Organization XIII Lexas's Story

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Loriah, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Loriah Banned

Hey, guys. I just created a fan version of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days. My nobody's character name is Lexas. She's Number XV of the Organization.
    I hope you guys enjoy. If you have any other suggestions, you can comment below. I know it's pretty long, but fight on till the end! ^ ^ If you guys comment, then I'll send you the second chapter and the whole story when I'm finished. :D

Chapter One
    I stand before what seems to be like a group of people wearing hoods, sitting on high seats shaped like a circle.
    "And you are?" I look up into the eyes of a tan-skinned man with long white hair looking down at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes like this would be amusing. "I'm No. XV--Lexas..." I say the words out slowly so that the other people sitting on the high seats would get the idea, but they seemed bored like this happened almost everyday. Someone catches my eye though--a boy about my age wearing the same hood as I am with spiky brown hair. I could sense power in him--much stronger than mine's. "Ah-hem." I look up and I see the tan-skinned man looking down at me with annoyance. "Since you're a newbie--I guess Roxas and Axel will give you the pointers about being a Nobody." He pointed to a spiky-redhead and the boy from before.​
    "So--what's your name, newb?" The spiky-redhead walks beside me after the meeting. "Lexas." I mutter. "Hm? What's that?" The spiky-redhead cupped his hand to his ear like he was deaf. "Lexas!" I said much louder. "Better. Mine's Axel by the way." Axel smiled widely and he pulled the boy with spiky brown hair from before over to us. "This here is my best pal Roxas." Roxas grinned at me and said, "Hi." "We knew each other since this guy over here was a newb like you." Roxas frowned. "But I'm not a newb anymore, am I?" Axel shook his head. "Nah--but Lexas here is. Let's show Lexas some pointers, shall we?"​
    "Alright--let's start with combat." Axel stretched and yawned loudly. I stared at him. "That's combat?" Axel let out a laugh. "Nah--I'm just tired and right now, I don't feel like fighting. How about Roxas here show you the pointers?" Roxas glowered at Axel. "You owe me. C'mon." He grabbed my hand and pulled me aside.​
    "Combat is essential if you're to be attacked by a Heartless." Roxas tells me as he summons what seemed to look like a keyblade. I look at him with confusion. "What's a--" "Heartless? They're nasty little buggers who like to steal the hearts of other people." I winced. "That can't be good." Roxas nodded. "Yep--you're right, so instead of just standing there and letting the Heartless steal your heart, you fight back with a weapon. Do you have a weapon by any chance?" I shrugged. "I don't know..." "You don't know unless you try. Try and call your weapon to you." I closed my eyes and instantly, two silver long-bladed crescent-shaped swords appeared in both of my hands. Roxas whistled. "Yup--those are probably yours. C'mon--I'll show you a Heartless and try not to faint will you?"​
    "What is that?" I point to a black creature with pointy ears folded back. Roxas clenched his knuckles. "Now that's a Heartless. Do me a favor and go kill it for me, will you?" I opened my mouth in protest, but I frowned. "All right, then--" I lunged at the Heartless.​
    "Block! He's going to attack you!" Roxas called out to me. "Huh?" Just like that, I let my guard down and the Heartless slashed at my chest. Immediately, pain flowed through me and I winced, staggering a few feet away from the Heartless. "You should've told me that before!" I shouted at Roxas. "Look out!" Roxas covered his eyes with his hands as the Heartless slashed at me. For a sudden moment, I sensed the attack and dodged it, slashing at the Heartless and dissipated it.​
    Roxas whistled in approval. "That my friend is combat. Now--let's go and get some ice cream, shall we?" "Huh? What's that?" "I'll show you." Roxas smiled and we both trudged towards Axel.​
    "I saw the whole thing--excellent stuff, Lexas." Me, Roxas, and Axel both sat on the top roof of a train station, which was fifty buildings high. My feet dangled dangerously and I have to keep from gaping at the very ground below. I look back at Axel and forced a smile. "Yeah--thanks." I licked the top of my ice cream and let out a sigh. "So--this is what ice cream's like? It tastes equally sweet and salty to me." Axel let out a laugh. "Yeah--that's what Roxas said when he first tried Seasalt ice cream." Roxas let out a laugh. "Yeah--I remember. Good old days, huh?" Axel slapped a hand on Roxas's back playfully and they both laughed. "You guys are weird." I looked at the sunset, but secretly, I wished this day would never end and me, Roxas, and Axel would always have ice cream together. But I had my hopes up too soon.​

The next day after the mission of destroying Heartless with Roxas and Axel, we sat at the same train station. This time, though, I broke the silence by pulling over my hood and letting my silver long hair flow down. I smiled at Roxas and Axel and they stared at me stupidly. I frowned and put my arms across my chest. “Are boys always stupid?” I continue to eat my ice cream while Axel nudged Roxas and asked him, “Are you going to ask her?” Roxas blushed. “No!” He pushed Axel and they both laughed.

