Not so confident

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by SmashFan127, Aug 7, 2013.

1. SmashFan127 Traverse Town Homebody

Ok. I have not been feeling so great lately. Family members have been dealing with bad things, and it is draining me of my own sanity, up to the point where I come extremely close to harming others. This also impacts my thoughts, and I see myself being threatened by other people. I dunno how to deal with this situation.

2. Llave Superless Moderator

Is there any way you can see someone who has an appropriate degree or training on helping people? As much as I'd like to think that we are helpful here, a psychologist or someone in that field of work would be the best thing to do if things are getting out of hand.

Aside from that, what do you like to do most? Maybe you could occupy your feelings by drawing or writing or something else expressive. I know when I get really upset, I tend to write poetry to "get it all out" of my system.

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

It's sad how these events can take a toll on us at points in our lives but, as Llave said, it's great to try and find and outlet and just release some tension in any way you see fit. Anger shouldn't be bottled up, you should speak to someone you trust about what you are going through and perhaps seek advice from there.

I don't know what you've gone through but it is completely natural to feel paranoid about being threatened but ask yourself and really think about it, why do I think I will be threatened? What evidence is there to say I will be threatened? It's important to try and see this situation from an objective, rational manner as our brains tend to turn a situation on its head and assume the worst but, I know it's hard, but try to ignore these negative thoughts and try to concentrate on your situation and how to deal with it properly. It's also wise to remember that things probably aren't as bad as you think or they will at least get better with time, positive thinking can be a great thing.

Also, I know it sounds weird, but studies have shown (and I can also attest to this!) that if you smile or sit up or adopt positive body language then it can improve moods without doing anything really. Also, if you do get a bit overwhelmed and feel you may explode at someone then take a moment, close your eyes and take deep breaths as that can help calm you as well. The power of body language on the human psych is incredible.