Old Disney vs new Disney

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by AlexleHoshi, Mar 30, 2008.

?

Which is better?

1. Old Disney films

98.8%
  2. New Disney films

1.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

My thoughts exactly with this thread.

2. Love Kingdom Keeper

In a world where the sunset casts slender shadows
    I know . . . horrible isn't it ? D:

3. Repliku Chaser

I have to say I prefer old Disney. I was glad to see 'Enchanted' touched back on some of the old ways and was a great movie. It's the best movie I've seen since the Lion King. The newer stuff is okay and I have varied opinions depending on which film it is. Animated movies like Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Aladdin, the Little Mermaid, the Lion King, Peter Pan etc just seemed more intriguing to me for some reason and even had a darkness to them that isn't seen anymore.

That's not to say after Enchanted though and a few expectations of new movies along the way that Disney doesn't seem to be going back to its roots, which I really hope it does.

4. blue_neon Traverse Town Homebody

I would like to say the old ones because its so good I like:
    • Hercules
    • Lion King 1
    • Lady and the tramp both
    • Dalmations all

5. Spunk Ransom you're already perfect

Def. old Disney. I feel as if they put a little more "magic" into them. That new movie Wall-E or whatever it is, seems pretty odd. The guy looks like the robot from Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I think that old Disney will always win in my case.

6. pirateking_luffy Banned

old disney for the.you just can't beat classic's just no way there the best.for expection of the potc trigoly.i mean cars just can't compare to fantssia or snow white or lion king.
    my fav would be bambi and dumbo,cause the awesomeness of those two are just like over 900000000

7. Katsquatch Klone #5 Twilight Town Denizen

The old Disney movies were my favorite, partially because of the fact that that's the kind of movies I grew up watching. One of the new things I dislike about Disney movies are the changes in the way they used colors in their more recent movies/shows (such as the animated portions of Enchanted and Lilo and Stich 2, not Stitch has a Glitch). I rather liked the darker colors, not the bright ones :/ Stupid reason but it drives me crazy.

8. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

The songs got annoying if it was all about love.(Beauty and Beast,etc.) though Mulan was really good,also the Lion King,Hercules,and Aladdin.

New films like POTC are just kickass.

I cant choose one over the other,both sides have an advantage.

9. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

Im a hater. XD

I picked New Disney. Mainly cuz I watched too much of the old ones and a too little of the new ones so the oldies get "old".

10. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Old ones. The new ones are getting annoying.

11. sora_i_can_do_this Traverse Town Homebody

I like Pirates of the Carribbean and Pixar films,

but I despise anything Disney Channel Original Movie or Straight to Video/DVD sequel(except the Aladdins)

But I have to go with old Disney.

Lion King to this day is still my favorite animated movie.

12. Sion Traverse Town Homebody

I like a few of the new Disney movies. Like Brother Bear, it reminded me a little bit of Pocahontas. And that was a good movie to me, plus I adored Mel Gibson even at that small of an age. XD Though a few of the others were mean't to crash and burn, before they could even fly.

I haven't seen it myself, my sister said that the second Atlantis sucked in comparison to the first and she deleted the recording! :< I want to go off on my own opinion, so hopefully I'll catch it one day.

So, I'll stick with Old Disney, but I like some of the recent Disney films.

13. Selennie Merlin's Housekeeper

Wow! People rly like old Disney!
    I think they're kind "evoluting" and I don't think that's bad, only diferent, but the olders reminds me of my childhood <3

If I have children one day I'll make them watch all the old ones. =3

14. Princess Snow White I feel such an isomniac.

I like the old ones better.
    But I liked POTC and Meet the Robinsons.
    I say old.

15. jsko90 Destiny Islands Resident

LOL wow, so far only 1 person has voted for new disney.

I personally prefer old disney. New disney as many of you have already said, lacks the magic that old disney brought to many of our childhoods. New disney may have better animation/graphics but old disney had way better songs and stories. New disney does not even have any songs anymore, just instrumental music, and it's really a shame because the songs were one of the things that made the movies so popular. I really miss all those great songs disney used to come up with like "Can you feel the love tonight?", "Colors of the Wind", "Won't Say I'm in Love", " Whole New World" etc. Those songs and those movies will be classics forever.

16. Enigmatic Boy Twilight Town Denizen

Old Disney. While the animation itself is worse, the stories are simply classics. And the music is so awesome. The newer Disney movies rely mainly on special effects and stuff. Thats why I like old Disney :D

17. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Old disney films are what i like...

18. cronoking Chaser

Old disney delivered the goods and kept some grace. New disney just seems like some factory popping out whatever cartoon or sitcom that hasnt already been thought of. I mean, I love oogling Brenda Song as the much as the next guy but a person can only take so much shoddy acting and bad puns.

19. {feel.the.wrath} Hollow Bastion Committee

Old Disney. So much better. So much.

20. Dove Syndrome Traverse Town Homebody

Old Disney. I grew up with the old disney and it's sad now that the new disney doesn't have the disney magic anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.