The next day, I woke up and stretched, wondering what today would be like and walked down to the meeting room where I was to be assigned a mission. I sit down on one of the crescent-looking chairs in the room and waited. “Hey—how’s the newb doing?” I turn and I come face-to-face with a guy with brown spiky hair and a playful smile. In his hand, he held what seems to look like a weapon of some sort. I frowned. “What kind of weapon is that?” The brown spiky haired dude laughed. “It’s a weapon alright—it’s also my instrument. I like to play on it. Want to listen?” He edged in closer to me and I looked away. “Hey, Demyx!” Axel walked towards my direction with a smile on his face like this was the greatest day yet. He put his arm around Demyx and grinned. “Don’t worry, Lexas—he won’t bite. He’s just a regular guy who likes to play his Sitar.” I narrowed my eyes. “A Sitar?” Axel nodded. “Yep—I’ve come to tell you that me and you both have the same mission today. It’ll be a blast—I promise you."

“When you say this is a mission—it doesn’t seem like one.” I mutter to myself as both me and Axel walk down the road of Twilight town. Axel grinned at me. “No worries—it’ll be like any mission. Promise me.” I put my hands inside my pockets and followed Axel since there was nothing else better to do.
    “Alright—do you know where this place is?” Axel pointed to the train station where me, him, and Roxas always went after a mission. “I’m not stupid—this is the Sandlot—of course I know where that is.” Axel chuckled. “Feasty, huh? Well—you’re right. This place is called the Sandlot.” I put my arms across my chest and frowned. “What do you really want, Axel? This isn’t a mission, which I’m guessing…” “Let’s continue, shall we?” Axel said.
    “Axel—where are you trying to—“ Axel put a finger to my lips to shush me. “Let’s just go on with the tour, alright? Nothing to worry about.” Something in my mind told me to run, but I clenched my fists. “I swear—if you try anything funny, I’ll…” “Beat me up and throw me aside?” Axel offered. I spit at the ground. “I might. Now—what would you want to show me?” “This.” Axel grinned and we walk through a hole in the wall and found ourselves in a forest full of trees. At the end of the forest was a mansion with a huge padlock in the center.

Just looking at the mansion sparked a memory in my mind like I should know the place, but the memory was distant and unnerving. “Hey, Lexas—you alright?” I nodded my head weakly and pointed to the gates that were padlocked. “Why are we here, Axel?” Axel snorted. “Well? Isn’t it pretty obvious? We’re here to investigate—that’s what.” I narrowed my eyes. “Investigate what exactly?” “The mansion, silly—Saïx told me and you, by the way, to investigate it, but I don’t know why exactly…” Axel scratched his head like the idea irritated him. “You know what? Let’s go—the sun’s going down soon and this mansion’s giving me the creeps.” As we left, I caught a sight of a girl with blond hair wearing a white dress looking down at me from the top window of the mansion.

Hm—who was that girl? The same thought replayed over and over in my mind. “Hey, Lexas! Earth to Lexas!” I sit up and Axel frowned at me. “What? Do I have something on my face?” I ask. Axel shook his head. “Nah—it’s just…you’ve been acting weird ever since we went to that mansion. You sure you’re alright?” I nod. “Yup. Hey…where’s Roxas?” “Probably out on an important mission—seriously…why should you worry about him? Do you—“ Axel made a poker face. I whack him in the head and he shut up instantly. “Ow—alright…I was just asking.” I stare out into the distance for a while and spoke aloud, “Do you think we have hearts, Axel?” For a minute, Axel was silent, then he finally spoke, “Dunno—most Nobodies don’t have hearts. We’re just fragments of a memory.” “I wish I remembered who I was.” I hugged myself and closed my eyes, hoping for a sign, but nothing came to mind of my old past. Suddenly, Axel let out a laugh that surprised me. He sat up and looked directly into my eyes. “You know what? If we remembered our recent pasts—I wouldn’t be able to eat ice cream with you or Roxas.” I smiled. “Yeah—you’re right…” But something in the back of my mind was nagging at me to know who my true identity really is.

That night, I had a dream of walking on a beach and gazing at the night sky, holding hands with a boy who had spiky red hair like Axel’s. He smiled at me and I felt warmth flowing through my body as though I’ve knew him all along.

The next day was the same as always—going on missions to defeat Heartless with my best friend, Axel. The next day was different, however, since I had to go to Agrabah with Demyx, who only plays on his Sitar to defeat the Heartless while I slash at them with my two swords. After the mission, I go to the train station and wait for Axel and Roxas to come so that we could enjoy ice cream, but strangely, they didn’t, so I just went back to the castle.
    I wake up and went to the meeting room as usual. I spot Axel, looking out the glass window and I went up to him. “Hey, Axel—where’s Roxas?” Axel looked at me with a grim expression and I knew that Roxas hadn’t returned yet from his last mission.
    “Where do you think Roxas is at, Axel?” I ask. Axel shrugs. “Dunno. He might be anywhere—let’s just search for him, shall we?” I nod. “Alright—I hope we find him.” We both jump into the portal and found ourselves at Twilight town.

