphoto" or something something along those lines.

If you do not know: a focal point is a place in the image that the eye gravitates to; you could call it a centerpiece of the signature. They are eye-catching. When you start making a signature, you should decide where you want your focal point(s) to be and aim for an image that makes others look to those areas automatically when they glance over it. This helps generate flow, and knowing how to place them well is an important skill for any artist.

Good luck.

4. Tears_into_Roses Merlin's Housekeeper

I like it! It looks awesome, both of them! (better then what I can do ^^; )

5. HeartofFire Traverse Town Homebody

Aw, thanks! :)

You must have an insanely hi res monitor, as I cannot see that watermark at all. But thank you for telling me. And, thanks for the critique, I will use it to hopefully improve my future work. :)

6. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Not really. It is actually kind of low compared to the standard.

I increased the brightness and contrast of the watermarked area and grayscaled it. Can you see it now?

[​IMG]

You are welcome. Another piece of advice is to make sure that you cannot see the wings through the person. You cannot see through most people.

Ciao.

7. HeartofFire Traverse Town Homebody

Yes, I can see it now, much thanks for both that and the last bit of advice. :)