Kingdom Hearts II Pete's Shield Restores His Health?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Amaury, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Don't know why I never noticed this before, but does Pete's shield give him back a little bit of health?

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

At first I was wondering since when did Pete even have a shield, but then I realized that you must be taking about that sphere thingy he covers himself in during the battle against him in Olympus Coliseum (and maybe Timeless River too, I think). But to answer your question, I don't remember seeing him getting back health when he does that, but if he did, I would think it would be just him curing himself while being protected.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Yeah, both fights.

See 3:25 here:

When his shield goes up, watch his health bar closely.

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Ok, yeah, I saw it. Guess that shield not only protects him from damage temporarily, but also heals him a bit.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Thinking about it, I do have another theory. He only regains health if you, Donald, and / or Goofy hit him when his shield is up.

6. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

He wasn't even being hit when he was healing himself in that video.

7. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Yeah, it has always been like that (at least on proud, I can't say first hand for the lower difficulties). The hits don't matter, and the HP return is so negligible that I don't blame anyone for not noticing. In the underworld fight especially it doesn't matter since pinball will take off a lot more than he gives himself.

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

Looks like any difficulty. That's my current walkthrough on standard mode.

9. Antidote Façade

I was on Timeless River the other day and let him put up his barrier - I didn't see him restore any health. Maybe it has been removed (playing 2.5 btw).

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

It wasn't. Watch from 29:18 to 29:28 here and pay close attention to his health bar when his shield goes up:

11. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It might be conditional (like only heals if he is under 1/2 HP or something). I never really looked into it past "Yep, that is a thing that happens" but as said it is definitely there in 2.5 as well.

12. Antidote Façade

Amaury - I watched that video, and it seems that Mixt is right about it being conditional. When I tried testing it, he had barely one life bar left, and his HP wasn't going up. I think that's strange...you'd think his HP would maybe start boosting back up when he's about to be beaten instead of when he still has a lot of health left. :v