I collapsed on top of Axel and he fell over. I got up and dusted myself off, looking around for any signs that Roxas would be here. I sighed and put my hands in my pockets. “Let’s go and search the whole town, alright?” Axel asked. I nod. “All right.”
    I sat down and frowned. “Couldn’t find him anywhere.” Axel sat beside me and nodded. “Yep—I wonder where he would go off to…” I close my eyes and opened them again and scanned the whole area. Then, I spotted a figure wearing a black hood like ours and I shot up. “There!” I pointed at the hooded finger and ran towards him.

“Hey, Lexas! Wait up!” Axel ran behind me and I summoned both of my blades to my hands. I was almost close to the hooded figure when he jumped off the building and took off in the opposite direction. “Stop right there!” I jumped into the air and shot towards the hooded figure, slashing at him with my blades, but he easily dodged them. I grit my teeth in frustration and the hooded figure just stood there, waiting for me to attack him. “Roxas—what’re you doing?” The hooded figure didn’t answer, instead, he took off running again much to my annoyance.

In about an hour, Axel came to my side and started to wheeze. “Seriously, Lexas—don’t go running off like that, will you?” I gripped two of my blades and faced him, certainty getting the better of me. “That was not Roxas. He wore the same coat like ours, but he’s not one of us.” Axel summoned both of his weapons and put one up to his chin as if he was thinking. “There have been reports of a hooded figure running around Twilight town, pretending to be us. I think he might be him…” “C’mon—let’s chase this hooded figure down.” I say and both me and Axel both ran in the direction where the hooded figure ran off last. A few miles ahead, I spotted the hooded figure standing beside the hole in the wall where the forest and the mansion sat. The hooded figure spotted us and ran through the hole and into the forest ahead. Me and Axel ran after him and found ourselves surrounded by Heartless.

There were more Heartless than I’ve ever fought before surrounded both me and Axel. Some looked down at us from nearby trees while other lingered on the ground. “More fun for me then.” Axel said with a glint in his eyes. “Don’t be a showoff, Axel—let the both of us face these guys.” Just like that, both me and Axel lunged and slashed at nearby Heartless who tried to attack us.

I huffed and fell to the ground, exhausted. Axel just stood, proud and strong and stretched. “You should work out, more, Lexas.” he said. I frown at him and put my blades aside. “These weapons are more than I could handle, Axel. Unlike you, I at least listen to Saïx while you and Roxas goof off.” Axel made an ick face. “It’s no fun just obeying orders from Saïx, Lexas—you should try and have fun sometime.” “And why exactly should I—?” Axel suddenly grabbed me and pulled me aside and a weapon that looked deadly sharp appeared in Axel’s chest.

“Axel!” I catch Axel before he could fall to the ground. Axel grinned up at me and pulled out the weapon. “Guess I couldn’t let you get hit instead, huh? It sure is weird…” I look down at Axel and said, “Stupid—you could’ve died without my permission…” I wiped away a tear and turned in the direction of where the weapon came from and spotted the same hooded figure from before.

“You!” Rage erupted inside of me and I ran towards the hooded figure, holding tightly onto my two blades. I jumped in the air and slashed at him with ferocity, but the hooded figure dodged my attacks easily. I kept on slashing at him and actually caught him off guard. The hooded figure staggered backwards and to my surprised, he summoned two keyblades and slashed at me with much more speed than I expected. I felt myself lose grip on my two blades, but I fought on, mostly slashing and dodging the hooded figure’s attacks. I slashed upwards and forced the hooded figure’s hood to fly off. The hooded figure was a boy with long gray hair who wore a blindfold so his eyes weren’t showing. He noticed that his hood flew off and he jumped into a nearby tree and ran off.

“Axel! Please wake up!” I cry as I carried Axel and ran for a nearby portal back to the castle. As I reappeared in the meeting room, I accidentally knocked over Demyx, who was playing on his Sitar and sitting on one of the crescent-shaped chairs in the room. “Oh hey! What’s up, Lexas?” Demyx noticed Axel and his expression turned serious. “Never mind—let’s get Axel up to his room, shall we?”

Axel’s room wasn’t I’d expect as neat. Crumpled up pieces of paper littered the floor and a picture of him and Roxas was hung up on a nearby wall. Demyx laid Axel on his bed and he snored on, probably not knowing what actually happened to him. I walk out of the room with Demyx. “You think he’ll be alright?” I ask. Demyx let out a laugh. “No worries—knowing Axel, he’d probably get up and be his old cranky self the next day. Let’s go to the meeting room, alright?” I nod and followed Demyx down the long staircase.
    As both me and Demyx walked into the meeting room, I spotted
    Saïx and walked towards him. “The hooded figure attacked us and Axel, he…” The cold look in Saïx’s eyes made me falter on what word to say, but I continued, “Axel…he got wounded, and…” “You couldn’t do anything—is that it?” My lips quavered and I give a slight nod of my head. “Actually, Axel saved my life, Saïx—he took a hit to the chest instead of letting me get hit instead.” Saïx looked away, like the matter didn’t concern him. “It seems we’ve lost a team member—but no matter…I’ll assign you a new mission tomorrow."

2. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

This is good, but I have a few questions. First, where's Xion? Second, why XVI? Who's XV? Aside from that, I like the start.

3. Loriah Banned

Wow--thanks :D Unfortunately, I haven't yet added Xion to the story, but I will later... To answer your question what XVI means, it means 15 in Roman numerals. If you'd like, I'd private message you the second chapter of the series.

4. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Actually I believe XV is Fifteen in roman Numerals and XVI is sixteen. And how is it fair that one reader gets to see the next chapter before the rest? Anyway I have to say good chapter I will be watching this topic from now on. And I will be watching how you use Demyx and Zexion in this.

5. Loriah Banned

Thanks ^ ^ I'll be sure to send you the second chapter too. I guess I'll have to change Lexas's number. :P

6. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Considering you have added more to the first post I can say still good. But I would suggest you make a new post for the next part otherwise how will your readers know when the next part is up?

7. Loriah Banned

Yep--that's what I'm going to do now. :D The rest of the story's going to come up soon after I copy and paste it from Word.

8. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Thanks! I'd like that. :D Oh, and I'm pretty sure XVI=16 not 15.

9. Loriah Banned

CHAPTER TWO
    THE NEXT DAY DIDN'T SEEM AS EXCITING WITHOUT EITHER ROXAS OR AXEL, BUT I TRIED MY BEST BY DESTROYING HEARTLESS AS BEST I COULD.

“Too slow—make sure you counter the attack then slash. But other than that, you’re getting better.” Demyx said with a convincing nod. I put down my two blades and wheezed. I turned to Demyx and glowered at him. “What’re you talking about? You don’t even attack—yet be useful at some times.” Demyx looked offended. “I do fight, Lexas! You should’ve seen me with Xigbar—“ I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, right—Xigbar likes to work on his own. He doesn’t need help from the likes of you.” Demyx whistled. “Not too upbeat, huh? Mission’s over—I guess…” Demyx summoned a portal and both me and him jumped through.

After the next day’s mission, which was always the usual, I walked to the train station and walked up the stairs to the top. I sat down and felt the wind blow against me. It was so relaxing that I didn’t notice Axel until he said, “Boo.” I jumped back and summoned my two blades, but Axel just laughed. “It’s just me, alright? If you’re looking for a fight—I can give you a fight, but not now, alright?” I nod and Axel grinned, holding up two ice cream bars.

I sat with Axel and we both ate ice cream, looking down at the ground from the top of the train station. No one spoke for a while, but Axel finally said, “How’re you doing with your training, Lexas?” I took one bite out of the ice cream and replied, “My training’s going pretty well, but—what about you?” Axel let out a laugh. “No worries, Lexi—I’m doing pretty well myself.” I glowered at Axel. “Don’t call me Lexi.” Axel waved the matter off and laid down beside me. “Well—nothing better to discuss, I guess? Roxas didn’t return yet from his mission, which is a surprise…”

For a little while longer, me and Axel relaxed at the top of the train station, waiting for Roxas to come. “Axel—I think we met before…” I said aloud. Axel stayed quiet the whole time, I thought he was sleeping, but he sat up with the popsicle stick still in his mouth. “Nah—I don’t think so, but…I’ve got a strange feeling that I swore to protect you, which is ridiculous since I’ve only met you weeks ago.” I shrug. “You sure you haven’t met any girls like me from before, Axel?” I face him and looked straight into his eyes, waiting for an answer. Axel blushed and turned away, scratching his head. “If I did—I would remember…” I let out a laugh and leaned against the railing. “It’s alright, Axel—main thing is, we’re still friends, right?” Axel smiled and offered me a hand to shake. I took the favor. “Right.” Axel said.

The next day, Roxas still hadn’t returned from his mission for days now, which made me and Axel really worried. “You don’t think he had been brainwashed, do you?” I ask. Axel shrugged. “Nah—he wouldn’t be as stupid as to be brainwashed and walk into the middle of the desert. It’s not like him.” “Do you want to continue searching for him?” Axel nodded. “Yeah—sure…why not?”

This time, the portal dropped us off at the Olympian coliseum. I looked around and still no sign of Roxas. “Guess we’ll have to keep searching, huh?” Axel nodded. “Yeah—guess we would have to…” We lingered around the gates at the Olympian coliseum, which were still pretty much closed. I noticed a huge golden statue of a guy wearing sandals. He had curly hair and flexed his muscles as if posing for a camera. “Urgh—I hate guys like that.” I turn and saw Axel flexing his muscles and my cheeks turned unmistakably red. “Axel!” Axel turned to me. “What? I look cool—don’t I?” “Unbelievable…” I mutter. “Unbelievable is right!” I turn and come face-to-face with a man who was knee short who had hooves for feet. “Who are you?” I ask.

