NSFW: Should women be in the military?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Sara, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Sara Tea Drinker

Isreal is surrounded by conflict, they have a required draft not only because of Gaza, but they're surrounded by countries who hate them. That's what I heard anyway, they do it to keep safe. Again, don't quote me on that, I'm getting this from my memories of Social Studies in high school and my college International Management class.

I would think with it more balanced with men and women it would be less of a problem with the sexual assault issue, but that's just me.

2. Patman Bof

Well, I don' t know how it is in their army in particular, but their population at large is 50/50 too and ...

3. Sara Tea Drinker

4. Patman Bof

You have to keep in mind those are just wild guesses though. The estimations I found about France were 1/10 women but it' s a total asspull.

I did stumble upon something surprising though, remember Sweden ? Their number of reported rapes, as in actually reported, is 60 000 a year, which is up to 20 times the number reported in other european countries. Proportionally speaking that number makes them the second country in the world, right under Congo. They have it so bad some of their female students are wearing chastity belts !!! 82% of their women are afraid to go out at night, and their amount of gang rapes have increased by 377% between 1995 and 2006. I think that would explain why their politicians don' t dismiss the issue.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014