Organization Misfits VI

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by burnitup, Jun 15, 2010.

1. burnitup Still the Best 1973

That's perfectly alright! So what have you been up too? :3

2. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

Drawing, gaming, watching RT video podcasts. Some irl stuff with Pride week, ppy, and a local fandom group.
    I make it sound like a lot but really I'm pretty lazy...

3. burnitup Still the Best 1973

What's Pride week?

4. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

It's LGBTQA stuff. The major event is the Pride Parade but the week leading up to it has a lot of fun festivities... some more or less kid friendly. I've gone to a BBQ, did Radical Cheerleading at a rally with the PPY group, and today I'll be going to a documentary with two of my friends. There's a all ages dry dance coming up and a coffehouse open mic night for spoken word I'd sort of like to go to, but those are both just a maybe right now.

I guess most people just call it gay pride but it really encompasses everyone, so yeah.

5. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Sounds rather fun. So I take it you are LGBTQA or something? Also the mention of BBQ has made me hungry. And what is radical cheerleading?

So if it encompasses everyone does that include straight people?

6. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

Yeah, there's some fancy two part title for what I guess I identify as but I really don't give a crap about it anymore, everyone should just do what they want and stop having hissy fits about it.
    Radial cheerleading basically takes traditional cheerleading and flips it on its ass. It's a form of activism seen at rallys and marches where you make easy repeatable cheers that crowds can pick up on and join in with, while conveying an actual message.

A group favourite was
    Hey hey! Ho ho! ___phobia's got to go!
    With the phobia part being swapped in with homo, trans, bi, etc.

Yeah, a ton to straight people come and enjoy the festivities too, I mean as long as nobody is an ******* (on either side) they're welcomed. Its all about support and pride in who you are ad if you're straight that's not something you can just up and change so we all just are cool with eachother.
    To be fair there's the dumb shits on both sides who dislike each other over something so damn trivial. I've seen straight shaming before and it's just jawdroppingly stupid.

7. burnitup Still the Best 1973

EVERY MAN WILL BE FREE TO FIGHT HIS OWN WARS! ...Sorry. ._.
    Hmm, that does sound rather interesting.

Is biphobia an actually phobia, or is it just an extent of homophobia? I need to look that up later.

Hmm, I see.

8. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

I would say yes it is, because there's people who will accept hetero and homosexuals but shame bisexuals.
    Actually there's a lot of that.... its sad.

Basically a general rule to go by is people can be offended by the existence of anybody or anything and act discriminatory to said thing.

9. burnitup Still the Best 1973

That doesn't make any sense to me. Why would anyone be okay with straights and gays but not be okay with bis? Is it the whole "swing both ways" thing?

So idiots?

10. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

There's that, there's hate from gay communities about 'not being gay enough', there people who don't believe being bisexual is actually a thing you can be (pray no one ever try to explain pansexual to them...) There's a multitude of reasons people think poorly of the bi community, all of which make so little sense.

Basically, yeah.

11. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I just... what? Do they realize how hypocritical that line of thinking is?

I just... arggh...

12. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

That's the thing, a lot of people don't.
    I wanted to bring up an example I had seen on my dash so I checked the biphobia tag on tumblr and wow scrolling through it it's always a shock to see just how awful people can be towards others and the stories people share of these lowpoints in humanity.

It's a pretty common issue too actually, not being ___ enough. A very good friend of mine is FtM and he's a great guy, huge heart and one hell of a sad puppy face. Obviously, he's trans, he's on testosterone shots and he's saving towards top surgery. He was (emphasis on the was) part of a trans* support group but because he didn't spend his days like... blogging about trans issues and having his WHOLE LIFE be about being trans they really treated him harshly and kicked him out.
    He just wanted to live a normal life as the gender he is, but the people there decided it wasn't enough to just be trans you had to LIVE trans or some **** like that.

13. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Humanity will always be full of asshats.

...You can't be serious. Seriously? Seriously?! Seriously. That has to be the worst support group I have ever heard in my entire fucking life. Those people are just awful people, I mean... AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

14. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

Unfortunately I'm dead serious.
    This part of Canada is one of the best places for the non standard straight cis person so I've heard and it's still a bag of dicks.That's why we have to keep fighting and keep having Pride and make sure problems are heard and known. There's a lot more problems than just winning gay marriage.

15. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Well kika, I believe I've learned something today.

16. burnitup Still the Best 1973

And knowing is half the ba- No, no. That's too obvious...

Well it's good that things are going good for you.
    Hey, one step at a time, my friend. One step at a time.

17. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

Amen to that. Whats new with you burnitup?

18. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Eh, nothin' much with me going on. Just thinking up ideas for a video game.

You?

19. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

20. burnitup Still the Best 1973

A game where you hunt dragons with modern weaponry. To get the basic idea think of a third person shooter crossed with XCOM: Enemy Unknown or Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker crossed with Shadow of the Colossus. The idea is that you have a base which you have to manage, you have soldiers which you can form into squad and you get more off by upgrading your base's barracks, you get mission that involve hunting down and slaying dragons. Said dragons are boss battles.