“Who am I? I’m the most awesomest Satyr in the world! For I am Phil!” I narrowed my eyes. “Right…Phil…who are you really?” Phil looked offended. “I’m the one who trained the most awesome hero in the world—Hercules!” I turn to Axel for confirmation but he disappeared. Great…when I needed him most, he vanished on me… “Hello? Kid?” I look down at Phil and he’s grinning like a madman. “What is it?” I ask. “You’ve come for training, haven’t you? I know heroes these days—they ask me to train them because I’m too awesome!” I scowled at him. “Awesome? In which way?”

Things to describe Phil were not awesome at all. He forced me to run laps around the coliseum and do push-ups—make them a hundred and twenty. When I always stop, Phil would yell at me and tell me that I was a cupcake. Seriously? I huffed and puffed as I did the final push-up and Phil snorted in approval. “Alright, kid—that’s all you’ll have to learn for now…see you tomorrow, alright?” I nod my head weakly and walked out of the coliseum, coming face-to-face with Axel. I glowered at him. “Why didn’t you stay there when I needed you most?” Axel shrugged. “Nobodies aren’t allowed to keep in contact with the outer world, so to speak. We keep a low profile.” I narrowed my eyes. “Right—keeping a low profile as in watching me do push-ups and running my butt off.” Axel laughed and slapped a hand on my back. “Yep—you’ve got that right, partner. Now—shall we go and get ice cream?” I give a nod of my head. “Alright—only if you’re going to pay for it, then fine.”

The next day was always the same—searching for Roxas in different worlds. We couldn’t find him, which wasn’t a surprise since he had only gone missing weeks ago. Axel always looked to the distance, as if wondering where his best friend would be.

The day after yesterday, me and Axel were both assigned the same mission to defeat Heartless at the Olympian coliseum. As we arrived at the coliseum, I met Phil again, who this time told me that I was ready for the arena.

“Alright, kid—keep your head up high and don’t hesitate when you’re about to attack, alright? You always do that—which is getting on my nerves. Well…hope you survive and don’t die!” Phil slaps a hand on my back. Convincing words… I walk into the arena and found myself face-to-face with a Heartless.

The Heartless were easy to defeat since all I had to do was slash at them until they dissipated and never returned. “Alright, kid—the guy you’re about to fight is really strong, so heads up, alright?” I give a nod of my head and the door to the end of the arena opened and Axel walked out.

“Hey, kid.” Axel waved at me as if this was nothing. I gaped at him. “I’m supposed to fight you?” Axel grinned and summoned his weapons. “Yep.” His expression turned serious and his eyes glinted like this would be amusing. “Don’t hold back, alright?”

Axel fought like, well—himself, obviously. He’d always slash at me, but I’d always block his attacks easily with my two blades. Axel let out a hearty laugh. “Getting better, kid! See if you can handle this!” He summoned fire and shot it at me. I barely blocked the attack and avoided another fireball, making me look like I was dancing more than dodging. I grit my teeth and faced Axel. “Enough of this.” I jumped into the air and slashed, my blade connecting with his weapon, making both of ours clang in unison. “You think you’re as strong as me, kid? Well—you’re wrong.” Just like that, Axel made both of our weapons move downwards. He then grinned and slashed his weapon upwards, making me shoot up into the air and fall back down. I was about to sit up and summon both of my weapons again, but Axel was already there, looking down at me with a smile. “Guess I win.”

After the mission, me and Axel went and sat at the top of the train station like we always do. For a little while, both me and Axel ate in silence, looking at the sunset. “Don’t be upset about the lost, alright? I think you’re getting great at fighting too.” Axel said. I shake my head. “No—it’s not that…it’s just, Axel—why don’t you think we have to work like this almost every day? What will we accomplish if we keep on defeating Heartless?” Axel stayed silent for a moment then he answered, “There’s always an answer to everything, kid—the reason why we fight for the Organization is so that we get hearts of our own.” I look down at my feet. “Hearts of our own? Do you think maybe—“ “Hey, guys.” Both me and Axel turned, looking at a really exhausted Roxas with some grass in his hair. “What’s up?”

“Where were you? You know Saïx would be pretty angry once he—“ Both me and Roxas walked into the meeting room and spotted Saïx. Once he saw Roxas, his expression didn’t show any concern and he walked over. “So—it seems you did survive that mission I gave you.” Roxas shrugged. “It was no big deal. But, seriously—what were those gears for?” Saïx stayed silent and then said, “It’s not to be your business to butt in, Roxas—but since you survived that mission, you get to go to a higher rank.” Roxas looked at the ground and suddenly, he fell over like something hit him in the back and collapsed, his eyes closed tightly.

