Pineapple on Pizza

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by cstar, May 11, 2017.

1. cstar stay away from my waifu

This topic is not for the screamers, I actually am curious if there is an actual explanation as to why some people dislike pineapple on pizza, as someone who actively likes pineapple on pizza.

Why do I like it? Well, I think the pineapple makes a nice compliment to everything else on the pizza. I find the sour taste of pineapple to break the homogeny of the rest of the flavors. Cheese and bread have a similar kind of taste to me, and normally the tomato sauce which offers a sweet flavor will help to break that, but sometimes I need a strong flavorful taste on pizza and pineapple does just that for me.

Now, I've had pineapple on pizza in multiple ways and it doesn't always work. For example, the one time it didn't was when it was on a pizza that had barbecue sauce on the top and it was not very good to me, there was just too much going on. But when the pineapple is paired with ham I think it works lovely.

I assume the reason most people do not like pineapple on pizza is because of pineapple itself. In this case, have any of you a substitute for me that achieves the same effect as a pineapple on pizza? For I have yet to find one.

Please explain your stance on pizza in the more gratuitous and language wasting manner available. And remember that I did actually put this in debate corner. So I am actually expecting something.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I don't mind it, but it's not what I'd normally choose for a topping for myself. I'm surprised by your description of its flavor as sour when when I've had it on pizza I've thought it tasted sweet.

3. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

The end of this debate in a nutshell

[​IMG]

Like, sorry, but it's available everywhere. Clearly people love it.

4. cstar stay away from my waifu

I would like to ask for you to reread, I was wondering what people liked and did not like about pineapple on pizza specifically. not whether or not it is "wrong or right" to put pineapple on pizza.
    People tend to describe the taste as "sweet & sour" and I just honestly find it tastes more sour naturally.

5. Ghost King's Apprentice

I only like fruit when it's sour and I only like sour tastes in fruit and candy. Mixing flavors doesn't sit well with me because It never tastes right. Everyone ask different taste buds so some people like the taste and some don't.

6. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

This is the debate corner. I came ready to brawl, not express my personal joy!!!

7. CrownMoksha Decimo

For me it was one of those things that I was curious about and after trying it ends up loving it seeing as pineapple is one of my favorite fruits.

8. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

I personally prefer my pizza plain with no toppings because i'm boring xD. I'm pretty neutral on pinapple on pizza. If you like it, you like it. If you don't like it, you don't like it. That's pretty much my opinion on the whole thing!

9. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

The only time I actually have pineapple on a pizza is when I get a Hawaiian BBQ chicken pizza, and I like it. Can't see myself having pineapple for other kinds of pizza though.

10. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

What's Hawaiian BBQ?? I never heard of that! Is that like pineapple with bbq chicken on a pizza? Or is something completely different?

11. CrownMoksha Decimo

Google is your friend

12. Arch Mana Knight

I don't like pineapple by itself so there's no reason for me to put something I don't like on pizza. That's why I don't like it.

13. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Pineapple in general is okay! I'm just neutral with it on pizza. Again, I usually prefer my pizza without any toppings but that's just me

14. Amaury Legendary Hero

It should be noted that some people are genetically wired not to taste sour. I learned this during my Nutrition 101 class on our first unit.

15. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

What do you mean "genetically wired"? Is there like something that doesn't allow some people to taste anything sour?

16. Amaury Legendary Hero

Er, wait. I had the wrong one. I meant bitter. Bitter is the one we're genetically wired to taste or not.

17. Trigger hewwo uwu

I just don't like fruit or veggies on my pizza. The way it feels when I chew it just makes me wanna spit it out. This is why I always exclusively get meat lovers toppings. (bacon, sausage, pepperoni)

18. Zgermanguy Destiny Islands Resident

I dont get it either but I would like to know do you americans but ham on hawaiian pizza? because thats the only way I is made over here. I can imagine that some people find the pineapple in combanation with the sauce to sweet but to me nice big chunks of salty ham neutralize it. But taste for food is like the taste in art its almost entirely subjectiv.

19. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

See, I joke around about how wrong it is to put pineapple on a pizza, but it has a good reason. Every time I take even a small bite of just that one kind of pizza, I do literally throw up in my mouth a little bit. My tastebuds totally rebel against me.

As a counter-point, against myself no less, I don't like bell peppers either, and nobody questions if they belong on a pizza.

20. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

WAIT!!!!! Since when did people put bell peppers on pizza!?!?!?!?