Dream Drop Distance Penalties for dropping at a time of your choosing?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Gelatinous Ghost, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

Perhaps I am thinking too far into this, but I have quickly taken to advancing with one character to a certain point, dropping before my drop gauge empties, getting to an equivalent point with the other character, and dropping again. I prefer to complete worlds with Sora first, as I feel his cut scenes happen first chronologically in the story. But there is no real proof of this, I suppose.

Is this harming me in any way aside from perhaps rarely activating bonus time or lower drop point rewards at each drop? Namely, will I end up missing out on valuable items by doing this in the long run and I should stop?

Thanks. ​

2. Drop. Merlin's Housekeeper

I think the chronological time is split between scenarios.
    I.E. the first fight with the Wargoyle happens with Riku, seeing as how Sora fights a wingless one and falling from the sky.

I don't think so, no. I haven't personally gone through this, and I spend time trying to get every chest in every world for each character and do the same for every special portal.

3. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I drop if I complete a world with one character, I make sure both characters finish a world before advancing to the next.

It's not harmful, as long as you don't spend more time with one character over the other and keep there levels similar it won't be a problem, I believe.

4. Drop. Merlin's Housekeeper

That makes us two.

I just mostly use a character (with Drop gauge decelerator) until it depletes.

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

The "penalty" is only that you would have fewer drop points at the drop and thus wouldn't get the rewards from it. But at the point I'm at there isn't a whole lot of value there. Maybe later when you can afford Attack/Magic level two or three it could be bigger, or if there is more rewards unlocked with time (I've only seen the affinity bonus crop up so far)

And I suppose one way of bragging about how fast you complete the game is the number of drops, but there doesn't seem to be anything in game to reward you for progressing with fewer drops.

6. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

Just the kind of answers I was looking for. Thanks guys. :) ​

7. Spyro Cool Merlin's Housekeeper

Yes. I do that to. Well, did that. Finished it today =D