Old Disney vs new Disney

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by AlexleHoshi, Mar 30, 2008.

?

Which is better?

1. Old Disney films

98.8%
  2. New Disney films

1.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. king Merlin's Housekeeper

Old Disney

New Disney made Bridge to Terabithia...:mad: That aside. They only do 3-D now, So what if they return to cartoons for the frog princess. It does not matter, the only thing they are doing to the old stuff is rapeing them, including Power Rangers. Sorry for ranting.

2. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

I definitely vote OLD DISNEY. They always had the DISNEY MAGIC. They were absolutely amazing and wonderful. The stories were beautiful and they had a meaning to them, a point in each and every one of them. They were all UNIQUE in their own little ways. That's what made them special.

The new Disney movies. . . well they aren't all bad, but most them lack the special touch. PotC, I must say was an awesome job done, but aside from that, most other movies were no longer entertaining, and often lacked a good plot [IMO]. But, again, not all the new ones are bad, some of them do stand out from the others. Yet, the new Disney cannot be compared to the CLASSICS.

3. Absol Hollow Bastion Committee

The new disney movies are fail.

4. Hayabusa Venomous

Old Disney. Makes me sad to know that they'll never make movies like that again :(

5. Sara Tea Drinker

Definatly old... I'll never forget Lion King or Beauty and the Beast. And I usually hate romance. It was darker, but it had a ton of magic and charm.

The new ones are very cut back on all of that, they made it almost too childish, with Hanna Montana, Wall-E and all that jazz. PoTC, yes, it was mature, but it also kinda killed something in Disney at the same time, and I loved the first movie. The other two were okay.

6. Bond of Flame I'm an alien

The new movies kick ass. But the okld ones take the cake. You know Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Tarzan, Mulan, etc

7. Trigger hewwo uwu

Old disney is the best. New disney cant even compare =/

8. Haseo Knight of Light

Old Disney. Too many sucky sequels in New Disney.

9. Trigger hewwo uwu

That too =/ Theres like 3 cinderella movies, a new little mermaid...

The only sequal that was actually okay was the lion king 1 1/2 and 2 =/

10. on mirrors edge Traverse Town Homebody

old disney, definatley, although, new disney doesnt exactly disappoint, if you look at the disney company while walt was still alive, he used to do all kinds of things....everything from animation, to live action, to documentaries(no joke). this new disney follows the stream more than it used to so we cant be angry at them, although i dont think disney company should make sequals unless they can get all of thw original actors/voice actors, otherwise, it just ruins it, which is the problem we see with all of these new movies.

11. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

As the biggest difference is the style of course, from 2d to 3d i would say the old disney i mean i am in love with Lion King or the pretty cool etchy style of the 101 Dalmations

too true :/ like you see no more princesses though *yeah and i already know a Rapunzel movie and A frog princess movie too kay?*

12. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

Old school rules!!!!!:cheers:

13. Hubba-Bubba-Bubbles Hollow Bastion Committee

I like the old movies I don't know why they are just better in a way.​

14. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

I'm a very oooold person when it comes to Disney, and I can honestly say there's something special in the older movies. I don't mean picture quality or the point in time the story was based in: I'm talking about the talent behind it.

Maybe it's because there were a lot more available ideas back in the late 80's and early 90's (yes, kiddies, I'm that old...stay off my lawn), but they animators and story tellers...they really didn't have to try making those movies: It all just flowed so naturally, that it practically told itself. The ideas they added that weren't in the original stories were cute, clean, and fun.

The newer Disney films (especially the ones with Pixar), look like they're trying to be more for adult audiences. Some of the ideas were original, like 'A Bug's Life' and 'The Incredibles', but there were plenty of 'hidden meanings' that just weren't appropriate (i.e., Syndrome explaining why he couldn't have 'BS' on his costume). Granted, some movies like 'Tarzan' have escaped this, but for the most part they have been either too hard, or by trying to bring some of the older movies back by making a bunch of sequels that tend to ruin what we once knew of the original films.

Like some people have mentioned, there's a certain magic in the older movies. I watched 'Aladdin' for the first time in ten years the other day: I fell out of my chair laughing after the first ten minutes of the film. You just can't beat those kinds of classics.

15. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

Could be the storylines or the qualities of the animation.

16. P Banned

I forget what the original was like, I think I missed that era. Either that or I was too young, and forgot it. But I watched Night on Bald Mountain a while back, and I liked that. I also occasionally stumble upon an old Mickey mouse short. Great stuff.

The old stuff was a lot darker. Far less PC.

17. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

They both are really good. But Old was a tad better. I don't know why.

18. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

Pretty much the old disney.
    because they hand drawn cartoon movies in the thearters back then.
    Now, they decided to make CG movies and start to quit on making hand drawn movies.
    Well, They still make them but they do not make anymore in the theaters.

19. P Banned

When you say old and new Disney, what qualifys for both? Is Mulan old, or new? Mulan 2? Are the "Disney original movies" included in the New range?

20. Senbonzakura Kageoshi Kingdom Keeper

hmm id perfer the old ones but barely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.