Photoshop CS2 font help

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Destined, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destined Working for WDW

Ok this seems like a really simple answer:
    In Photoshop CS2, to add text you click the "T" option along the side bar, then on the image and begin to type by editing font color, size, font, etc.

I can edit my font up to 72 pt on the option, but the font on the sig when highlighted remains at well below 10 pt.

This has happened for numerous fonts that came with the program just recently and worked wonderfully up until this afternoon.

Any help?

2. Xidon Traverse Town Homebody

I think you height percentage might be cut down, just go to the text options
    [​IMG]

If that is not the problem, just mess with the rest of the text settings and you should fix it easily.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: you can also edit your text with the free transform tool to get the size you want in case non of this works.

3. Destined Working for WDW

Problem is i've not changed any of the font settings since getting the program and they all worked fine for the last ten or so sig's i've done Xidon. The objects that you have highlighted are the same as your image, and still the font looks like so:
    [​IMG]

4. tofuman Twilight Town Denizen

that is very odd i have no clue what to do.

5. Fallen King Kingdom Keeper

NoMethod Error `stupid_location' for nil:NilClass
    I know nothing about photoshop, but have you tried taking the shadow off, the part where it says smooth, again i know nothing about it

6. Destined Working for WDW

Tried that, but the only way i can get the font to show up is by changing the scale to 1000 by 1000 instead of 100 by 100.

Anyone know how to change the default or normal scale i suppose?

7. Amber PLUR

I get the same problem sometimes, it's weird o.o

Sometimes when I open photoshop and make something, when it says 12 pt font, it's like 3.5, but then other times, with the exact same font, it looks like 18 pt. It's not consistent at all...

8. Destined Working for WDW

Just to pass on some information to anyone that may have the same problem I have had recently, I discovered that when you open up a new project, my pixel/inch setting was set to 2, where as alot of tutorials I had researched said to have it set for 72.

Made the change and it is fixed now.

Thanks guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.