Non-sexual poll dancing for kids? O.o

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Maka Albarn, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

Though I see that, but I don't think desexualizing pole-dancing is remotely possible. However, if you have moves with the pole that were non-sexual, I could see it working. But is there really that big a difference between dancing on a pole and regular dancing? I fail to see how dancing without a pole will have less of an effect the pole has. Because there are several things you can do without a pole that are equally fun and has the equal effect.

As far as social constructs go, I don't really go with what society "tells" me to... Sexual images are here to stay, and I don't mind that. Of course, the image of sex is often distorded in society, but sex isn't going away. Because of this, I don't think little kids should be jumping around a pole, because unless they even though, at the age of 5-10 they may be unable to fathom that what they're really doing is sexual, but that doesn't, in my opinion, make it any better.

And isn't that why the parents "make" ("make" because the kids might want to do it themselves) the kids work out? To make them what society considers beautiful? I'm not saying exercise is bad at all, but I can't see why kids should have to go to a pole to exercise.

I can't imagine my 6 year old daughter dancing around a pole. I can, however, imagine my 6 year old daughter dancing like an idiot to music.

2. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Consider this: Pole dancing requires different muscles than "regular" dancing. In case you weren't aware, this
    [​IMG]
    requires far more strength (in fact, an impressive amount) in the deltoid(?) and abdominal muscles than, suppose, this:
    [video=youtube;c5G5bD2Do-k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5G5bD2Do-k[/video]

Haruhi couldn't pole dance to save her life. Her Hare Hare Yukai may be pretty sweet, but she'd fall flat on her back if she tried to do what the girl in the above picture is doing. Seriously though, I challenge you to find a better workout for the core muscles that a parent won't struggle to get his/her kid to do.

As for social constructs, they're not about letting society tell you what to do, they're about what society has trained you to think by simple human nature. We all fall victim to them.

And again, it's a different kind of exercise, and one that the kid may enjoy more than a traditional exercise that accomplishes the same end. You have to ask yourself what's better for the kid's mental development. Doing something that you like that is good for you, or doing something that you hate and may very well be painful that mommy and daddy say, "You'll thank us in ten years," when they make you do it. Not sure if you realize this, but a six year old sees ten years the way people our age see 40 years. It seems like such a long time that what you do now can't possibly have an effect on it.

3. Kelly630 Merlin's Housekeeper

hey im open to anything that allows those future ****s to get off thier ass to get money to pay for food to feed the kids (with unknown fathers) instead of using our tax money to pay for them

4. Xamri Merlin's Housekeeper

OMG. You've got to be kidding me. Ok...I'm sorry but while I can deem poll dancing as exercise but it's just like when they put toddlers in corsets and smother them in make-up. They're little kids! They don't know how it can be viewed. In my mind us thinking we can treat kids like young ladies is one of the reason we have such a pedophile problem. In my mind such things shouldn't be even considered until a girl is in her teens when they're more aware and can decide for themselves if they wish to or not.

5. Bubble Master Califa Hollow Bastion Committee

I support exercise for children, but pole dancing carries such a sexual nature that I don't think it'd be a good idea.

It'd need to be taught to them as a form of private exercise and some people see it as a 'bad thing' but it seems so difficult to effectively portray both that it'd probably be a better option not to supply it to kids.

Then again, if parental consent is needed then that should be more than enough in my eyes (the parents are then responsible for teaching their children the associations with pole-dancing and to know when it is or isn't appropriate) The last thing any of us want is pre-teen girls unknowingly doing a burlesque show on the jungle gym in the playground for the eyes of all to see.

6. T3F Chaser

mmkay, I've read through the whole thread and I'm just gonna say no. Pole dancing, regardless of how good a workout it is, just has a sexual nature. I don't approve of little kids in skimpy costumes, makeup and dancing really risque just because its excercise. Hell, 2 years ago I wore a corset and fishnet stockings on stage and I was disgusted with the way I looked (I was 14.) The thing is, pole dancing just looks sexual, and to teach that to children just sets them up to be skanks in the future.

7. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

But, as I've mentioned, what WE consider to be sexual doesn't have to apply to little kids when they grow up. Personally, I see nothing sexual about a fully clothed woman pole dancing. She's just exercising. What about these little kids? Pole dancing doesn't have to be done while nearly naked. If you wanted, you could do it in a tuxedo. And if to children pole dancing holds no sexual implications, they won't see it as sexually as we do in the future.

8. Xamri Merlin's Housekeeper

That may be true but that doesn't change the fact of how others view it. Think about it. If a pedophile sees that kind of thing, no matter how much clothes is on it, they're going to...enjoy the site. And I agree that if a young girl relates it to exercise they might just start doing it on a jungle gym where one can see it. To me it's just begging to have young girls kidnapped left and right by perverts.