Since Roxas collapsed, he hasn’t woken up for weeks. I wait at his bedside, laying the popsicle stick that had WINNER written on it. I didn’t know what it meant exactly, but I wanted my best pal to keep it. “Wake up soon, alright?” I messed Roxas’s hair and walked out, closing the door slowly behind me.
    As I walk down the long staircase to the meeting room, I spotted
    Axel talking to Saïx. I walked down the stairs leisurely, not wanting to get noticed, but Axel noticed me and waved. I waved back and walked towards them. “Hey, you guys—how’s it going?” Saïx’s expression was always the same; mood less, showing no sign of expression. He frowned at me and turned away. “The two of you go to Castle Oblivion in a few minutes. Don’t be late.” Saïx then walked down the stairs without saying goodbye. I scowled at him. “What’s his problem? What’s Castle Oblivion?” I ask. Axel’s brow furrowed like the topic irritated him. “We’ll see when we go on the mission.”

The best thing to describe Castle Oblivion was that it was huge. The castle had many rooms that had white doors that glowed faintly. As I stepped into the central room, I felt a certain connection to the place. Scenes that I hadn’t seen before flashed in my mind like a distant memory; the same spiky redhead holding my hand at the beach, me cowering in a corner of a building of some sort, and a huge explosion that rattled my senses that I could actually feel it happening. “This—this place…” I put my hand to my head as more memories flowed through me. I couldn’t make up some of them since they were all garbled up like a bad cable connection, but I could see one where the spiky redhead held out to me and I took it. I couldn’t hear what he was saying, but I understood what his lips said, “It’s a promise.”

“Hey, Lexas—you feeling alright?” I give my head a slight nod and took a step forward. More memories flowed into me. “Can’t—take—all…” I grit my teeth and collapsed to the ground. The last thing I heard was Axel calling my name.

My dream was a little bit fuzzy, but I could remember the spike redhead saying, “It’s a promise.” My eyes opened up weakly and I turned my head, seeing Axel sitting on a chair, his eyes closed. I smiled and grabbed my blankey, putting it around him as he snored on.

“Hey, Axel—wake up.” I grabbed Axel’s cheek and pulled it. Axel’s eyes opened with surprise. “Ow! What was that for, Lexas?” I fell back, laughing as Axel rubbed the bruise on his cheek. “C’mon, sleepyhead—let’s go to the meeting room, shall we?” I stood up and was about to leave when Axel grabbed me and pulled me close to him. I felt my cheeks turned red and I looked up at Axel. “Axel—“ He suddenly let go of me and scratched his head. “I don’t know what came over me—let’s just go to the meeting room, alright?”

Saïx didn’t look happy at all when both me and Axel told him that our mission to Castle Oblivion had failed. He sent us both to defeat Heartless in Twilight town, which didn’t bother us until we came in contact with a really strong Heartless named the Orcus.

The Orcus attacked both me and Axel with its blade. I’d always have to dodge and avoid getting stabbed in the back while Axel fought beside me, attacking the Orcus with fire. I grimaced as the Orcus slashed at my chest, which caused a huge gash in the fabric of my cloak to form. “Aw, great—this was my favorite suit too…” I blocked the Orcus’s attack and slashed at it but it dodged the attack easily. I look at Axel and saw him about to summon another spell. This Heartless—it seems too powerful for the both of us to defeat…is it possible? I closed my eyes and I instantly sensed another form fighting us. Roxas.

As both the Orcas’s blade and Axel’s weapon crossed, I yelled out, “Stop! Axel—that’s actually Roxas!” I ran in front of the two of them and held out my hands so that they both dropped their blades. The Orcus’s form dissipated and Roxas stood there, his eyes blinking like he was coming out of a dream. He noticed both me and Axel. “Wait—when did you two get here?”

After a long discussion at the train station with ice cream included, Roxas told both me and Axel that he went on a mission to attack a really strong Heartless in Twilight town and thought that the both of us were the Heartless he was looking for. Axel let out a laugh. “If both me and Lexas here were Heartless—we’d both be pretty badass. Right, Lexas?” I pushed Axel and we both laughed. Roxas looked at the both of us like he was missing something but continued to eat his ice cream.

The next day, the whole Organization went to the meeting room to look outside of the window where we saw a huge golden heart. “The time is coming, my friends. Soon, we’d truly be complete at last.” Xemnas smiled and outstretched his hands to the sky. “Kingdom Hearts is just a moment ahead of us.”

Kingdom Hearts… The thought kept playing in my head after the mission of defeating Heartless. I sat at the top of the train station with Axel and Roxas who were laughing and goofing around. “Hey, Lexas. You listening?” I look up and I see Axel who had a big grin on his face. “What is it?” I ask. Axel took out his popsicle stick out of his mouth. “I was saying—we could go to the beach if you like tomorrow.” “What does the beach have anything to do with Kingdom Hearts?” I ask. Axel let out a laugh. “I’m saying let’s just have fun! The three of us tomorrow. You looking up to it, Lexi?” Axel arched an eyebrow at me. I smiled and said, “All right. But don’t call me Lexi.” Roxas, Axel, and me all laughed and looked at the sunset.

