Old Disney vs new Disney

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by AlexleHoshi, Mar 30, 2008.

?

Which is better?

1. Old Disney films

98.8%
  2. New Disney films

1.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finale Wannabe Nobody

the old classical ones are better, better story and not as dumb DX

i think it started slowly getting worse when they made The Black Cauldron, worst disney film ever.

2. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

It matters when opinion on the movies which people consider old and new. If you are talking about the movies that Walt Disney made like Old Yeller, Fox and the Hound, 101 Dalmations, Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Bambi, etc since they are a truck load of them until his death where Jungle Book was actually his last one made- though Robin Hood was on the story board with the story line and cel characters all ready to go. Then that might as well, be the end of old disney until his brother took over the name, but in respect keeping the name alive in his name. Techniquely we wouldn't even have these other films if he was an only child. That is if you want to think of it that way.

I think that after the movies after the Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King, Hercules, Mulan, Emperor's New Groove, Tarzan, Pichahontas, untilt they came up with The Atlatantis movie- Disney starting going down hill. They started making sequals of some disney classics, where they killed a few of them. Then they killed the newer ones where some of them have series now.

In demand of popularity . Aladdin, Hercules, 101 Dalmations, Lion King, Little Mermaid, Emperor's New School, all became series and every one of those series has a sequel except for Hercules. Jungle Book- spin off Tale Spin.

Sequels can be okay, but often they suck as they destroy the characters and their relation to other characters by adding fresh new characters in he mix especially where they don't belong them. However Aladdin 3 was better than Aladdin Return of the Jafar (the animation had terrible animation that looks like it was drawn in by an amateur) which was surprising. Most of the o other sequals seem to forced and the songs are really annoying. The stupidest thing about a sequal is where they 'insert' part 2 of a disney character who is already grown up. They should call it Prequel for example Tarzan 2 should be called, The prequel of Tarzan, the same goes for Bambi 2. Those characters are grown up....-__- It made no sense, with part anything....

Though POTC saga were outstanding disney movies. And Enchanted was good as well. Then from there, it depends on the style of the movie and the story line Though I do like a few of the Pixar movies such as Toy story. SO I say old disney, but also a bit of new disney if you want to call some of those movies new, but they are newer.

3. Egypt Twilight Town Denizen

I like both myself but I like old Disney better. I wish they would go back to 2d animations but I'm glad that the Princess and the Frog is going to be in 2d like the old Disney.

4. MSUK Twilight Town Denizen

Old disney. Mainly because the movies had feeling and lacked the idiotic concepts that disney conjures up at this day. So far, I've been extremely unsatisfied with every sequel they've released; Lion King 3? what the **** was that? they pretty much removed almost all of the grace from the 2 original movies.
    Disney are losing it. With the introduction of more live actions and episodic TV shows, they've slowly lost their plot.
    Every company sells themselves out at some point, I suppose.

I laughed at how only one person voted for new disney.

5. 007 Hollow Bastion Committee

I liked disney when it was 2-D and their channel wasn't taken over by sitcoms, particularly hanna Montana imitators. The only problem with the 2-D? STRAIGHT TO VIDEO!

6. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Idk, I think I prefered the old one more then the new one. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like the new films that come out from Disney, but only the once per year ones (Monsters Inc, Wall-E, ect). all the stuff they put on disney channle now, even highschool musical. Idk, it just doesn't seem like what it used to be, ya know what I'm sayen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.