One-Winged Angel onomotopia

Discussion in 'Music' started by JackS27, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtrace Merlin's Housekeeper

Yep I'm pretty good at pointing out old news, but I'm glad I could help clear up the subject. But there is only one minor thing with this latin. Its not the latin. Thats how it was explained to me.

2. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Your translation is quite wrong. That goes for the song from the movie. It's quite different from the original. Mi fili means my son so it actually says " come my son ". And yes lyrics are based on Carmina burana.

3. rtrace Merlin's Housekeeper

4. JackS27 Twilight Town Denizen

I trust Wikipedia about as far as I can throw it, but you're right that it is all latin.

And this topic died a long time ago. It was cool to see it again, and I hope it gets stumbled upon again in the future.

5. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Don't mind if I do. =)

Lyrically, you can tell right away it's not Japanese if you see a consistency in consecutive consonants and 'illegal Japanese', and ends in consonants (ex. Estuans: there's no 'tu' in Japanese, consecutive consonants (st), and it ends in 's').

Phonemically, you can tell the difference by the way they pronounce their vowels. Japanese is sung (excluding a very specific sect of Japanese Opera) using what's called 'spread vowel singing'. Most western music follow an established standard norm that's called 'open vowel singing', which emphasizes more hollow, rich, resonant pronunciations of vowels. They also emphasize a 'north-south' formation of the lips, whereas spread-vowel singing is more 'east-west'. Open-vowel singing is modeled after the Latin pronunciation of the vowels.

6. rtrace Merlin's Housekeeper

Dude I have an above average IQ...but I have no idea what the hell you just said! Could I get that in English please?

I only trust wikipdia from time to time....I trust them on this one becuase I have it from another website that confirms the fact that the song is all latin. I was mostly concerned with the section everyone else was concerned with that I didn't notice the song was all latin.

7. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Dude..Jack.... xD

I thought it was saying: "Oh no, the symphony. All on the MST, SEPHIROTH."

MST as in the Mystical Typhoon Yugioh card. ¬.¬

8. JackS27 Twilight Town Denizen

Aww, not Mystery Science Theatre 3000? It's a much better show, in my opinion. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.