After the next day’s mission, me, Axel, and Roxas went to the beach. The three of us all had fun, splashing water into each other’s faces and finding shells in the sand. I built a sand castle and Axel stomped on it, destroying it. “Axel!” I gave him a push so that he fell into the sand. I laughed at him as the sun shined on my hair. I wished that we could play at the beach forever but we had to go back to the Organization.

The next days were the same—defeating Heartless with my two best friends, Roxas and Axel. I haven’t noticed it but Roxas’s expression changed since the beach. Every time I’d go up to him and say hi, he’d reply back but look in the distance like he was distracted. I wondered if I could do anything to help my friend.
    Since I had to defeat Heartless with only Roxas, I figured this was the best chance to talk to him. “Hey, Roxas—everything alright with you?” Roxas looked up at me and nodded. “Yup. Everything’s fine.” I give Roxas a quizzical look but continued to look at the blue sky above. It was sooner later that I knew what was bothering Roxas.

“Hey, Lexas—can you keep this a secret?” Roxas asked. I give a nod of my head. “Sure, bud—any secret is alright with me.” Roxas let out a sigh. “Good—I was afraid…” I put an arm around Roxas’s shoulder. “You can trust me, alright? I’m not like Axel.” Roxas nodded. “Alright—I’ll only say this once so listen.”

“Wait—what’re you talking about, Roxas?” I ask. Roxas sat beside me on the top of the train station after the mission and handed me an ice cream, which I gladly took. He then looked down at the ground like the idea bothered him to tell me but he did so anyway. “Lexas—do you know about our true selves? I think—I think I do…” Roxas blushed like the idea was pretty stupid, but I smiled and put a hand on his shoulder. “You thinking about Kingdom Hearts? Yeah—I’ve been worrying about that too…” Roxas shook his head. “Not Kingdom Hearts. That’s not worrying me, but—I’ve been having these dreams…” “Hey, you guys.” Both me and Roxas turned as Axel sat down beside us. He grabbed out an ice cream from his cloak pocket and began to eat it. For a little while, Axel stayed silent than asked aloud, “How are you guys doing?” “I’m doing fine. Roxas here, though—“ Roxas shook his head and made a be quiet gesture with his fingers. I face Axel again. “Tell you later. Both of us are doing alright.” Axel grinned. “Great—because Saïx asked us to go on a trio mission to Twilight town tomorrow.”

The next day, me, Roxas, and Axel scourged Twilight town for Heartless to defeat. I slashed at a Heartless while Roxas and Axel fought beside me. After defeating the Heartless with my two best pals, we walked around Twilight town and spotted three kids about my age eating ice cream and sitting down on the steps of an apartment. Instinctively Axel pushed us around the back of a nearby building so that we wouldn’t get spotted.

10. This is looking good for you, I like it a lot. The font can be a bit distracting, but that might just be me...

11. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Nice second chapter you have going here. But I couldn't help notice in one of the paragraphs you said "The day after yesterday" which would mean today but I am guessing you meant to put "The day after tomorrow"

12. Loriah Banned

Oh yeah--I'm going to change that.

13. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Yeah writers do tend to make mistakes like that when writing. Which is why it is important to read through what you have written before showing it to anyone.

14. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

This is getting better. I like where the story's going. Just wondering, is this after the events of CoM, where around half of the Organization is dead?

15. Loriah Banned

Are you talking about when they went to Castle Oblivion? If so, then yes.

16. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Awww, that's too bad I was looking forward to see how you'd put Zexion and the others here. Oh well, still good though.

17. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

I was too but lets just see how this story turns out. I look forward to the next update.

18. Loriah Banned

I've updated the story. Hope you guys enjoy~

“Who are they, Axel?” I asked as I looked at the three kids lounging around and eating ice cream. “Don’t know, but they might be the kids who live in this town.” Axel said. I edged in closer since the boy with the spiky blond hair was speaking. “Alright, you two—since our summer vacation’s almost over, I say we hit the beach.” The girl with the curly brown hair laughed. “If you say so, Hayner—“ Hayner looked offended. “I do mean it! Since we were friends we’ve always been hanging out at the town and not at the beach. Olette, let’s go outside of town for once.” Olette shrugged. “How about you, Pence?” A fat boy with black spiky hair shrugged. “If you’re buying soba, then alright.” Hayner punched Pence in the shoulder and the three of them laughed. I looked back at Roxas and Axel. “So—this is what friends do?” Axel nodded. “Yup—once we get our own hearts, we can always laugh about stupid things all the time.” I looked back at Hayner, Pence, and Olette and wondered to myself, would I really want that?

