Birth by Sleep Passing of power?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Beucefilous, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

How exactly does the passing of power work? I know it makes someone otherwise incapable of weilding a keyblade, capable, but what are the mechanics behind it? If only a master can pass it down, how did Terra do it with Riku? The only thing i can think of to answer this is that Master Xehanort sort of named him a master, but then they just kinda go "A'ight you're a master. Gratz." and thats it. No ceramony or anything. If not, how did it work when kairi touched Aqua's keyblade but not when Sora handed his to Jack? Also, can it be done more than once by a single person?

2. StardustXtreme Chaser

The Passing of the Keyblade doesn't require you to be a Keyblade Master, only if the person is touching the Keyblade and accepted by it's master wishes, Terra sensed Riku's potenial as a Keyblade wielder and thus invoked the ceremony.

Aqua's Keyblade Inheritance Cermony was different since Kairi did touch her Keyblade unintentionally and is thus is able to wield a Keyblade as seen in KH II

Sora was different, he did accept Jack as a friend but Jack's greed rejects it and Sora gains it, It's proably only if the wielder accepts that person as a eligible wielder, Leon did hold the Keyblade briefly as well

We never did see if it could be done with more with a single person, but I assume it's possible, after all, Ventus's heart was shared with Sora's and Sora gained his own Keyblade from Destiny Island's destruction and Roxas held half of Sora's heart or Ventus's to be mroe exactly so he could wield a keyblade and as shown he can use Synch Blade to summon another.

If Riku never met Terra or taken the cermony, Aqua would fo most likely choose Sora as she did note he had potenial but she refraiend from doign so so they dont' fight each other.

3. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

So then all thats required to pass the keyblade down is to be worthy and touch it? What defines someone as being worthy? It can't have anything to do with being a good persone or not having greed and envy ect. because if so how did Xehanort get his?

4. StardustXtreme Chaser

It depends on what the Master sees in in that person, the cermony can even be accidential as well.

Remember KHII did come out long before BBS was even made as no plans of a inheritance were even possible to think about.

Xehanort too was a Master at the Land of Departure as when you pass the Mark of Mastery, you get to chosoe if you'll inhabit a world to train new students or travel the worlds, it could be to get a Keyblade, you had to go to your Awakening, remember Keyblade Wielders were much more prominent in BBS after the Keyblade War ended.

Keyblades are also technically alive as well as they can sense the person's heart like how Sora regained his Keyblade from Riku despite Riku using the power of darkness to strengthen his heart.

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

There isn't a whole lot to be said here yet. The two requirements we know of are the passing of power and a strong heart, but Nomura has implied there are others. What I can say for this is that in both the case of Jack and Leon the keyblade rejected them and returned to Sora automatically. However when Riku took it, it was considerably harder to get back. So Leon and Jack don't have what it takes, at least not yet.

6. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Ah. So we just have to wait for future releases to find out?

7. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Pretty much of everyone said.

Though I don't remember when Kairi touched Aqua's keyblade... When was that?

And I think Jack will never be able to use the keyblade, for Lion, maybe. But Squall is strong enough without the keyblade, so I don't think that Nomura will give him this power.

8. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

This.

Am I the only one here who doesn't know which Jack you are talking about?

Jack Skellington?