Support Photoshop crashes when saving

Discussion in 'Technology' started by ShibuyaGato, Dec 16, 2013.

1. ShibuyaGato Transformation

The issue is self-explanatory. Every time I try to save something in CS5, it closes without a warning -- there isn't even a pop-up of an unexpected crash. I've scoured the internet for a solution, and I've already tried deleting my preferences but nothing has worked. Any help would really be appreciated.

2. Patman Bof

It happened to me often back when my laptop was still (barely) working. I assumed it was because my laptop was clearly at the end of its rope, it was overheating fast and crashed everytime I worked the CPU too hard too long, so I didn' t look any further.

To counter it I ended up saving after every little step. Try to google it, and if you come up empty handed or couldn' t be bothered to search just try installing a different version, maybe it' s a conflict issue.

3. Misty gimme kiss

Is it saving any type of file or just a certain type (like psds)? Did it just start happening recently?

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

It won't even take me to the menu for saving files. As soon as I've clicked save it crashes. It just started happening too.