The next days were always the same—going on missions to defeat Heartless. The next day after was different however since Roxas had to go on a solo mission while both me and Axel scourged Twilight town for Heartless to defeat when we came upon the hooded guy again.
    “You! What do you want?” I growl as I pointed one of my blades at the hooded guy’s direction. As always, the hooded guy stayed silent, as if watching me from a distance. I put one of my blades over my shoulder and frowned and turned to Axel. “What does this guy want?” Axel shrugged. “I don’t know.” Then, a sarcastic smiled spread across his face. “Let’s find out.” He summoned both of his weapons and charged.

As usual, Axel got defeated by the hooded guy again. I knelt by Axel’s side and scowled at him. “I thought you were stronger than I was.” Axel didn’t say anything since he was too busy cringing from pain. I stood up and pointed a blade at the hooded guy. “Guess it’s you and me, buddy.”

I slashed and avoided the hooded guy’s attack with much more ease better than before. Sweat beaded down my forehead but I continued on, blocking an attack when the hooded guy attacked with his keyblade. I grit my teeth since I was about to lose hold on my blade, but I pushed it against his weapon, trying to get out of his protective field. I pushed in more and the hooded guy took a step back as if he was losing hold on his blade. Then, the hooded guy stepped to the side and ran off.

“Is it a chase you want? Alright, then…” I strapped both of my blades to my back and ran after the hooded guy.

As usual, the hooded guy ran off every time I got close to him. After an hour of chasing him, he stopped at the same hole that led to the mansion in the forest of trees. The hooded guy then ran into the hole and I ran through after him.

“Stop! Who are you exactly?” The hooded guy stopped in front of the mansion and turned towards me. He pulled over his hood, showing a boy with silver long hair wearing a blindfold. “We don’t have much time. Come—Sora awaits.” The huge padlock that held the gates together vanished and the gates opened with a creak.

The mansion wasn’t exactly as neat as it looked from the outside. The floorboards creaked below me as I walked towards the staircase with the boy who introduced himself as Riku. As we both walked up the stairs, I started a conversation with him that he didn’t always respond to. “Who’s this Sora?” I ask. Riku continued to walk up the stairs. “Sora—he’s a friend of mine that I’m trying to save.” Riku replied. “Sora—he’s a friend of yours…?” I avoided getting hit in the face by a column and followed Riku down the corridor and into a room that had cobwebs that covered the books. I let out a sneeze and noticed a trap door in the middle of the room. Riku stopped at the trap door put his arm out like a doorman. “Ladies first.”

The trapdoor led to a secret laboratory at the bottom of the mansion where the floor was crystal white including the ceiling. At the end of the room was something that looked like a capsule of some sort. I looked closely at the capsule and could see a boy with pointy brown hair that stood on end. It seemed like he was sleeping and I avoided the urge to go up to the capsule and tap the glass. “That’s Sora.” I turn and I see Riku stand beside me. I looked at the capsule again. “That’s…your friend?” Riku nodded. “Yep. He might be a loser but he’s still my friend.” I let out a laugh. “That’s good to know.” Riku looked at me curiously. “You’re not like most Nobodies that I’ve ever seen before.” I looked at the ground. “I guess so…”

Footsteps sounded behind me and I turn, facing the same girl with blond hair wearing a white dress and slippers. She seemed to be smiling as she noticed me. “Hello there, Lexas.”

“So—what am I here for exactly?” I ask the girl, whose name was Naminé. Naminé smiled like the idea amused her. “Well—you’re here for one thing and that is to tell Roxas about Sora.” I fidgeted with my fingers nervously. “So our true selves are actually real…” Naminé nodded. “You’ve got that right. Now—let’s go to Twilight town, shall we?”

The sun went down as both me and Naminé walked the streets of Twilight town. I looked at the sunset and sighed. “I’m going to be late…” Naminé turned to me. “Late for what?” “Our Usual Spot.” I replied. I looked at the train station where me, Axel, and Roxas always sat at after a mission or two. Naminé looked at where I was looking and smiled. “Oh—that place…you’ll be going there. Very soon…” Naminé said that as though she was in a trance. I looked back at her. “You alright?” Naminé gave a nod of her head. “Yes. I’m alright…” She turned towards the sunset and talked in almost a different voice. “Darkness—darkness would engulf us all if we don’t…” I put my hands on her shoulders. “What was that you said before? About darkness—?” Naminé gave me a weak smile. “Soon…a hero would awaken.” She faced the sunset again as it dipped against the horizon.

“Lexas! Where are you?!” I looked out of the window at the forest below me of the mansion where I see both Roxas and Axel walking around, calling out my name. I turned and looked at Riku. “Can I—?” Riku nodded. “Yeah—you can go now…” I walked towards the staircase and began to descend.

“Where were you, Lexas?” I faced both Axel and Roxas as they gave me strange looks. I looked directly into Roxas’s eyes and could almost see the resemblance from him and that boy Sora. Roxas noticed me looking at him and turned away. Axel turned from the both of us and scratched his head. “Did I miss something?”

19. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Not bad Loriah. But I seem to be getting the impression Lexas is taking Xion's place the Days storyline. But it is none the less.

20. Loriah Banned

Yeah--about Xion... She'll appear in the ending.